Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to stalk this  
Stalkers 0
fivedesrukt

Favourite metal quote

163 posts in this topic

Re: Favourite metal quote

Awesome! They played last night. I was honestly debating on going. I'm not really a fan of theirs but they seem to be pretty amusing in all the interviews I've read. Did you go last night?
Nope, I'm fucking sick. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome! They played last night. I was honestly debating on going. I'm not really a fan of theirs but they seem to be pretty amusing in all the interviews I've read. Did you go last night?
I just saw them last week, dude, they were incredible. Two drummers. The heaviest thing I've seen since Swans. I'm not a big fan of their recordings, but "A Senile Animal" captures what they're like best IMO.

I just saw them last week' date=' dude, they were incredible. Two drummers. The heaviest thing I've seen since Swans. I'm not a big fan of their recordings, but "A Senile Animal" captures what they're like best IMO.[/quote'] Perhaps one day I'll break down and see them. :)

Perhaps one day I'll break down and see them. :)
You must, it was fucking amazing. I almost didn't go the other day, and I wouldn't have known what I was missing. It was totally captivating. Makes me regret not playing live anymore. Make sure you see them with both drummers.

Read this quote today from Dave Grohl and although I am not a massive fan of Foo Fighters (oh alright I'd rather stick pins in my eyes and have old people tickle my arse) I thought it was pretty cool. "I went to England to see Cronos from Venom, and he really is that guy. I don't know if he's really Satanic, but we went to dinner and he drank like a Viking and ate a piece of meat that was almost still alive. The outside was kind of brown, but it was cold and bloody. And he told us about going into supermarkets and eating raw meat when he didn't have any money. I told that to Lemmy and he said, "Yeah, well I used to suck the meat out of raw sausages." It was like a contest for who could be more metal."

Buzz Osborne on The Smashing Pumpkins: "I’m sure that Billy has his good qualities, and probably if I listened to their entire catalog, I could find 10 minutes of music that I thought was okay, but I’ll probably never do that." Baaa-ziiiinng!:D

Not my favourite per se, but I really do like this: "There is no day without a night. Some people see only darkness in me and only light in themselves. So be it. I like all colours." - Adam Nergal Darski, Confessions of a Heretic

Flicking through back issues of some mags I unearthed upstairs earlier and have a few quotes that made me smile:

"I don't run around the streets setting priests on fire." - Athenar, Midnight

"If you don't like a band anymore, just find something else to listen to." Fenriz, Darkthrone

"Without 13th Century Italian Dance Music, we wouldn't have Summoning" Obsequiae

"...our music is not easily digested by the brainless masses." Voltaire 666, Deiphago

"People think Satan's cool and he's your friend, but he's not your friend...." Victor Griffin

"...I can't simply live off of praise and Facebook likes." David DiSanto, Vektor

"What's the matter with you people? You're not makin enough fuckin noise! You're not wimpin out are ya? Lemme hear ya say 'fuck no James!'" "Fuck no James!" "Alright... this next song's gonna kill all the fake people out there! All the posers! We fuckin hate them... I'm not sposed to say fuck..." -James Hetfield, 1983 I think it was. I can't fuckin remember.

"If you can't handle failure, then I don't think that success is an option. So you might as well learn to fail efficiently and move on." - Devin Townsend