Jump to content
Apoc

What's on your mind?

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

 

Cheers Nat. Glad to see you back on here. I haven't listened to Nocturnal Depression that I can remember, I'll check it out.

Ahh cheers mate..I'll start crying in a mo and ruin my corpsepaint.lol.

Yeh go listen now it's vitally important :D seriously tho How anyone can't be moved by that album is beyond me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Requiem said:

the sun is shining outside which goes completely against my gothic metal ethos. 

LOL! It's winter there right? Just consider yourself lucky not to be in a heat wave like I just was. The last three days have been in the 90s (Fahrenheit), at least it's supposed to cool down some today. 

In other news, damn, the soundtrack to The Crow is still freaking awesome after all these years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to nurture my inner nature child today and went to a park, stared at some honey bees doing their business amongst the flowers and began to think: 5G is one it's way...hold on to your knickers everybody, the internet is going to be faster than ever! You will barely have time to type a search word before the global spider web sends you sliding down one of it's zillion strings. The bad news is that since 3G came along, honey bees have been dying in an ever increasing number. And well, a honey bee is the middle (wo)man...only female bees collect pollen...when flowers and many plants and trees have sex. Without the honey bee we would loose one third of all the crops grown on this planet...good bye almost all fruit and nuts, carrots, lemons, cabbage and obviously honey etc. which is a good alternative to penicillin....but yaaaay, welcome ultra-super-soddingly-amazing fast wi-fi.

Perhaps I should stop going to the park, I seem to end up all depressed....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Parker said:

LOL! It's winter there right? Just consider yourself lucky not to be in a heat wave like I just was. The last three days have been in the 90s (Fahrenheit), at least it's supposed to cool down some today. 

In other news, damn, the soundtrack to The Crow is still freaking awesome after all these years. 

Yeah, I'm not a fan of heat waves ordinarily. I love this cold and frosty weather. I'm trying to get the Countess to agree to move to England permanently but she's not having it. There's a lot to like to about Australia, and I'm thankful for what it's given me, but I want out. 

12 hours ago, Torturga said:

Decided to nurture my inner nature child today and went to a park, stared at some honey bees doing their business amongst the flowers and began to think: 5G is one it's way...hold on to your knickers everybody, the internet is going to be faster than ever! You will barely have time to type a search word before the global spider web sends you sliding down one of it's zillion strings. The bad news is that since 3G came along, honey bees have been dying in an ever increasing number. And well, a honey bee is the middle (wo)man...only female bees collect pollen...when flowers and many plants and trees have sex. Without the honey bee we would loose one third of all the crops grown on this planet...good bye almost all fruit and nuts, carrots, lemons, cabbage and obviously honey etc. which is a good alternative to penicillin....but yaaaay, welcome ultra-super-soddingly-amazing fast wi-fi.

Perhaps I should stop going to the park, I seem to end up all depressed....

What on earth are you on about? You go to the park, look at nature and think about the internet!? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Requiem said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of heat waves ordinarily. I love this cold and frosty weather. I'm trying to get the Countess to agree to move to England permanently but she's not having it. There's a lot to like to about Australia, and I'm thankful for what it's given me, but I want out. 

What on earth are you on about? You go to the park, look at nature and think about the internet!? ;)

I know, I am a confused soul who thinks waaaayyy too much (I am the sort who can stand by a bus stop thinking about Nietzche's philosophical theories...that is how bad it is)  So never mind those pesky radio waves, it is those sodding brain waves which are really distrupting my mind...esspecially when I sit in parks! *lol*

Edited by Torturga
Silly little spelling error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up a stereo components cabinet on the side of the road. It is big and black and has a glass door with magnetic clasp thingy. Totally classic. I put my stereo components in it. I have lots of them, and several even work properly. Also I got Weedeater tickets for tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting with a bunch of other parents in the gym at the Y. My son is about to "graduate" from preschool. It's a little silly since it will mark no change in his schedule or his surroundings - he doesn't start kindergarten for another few months - but I suppose it's mostly for the benefit of the kids who will be leaving preschool for the summer. Apparently they all learned some songs for the occasion. 

