What's on your mind?

Apoc

Glad you had a blast RO.  Welcome back.

I now have a gas supply again that isn't leaking and making me dizzy, tired and moody (well more than usual).  House still has a lot of work to be done at it for us to get straight nut I am on the road most of next week (lock up your daughters) and the gf is back at work so will be a couple of months yet before we get straight.  On the plus side we found a coffee shop around the corner that does alcohol as well as some damn fine coffee.  

Glad you had a blast RO.  Welcome back.

I now have a gas supply again that isn't leaking and making me dizzy, tired and moody (well more than usual).  House still has a lot of work to be done at it for us to get straight nut I am on the road most of next week (lock up your daughters) and the gf is back at work so will be a couple of months yet before we get straight.  On the plus side we found a coffee shop around the corner that does alcohol as well as some damn fine coffee.  

A good coffee shop is an absolute must. Hopefully they do all sorts of tasty treats as well.

I'M HOME!!!

So we picked the worst POSSIBLE time to stay in LA. The Oscars can fuck right off thank you. Turns out we actually stayed just off Hollywood Blvd. Great location every other day but we couldn't walk out of the hotel without being approached by security/police and asked what we thought we were doing that day. I had a blast and plan to go back next year. Didn't get even half what I wanted to done. Brother won Silver in the 4km pursuit and bronze in 1km time trial so that was good. I blew threw $1300 US which wasn't so good. Also gained five kilograms which is both good and bad.

Think I ticked 1 of the beers FA recommended (Stone IPA...wait was that one I don't remember anymore). Pretty good or maybe that's just compared to Aussie Beer. Sierra Nevada IPA was one I tried too exatly average.

Welcome back. Any particular highlights?

It's all happening at the moment, isn't it. So many adventures.

I'm currently surviving the third of three nights at my parents' house where I grew up in the country. It's been... ok. I love the town but can't wait to say farewell to the Senior Requiems for another few months. This time tomorrow I'll be back in the big smoke. 

21 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

I'M HOME!!!

So we picked the worst POSSIBLE time to stay in LA. The Oscars can fuck right off thank you. Turns out we actually stayed just off Hollywood Blvd. Great location every other day but we couldn't walk out of the hotel without being approached by security/police and asked what we thought we were doing that day. I had a blast and plan to go back next year. Didn't get even half what I wanted to done. Brother won Silver in the 4km pursuit and bronze in 1km time trial so that was good. I blew threw $1300 US which wasn't so good. Also gained five kilograms which is both good and bad.

Think I ticked 1 of the beers FA recommended (Stone IPA...wait was that one I don't remember anymore). Pretty good or maybe that's just compared to Aussie Beer. Sierra Nevada IPA was one I tried too exatly average.

What did you spend the $1300 on? Oh man, I miss LA. What else did you do?

1 hour ago, Requiem said:

It's all happening at the moment, isn't it. So many adventures.

I'm currently surviving the third of three nights at my parents' house where I grew up in the country. It's been... ok. I love the town but can't wait to say farewell to the Senior Requiems for another few months. This time tomorrow I'll be back in the big smoke. 

What did you spend the $1300 on? Oh man, I miss LA. What else did you do?

Universal Studios VIP tour (the only way I'd do that particularly park), a DFO called Citadel, went to a Lakers game (they aren't my team but we wanted to catch a game), walked a good chunk of Hollywood Blvd, visited the wax museum for reasons unknown, went on a Hollywood bus tour. That was it really. Two days watching the brother race and another lost to the Oscars + 1 lost to torrential rain gave us five days to do anything including the one on which we arrived. I'd like to go back and do Six Flags, Disneyland, the Guitar center, some of the museums, go to San Fran, check Vegas out. That'll be the West Coast done then it's just MDF and New York before the states are ticked off. As mad as I am about thrill rides I don't think I'd travel around the states hitting up every park they have.

