What's on your mind?

Apoc

6 hours ago, deathstorm said:

Alabaster true belief macabre  Dave req I  went to pulmonary doctor he has written the scripts for  a  automatic cpap machine to deal with my sleep apnea he said I gotten lose weight in order for it go away I am going to nurtionlist to see if I can lose weight   I see him next 8 weeks 

Hope everything gets better for you man.

9 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Looking forward to this, vicarious living is the best living.

Ah man, that sucks. When can you take the test again? My mom had it worse - she told me she was so nervous that she ran a red light, and then realized it and slammed on brakes in the middle of the intersection only to find that there were cars coming at her.

Not to worry, I'm sure this won't impact your dreams of being a test pilot.

booked my test again same time same day 18th of April, hopefully I can get a cancellation though, I don't want to be waiting that long. :P

20 minutes ago, GrayscaleDawn said:

I´ve been on some sort of antisocial season lately, spending time with books, music and such rather than being active in the internet etc. I´ve been stalking here daily too, just haven´t really felt like saying much. I think i need to get proper drunk or something like that, to get back to social stuff. :D 

We'll have to schedule something where we all get drunk together. Glad you're still checking in.

Well here I am at the famous Bendigo Hotel, a rock/metal pub in the world's most liveable city. And as I walk in the door they're playing Balls to the Wall by Accept. I'm in the right place.

I'm currently in an armchair with a pint of the establishment's 'Skull Lager'. Some nice looking metal girls around - don't tell the Countess I said that or she'll throw my undeads to the (Carpathian) wolves that lurk in the unholy grottoes of Castle Requiem's (unhallowed) grounds. 

There's also a guy in skin tight leopard print pants. Long live the 80s. 

It's impossible to sleep past 7:00am on the weekends with these damn vampiric kids!!

Just once, in five years, I would like to sleep until 11am and then do whatever I want. But no. Three year old jumping all over me, nagging me to get up, not taking no for an answer. It takes 45 minutes to get her to stay in her room and go to sleep at night, then it's impossible to keep her there in the morning.

They have a billion toys and assurances that we will soon be up and fulfilling all their nurturing needs if they would just give us 30 more minutes, but no. I'm like Santa Claus at the mall - the kids won't leave me alone.

They're great and everything but goddamn it they don't give you any breaks. Even now one of them is climbing all over me like a monkey at a Buddhist temple. 

Whenever I hear a person who doesn't have children say that they are tired and have no time, I want to tear their oblivious head off and use it to line my garden path. No offence to those people...

Alright, rant done. 

27 minutes ago, Requiem said:

It's impossible to sleep past 7:00am on the weekends with these damn vampiric kids!!

Just once, in five years, I would like to sleep until 11am and then do whatever I want. But no. Three year old jumping all over me, nagging me to get up, not taking no for an answer. It takes 45 minutes to get her to stay in her room and go to sleep at night, then it's impossible to keep her there in the morning.

They have a billion toys and assurances that we will soon be up and fulfilling all their nurturing needs if they would just give us 30 more minutes, but no. I'm like Santa Claus at the mall - the kids won't leave me alone.

They're great and everything but goddamn it they don't give you any breaks. Even now one of them is climbing all over me like a monkey at a Buddhist temple. 

Whenever I hear a person who doesn't have children say that they are tired and have no time, I want to tear their oblivious head off and use it to line my garden path. No offence to those people...

Alright, rant done. 

I'm with this. And if it's not our son, it's the cats. Could drive a man to drink.

27 minutes ago, Requiem said: It's impossible to sleep past 7:00am on the weekends with these damn vampiric kids!!

Alright, rant done. 

I'm with this. And if it's not our son, it's the cats. Could drive a man to drink.

Add me to this list. Thankfully our cat is pretty much an 'outside cat' in the warmer months and he stays out - but damn he's annoying. We usually let our son sleep inside though.....

4 hours ago, MourningOblivion said:

I'm ashamed to say, but I just woke up at 4 pm. To be fair, I was out drinking quite a bit last night.

Damn you to hell! 

To be fair, though, I did once live that life and, by the time I'm about 55 years old, I can live it again. Until then it's spilt milk, no sleep and the Frozen dvd. 

Alabaster and duke I just saw that wintersun crowdfunding project that is a lot money for a digital download package  in July physical copies be out of there new cd  they using at there own rehearsal space and studio to shoot there own videos 750,000 euros  for own project that is a lot of money 

Yeah, it's only digital, but it's not 50 euros for just 1 album, but for remasters (if I got it right) of the first two albums and a live album (and whole bunch of other sh#t). Honestly, if I had the money, I'd buy it, but I'm kinda short.

Hold up... Why is this thread in Forum Games anyway? (and not in Off Topic?)

I´m not entirely sold on the Wintersun crowdfunding.. they are basically asking beforehand for all the goodies they are entitled to AFTER they release great new material and so on. It´s a weird thing, people pay for a promise of something that they might enjoy in the end. I guess i have burned my hands few too many times when it comes to crowdfunding and paying in advance. I mean.. it does not take huge amount of money for anyone to release music these days, all it takes is plenty of effort.

On 03/03/2017 at 9:10 PM, Requiem said:

Alright, rant done. 

Everything to sum up why I don't have kids in one post right there.

p.s typing this from my bed at nearly 9am. My cats are asleep on the bed too.

Spent most of today battling with my PC as it lost the playback program from my device manager for the second day in a row since the move.  I just spent 3 hours running a massive update from Microsoft and the speakers are back now.  Alos, realised I had been using my vinyl player wrong and the balance screw needed to be higher in order to avoid skipping and jumps on my records, duh!

In other news today I was taught about SQL scripts.  I just nodded and made positive noises when I thought I should do because I really couldn't give any fucks about that shit.  

We are down to about the last 20 boxes to unpack (from an original 80) now after spending the first 3 days here cleaning up the place after the landlord who vacated after 15 years of living on his own vacated leaving grease centimetres thick on the stove, surrounding tiles and worktops. Had to use a steam cleaner to get all the crap off.

10 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Ah, he left it nasty? Not cool. You like the space though?

Unexpectedly missing the old place, even had a wave of emotion hit me as I left which is not usually my thing but can really see the potential of this place yeah.  The one advantage to having to work so hard to get it up to our standards is that we will appreciate it much more.

6 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

Unexpectedly missing the old place, even had a wave of emotion hit me as I left which is not usually my thing but can really see the potential of this place yeah.  The one advantage to having to work so hard to get it up to our standards is that we will appreciate it much more.

I definitely had a similar reaction to leaving our old apartment. Do you have a yard? And do you get any kind of break for the work you have to do around the place?

41 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I definitely had a similar reaction to leaving our old apartment. Do you have a yard? And do you get any kind of break for the work you have to do around the place?

Yeah a decent sized rear garden and a big front plot.  Really enjoying putting my office/man cave together and we have been out exploring the area.  I have a meeting on Thursday just outside of Lancaster so will drop the gf off before the meeting in the city and then we will spend a few hours after my meeting enjoying the historic aspects of the city.

51 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

Yeah a decent sized rear garden and a big front plot.  Really enjoying putting my office/man cave together and we have been out exploring the area.  I have a meeting on Thursday just outside of Lancaster so will drop the gf off before the meeting in the city and then we will spend a few hours after my meeting enjoying the historic aspects of the city.

It's cool you'll have the space for your gardening. I imagine it'll take at least fifty years to grow and train your signature carnivorous hedges, to say nothing of imbuing any local trees with the proper twisty and gnarled sense of grim foreboding. 

Once we move to our next place, I'll have a yard for the first time in about 17 years...