We're a diverse bunch. Some of these parents need to brush their teeth and use the bathroom. It's a small gym.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guys next week is my vacation won't be on here when I get back  tomorrow is monster jam I can't wait  alabaster congrats on your son and nat stay positive  I got a good song for u listen to only the strong survives by flaw that will keep your spirit up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, deathstorm said:

Well guys next week is my vacation won't be on here when I get back  tomorrow is monster jam I can't wait  alabaster congrats on your son and nat stay positive  I got a good song for u listen to only the strong survives by flaw that will keep your spirit up

Have a great time Deathstorm, and thanks again mate :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone interested in the health issues of today??? I wonder cause I get these terrible migraines...I have one now as a matter of fact...I have tried everything for them too...Anyone have any suggestions or new info. about migraines??? Any comments would be most appreciated...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's unfortunately not much I can tell you about that... Whenever I get a migraine I just take a pill, lie down in my bed and put a cold, wet cloth on my forehead. As I have aural migraine I need to avoid staring directly into any light sources, otherwise it gets worse (or triggers it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JadedErotika said:

Is anyone interested in the health issues of today??? I wonder cause I get these terrible migraines...I have one now as a matter of fact...I have tried everything for them too...Anyone have any suggestions or new info. about migraines??? Any comments would be most appreciated...

Migraine sucks...I have come to the conclusion that it must be something to do with hormones,for me anyway,  as I usually get one around that time of the month, the only thing that works for me is water and laying down in a dark room. Chocolate tends to make it worse I find. Hope you feel better soon..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Join Metal Forum

    joinus-home.jpg

  • Our picks

    • Whichever tier of thrash metal you consigned Sacred Reich back in the 80's/90's they still had their moments.  "Ignorance" & "Surf Nicaragura" did a great job of establishing the band, whereas "The American Way" just got a little to comfortable and accessible (the title track grates nowadays) for my ears.  A couple more records better left forgotten about and then nothing for twenty three years.  2019 alone has now seen three releases from Phil Rind and co.  A live EP, a split EP with Iron Reagan and now a full length.

      Notable addition to the ranks for the current throng of releases is former Machine Head sticksman, Dave McClean.  Love or hate Machine Head, McClean is a more than capable drummer and his presence here is felt from the off with the opening and title track kicking things off with some real gusto.  'Divide & Conquer' and 'Salvation' muddle along nicely, never quite reaching any quality that would make my balls tingle but comfortable enough.  The looming build to 'Manifest Reality' delivers a real punch when the song starts proper.  Frenzied riffs and drums with shots of lead work to hold the interest.


      There's a problem already though (I know, I am such a fucking mood hoover).  I don't like Phil's vocals.  I never had if I am being honest.  The aggression to them seems a little forced even when they are at their best on tracks like 'Manifest Reality'.  When he tries to sing it just feels weak though ('Salvation') and tracks lose real punch.  Give him a riffy number such as 'Killing Machine' and he is fine with the Reich engine (probably a poor choice of phrase) up in sixth gear.  For every thrashy riff there's a fair share of rock edged, local bar act rhythm aplenty too.

      Let's not poo-poo proceedings though, because overall I actually enjoy "Awakening".  It is stacked full of catchy riffs that are sticky on the old ears.  Whilst not as raw as perhaps the - brilliant - artwork suggests with its black and white, tattoo flash sheet style design it is enjoyable enough.  Yes, 'Death Valley' & 'Something to Believe' have no place here, saved only by Arnett and Radziwill's lead work but 'Revolution' is a fucking 80's thrash heyday throwback to the extent that if you turn the TV on during it you might catch a new episode of Cheers!

      3/5
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • I
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/52-vltimas-something-wicked-marches-in/
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/50-queensryche-the-verdict/
      • Reputation Points

      • 0 replies

    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/48-candlemass-the-door-to-doom/
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
×