What Are You Listening To?

khaos

On 9/21/2023 at 5:54 AM, JonoBlade said:

Ha. There can't be many of us pining for the new KK album (a better band name would have been "Priest Quitter"), but I was listening to the LP yesterday. It is as good as anything actual Priest has released since Nostradamus.

I have given serious thought to making the trek to see KK live in Birmingham in a few weeks. Paul Dianno is opening and there won't be too many more chances to see that guy. He's in a wheelchair and morbidly obese the last time I looked. I really liked Killers "Murder One" back in the day and of course he was the superior vocalist of Maiden (not best frontman as Bruce is, for all his faults, a great showman - just Dianno had a cooler voice).

Glad to hear you're liking the material!  "Sermons of the Sinner" is an album that has gotten nearly constant rotation for me ever since its release in July of 2021.  At that time, touring was just barely starting to come back after the shutdown, and I remember KK saying at the time that they already had enough material for a second album.  They opted to go ahead and release their second album, so they'd have two albums worth of material to play live.  Ripper is one of my favorite metal vocalists in existence, so pairing him up with another former Judas Priest member?  Yes, please!  

Judas Priest is my favorite traditional metal band of all time, so they'll never be topped by KK's Priest by any means.  However, I love what KK is doing and can't wait for the album next Friday!

Very cool that you're seeing Dianno!  Sorry to hear about his physical state of health.  I haven't kept up with him as much in recent years, although as I type this post, I'm sitting here in my Iron Maiden t-shirt.  I'm planning to crank "Dance of Death" today.

I've had a varied morning o' metal:

Chaos Horrific | Cannibal Corpse (bandcamp.com)

New one. Haven't bought it yet. It's as you would expect.

Murder's Concept | Yattering (bandcamp.com)

FA randomly posted this band name and it sparked a memory. After a bit of digging I am pretty sure I was really into the Genocide record but I can't find that on bandcamp. That album was on Candlelight...so it should be on bandcamp but it ain't. However, that randomly lead me to...

Sonderkommando | The Meads of Asphodel | Candlelight Records UK (bandcamp.com)

Meanwhile, I have been pretty taken with Wiegedood, which I have now taken the time to learn to spell, although not sure how to pronounce. They have two albums on Century Media, and therefore out of my reach as I search for a legit lossless download. I am reduced to listening to you tube like an animal.

In my quest I went to secondary download service 7digital, who had let me down a few months ago when I could no longer retrieve the Senjitsu download I had paid for. No CM Wiegedood albums (although they do have the bandcamp ones...cheaper than on bandcamp!). However, magically Senjitsu had reappeared. Today is a good day, despite my Wiegedood fixation going unsated.

3 hours ago, Arioch said:

Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses (1992)

Brilliant album

50 minutes ago, navybsn said:

Saw the Max & Igorr show last night. Decent show. Both bands were tight and delivered the goods. All of Bestial Devastation and Morbid Visions. Encore was Escape to the Void (Schizophrenia), Refuse/Resist & Territory (Chaos AD), and Troops of Doom. So I'm on a Sepultura kick this morning.

Sepultura - Bestial Devastation

Sepultura - Morbid Visions

Sepultura - Beneath The Remains

Sepultura - Arise

Nailbomb - Point Blank

Sounds like a sweet gig.

Also sick as fuck playlist.

3 hours ago, JamesT said:

Glad to hear you're liking the material!  "Sermons of the Sinner" is an album that has gotten nearly constant rotation for me ever since its release in July of 2021.  At that time, touring was just barely starting to come back after the shutdown, and I remember KK saying at the time that they already had enough material for a second album.  They opted to go ahead and release their second album, so they'd have two albums worth of material to play live.  Ripper is one of my favorite metal vocalists in existence, so pairing him up with another former Judas Priest member?  Yes, please!  

Judas Priest is my favorite traditional metal band of all time, so they'll never be topped by KK's Priest by any means.  However, I love what KK is doing and can't wait for the album next Friday!

Very cool that you're seeing Dianno!  Sorry to hear about his physical state of health.  I haven't kept up with him as much in recent years, although as I type this post, I'm sitting here in my Iron Maiden t-shirt.  I'm planning to crank "Dance of Death" today.

The new KK is on Bandcamp:

The Sinner Rides Again | KK Downing / KK's Priest (bandcamp.com)

I hadn't heard anyone say "Ripper is one of my favorite metal vocalists in existence" before. I like the guy, but he's a bit one dimensional in his delivery. However, he is in great shape at the moment. I presume he stopped drinking that Monster Energy drink shit.

Priest is the Ritchie show now. His solos and writing style are so prevalent on the last two records that there is not much left of the original DNA. And most here would say Priest haven't done anything great since 1984. As infuriating as that sounds, it is probably accurate.

Of the latter day Maiden albums I always liked A Matter of Life and Death, although I did enjoy Senjitsu today.