11 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Universal Studios VIP tour (the only way I'd do that particularly park), a DFO called Citadel, went to a Lakers game (they aren't my team but we wanted to catch a game), walked a good chunk of Hollywood Blvd, visited the wax museum for reasons unknown, went on a Hollywood bus tour. That was it really. Two days watching the brother race and another lost to the Oscars + 1 lost to torrential rain gave us five days to do anything including the one on which we arrived. I'd like to go back and do Six Flags, Disneyland, the Guitar center, some of the museums, go to San Fran, check Vegas out. That'll be the West Coast done then it's just MDF and New York before the states are ticked off. As mad as I am about thrill rides I don't think I'd travel around the states hitting up every park they have.

Sounds good. Even though I've been a few times now there's still so much of the US I want to see. I love America.

Talking about snow, I was really happy with this winter. It was colder than any spring in the last 4-5 years (maybe more). We had snow for a month and a half and temperature up to -15.
In these later years temperatures barely went under 0 and snow barely held for a week, so it was nice having a proper winter.
Now we're in the rainy period.

It's so awesome when you find tabs for your favourite song by one of your favourite bands which is underrated as heck (seriously finding tabs for bands which I like is painstaking). Gonna start practicing playing the track tomorrow (since it's 3:23am now).
Anyway, my bass playing is progressing quite nicely. I've signed up to a music school...well more of a music course (since it lasts 6 months) because I want to learn playing properly from the start. It's a course for bass guitar, but I was also thinking about entering a course for singing as well, as soon as my throat gets better (have a little cold).

Everything else is good. Have a good day lads :D

10 hours ago, deathstorm said:

we got a big snowstorm that is going be hitting  us on Monday night to Tuesday night we are expecting up to 12 to 18 inches  of snow @FatherAlabaster  you preparing for the nor'easter up by you luckily my concert is on Saturday night

18 minutes ago, GorboGorboze said:

Get the bread and milk Dude, it's gonna be a proper snow hammer.

Really can't prepare much... I wish I could go to the laundromat and wash my thermals, though. I've never gotten the bread and milk thing. What's the deal with that anyway? It's cold, we're stuck inside... I know, let's have bread soaked in milk! Perfect! 

1 hour ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Really can't prepare much... I wish I could go to the laundromat and wash my thermals, though. I've never gotten the bread and milk thing. What's the deal with that anyway? It's cold, we're stuck inside... I know, let's have bread soaked in milk! Perfect! 

This is like the mad rush at the supermarket the day before Good Friday. "Quick, the shops are closed tomorrow! Everyone get to the supermarket today or we're all going to starve!". 

It's good to be back at Castle Requiem after braving the wilds of my parents' province. Sure, I may be a vampire of unspeakable horrors, but that's nothing compared to dealing with the anti-logic of two ageing, stuck-in-their-ways, undead. This evening, back in sanity land, we are having pancakes on the bbq outside in the mild autumnal sun (vampires in the shade, of course). I'm going to try to break some records regarding most pancakes eaten. 

On 3/13/2017 at 0:14 AM, FatherAlabaster said:

I think it's best taken as a metaphor, or rather as standing for whatever staples you rely on.

6 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Life is fucked. We're moving this weekend and I am soooo sick. I've caught like the black death or something 'cause I literally feel like I'm dying.

WELCOME TO AMERICA MOTHERFUCKER :D

...hope you feel better though, and good luck with your move. Is your brother helping?

Yesterday was awesome for me - we had a blizzard, my wife had a snow day home from work, we had plenty of beer, I made burgers, and I got the first round of masters back for my EP. No complaints.

8 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

WELCOME TO AMERICA MOTHERFUCKER :D

...hope you feel better though, and good luck with your move. Is your brother helping?

Yesterday was awesome for me - we had a blizzard, my wife had a snow day home from work, we had plenty of beer, I made burgers, and I got the first round of masters back for my EP. No complaints.

That's great FA. Yeah you could say that. He decided he was gonna buy a house so we're all moving in there. Trouble is we lose 1 bedroom so living arrangements are not finalised. Neither myself nor our other housemate really have anywhere else to go. We'll certainly try and make this work but if it can't her and I might need to find ourselves a place to share. Honestly things are getting very strained between my brother and I.

Also wow I thought I felt like shit yesterday? Yeah I ain't getting out of bed today.