What's on your mind?

Apoc

I have Chateau Requiem to myself as the family's down the beach house, so I'm partying like it's 1996. 

As luck would have it I left my brand new Macbook Air at the bloody beach house, so here I am typing on my wife's ancient Windows based work laptop. It's clunkier than cowbell on a hair metal album and weighs about as much as a 1970 Toni Iommi riff. It's taken me 20 minutes to figure out all the buttons. I think it was released sometime between the light bulb and black and white TV. It's so old the keys are Egyptian hieroglyphs. I could go on....

3 hours ago, Requiem said:

I have Chateau Requiem to myself as the family's down the beach house, so I'm partying like it's 1996. 

As luck would have it I left my brand new Macbook Air at the bloody beach house, so here I am typing on my wife's ancient Windows based work laptop. It's clunkier than cowbell on a hair metal album and weighs about as much as a 1970 Toni Iommi riff. It's taken me 20 minutes to figure out all the buttons. I think it was released sometime between the light bulb and black and white TV. It's so old the keys are Egyptian hieroglyphs. I could go on....

And in another 50 years, it'll probably still power up, and the parts of that MacBook that aren't in a landfill will be soda bottles and shopping bags. :D

On 1/2/2017 at 3:11 PM, ProfessorThrashman said:

Well it did well to last from 50 years ago, so I'm sure the next 50 won't be a huge issue for this brick. 

Just let me ask you this. As a Windows user, have you ever used a Mac for an extended period of time? 

16 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

36 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Well it did well to last from 50 years ago, so I'm sure the next 50 won't be a huge issue for this brick. 

Just let me ask you this. As a Windows user, have you ever used a Mac for an extended period of time? 

Not since college, but yes, I had to for several classes. I found the adjustment to be annoying, but not insurmountable. Windows machines were more affordable, customizable, and upgradeable when I was first in the market, and now of course I'm invested in and much more familiar with the OS and other software.

20 minutes ago, GrayscaleDawn said:

Ughh starting to reach an age where rock´n roll style partying gets too damn heavy.. kinda today is the first day i feel somewhat normal after new years partying. :/

I hear that, my wife and I had a few glasses of wine and stayed up late watching a movie and it took me a couple of days to start feeling alright again. Let's hear it for clean living...

3 hours ago, jfk36 said:

Just been one of those days, fell head first down a slope, while walking the dog, onto some broken glass, chicks dig scars right? :P

They dig flat footed dog walkers who fall over their own instep more!  I was always upright during my dog walking years and I was bereft of female company as a result.

20 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

They dig flat footed dog walkers who fall over their own instep more!  I was always upright during my dog walking years and I was bereft of female company as a result.

Was it cat ownership or excessive drinking that finally helped you turn the corner? :D

13 minutes ago, deathstorm said:

I went to the doctor todayit turns I have a upper respiratory infection aka bad cold 

Damn dude, sounds nasty, feel better.

Iiiii'mmmmmm baaaaaaaack.

So here's the run down on that little vacation I took: evacuation 1am first night, almost in a bus accident 2nd day, ride broke down twice while in line, punched in the face by kid brother, almost hit by a truck running red light, stung by jellyfish, stuck on 3 hour flight surrounded by screaming kids.

Oh and walk in door to filthy house, no food, and no power.

On 5/17/2016 at 7:27 PM, mindy6158 said:

.  Turns out I ended this semester with a 3.7 GPA and will receive my masters degree the end of July=) 

I know how hard you have to bust your butt for that kind of GPA. By the end there is only potential for it drop unless you do perfect. My audio degree was 3.95 one lousy A-. My business Bachelors 3.6, and did some of the bible belt professors in TN really treat me like a monkey trial heretic.

Anyhow how did you do? Did you get to finish after all the hard work? Did you escape the mistake by the lake?

3 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

So here's the run down on that little vacation I took: evacuation 1am first night, almost in a bus accident 2nd day, ride broke down twice while in line, punched in the face by kid brother, almost hit by a truck running red light, stung by jellyfish, stuck on 3 hour flight surrounded by screaming kids.

where was the vacation, Hades? or a religous convention?

On 1/3/2017 at 10:26 AM, GrayscaleDawn said:

Ughh starting to reach an age where rock´n roll style partying gets too damn heavy.. kinda today is the first day i feel somewhat normal after new years partying. :/

Like Bands,Wives and girlfriends performance is better if practice occurs more than twice a week.

We cant party that often, but we should practice quite regular.

4 hours ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Damn josh tough vacation glad you're back