What's on your mind?

Apoc

11 hours ago, Requiem said:

My eldest daughter starts primary (elementary) school at the beginning of Feb which we're all very excited/nervous about. She's been going to day care two days a week since she was about a year old, and she went to kindergarten (preschool) two days a week last year, so we're expecting it to be ok. It's just madness, though, seeing her in her school uniform (which she loves and has worn to their orientation days etc). Going to school - I can't believe it. 

All our babies are growing up! *sniff*

Good luck to her! Glad she's into it... We literally had to drag my son in the door kicking and screaming this morning. I'll find out how the rest of the day went in about an hour. 

43 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Good luck to her! Glad she's into it... We literally had to drag my son in the door kicking and screaming this morning. I'll find out how the rest of the day went in about an hour. 

What was he like at drop-off? I always found this the hardest part...particularly early. They tend to settle pretty quickly after you leave....sometimes William would be crying as we left and then within 5 minutes we would get a pic of him sent to us laughing and playing with other kids...always made us feel a lot better knowing he was soon running around playing and having a good time.

53 minutes ago, True Belief said:

What was he like at drop-off? I always found this the hardest part...particularly early. They tend to settle pretty quickly after you leave....sometimes William would be crying as we left and then within 5 minutes we would get a pic of him sent to us laughing and playing with other kids...always made us feel a lot better knowing he was soon running around playing and having a good time.

We had to drag him in there and he was crying and flailing around and trying to run away. The teacher had to pull him away from the door and into the classroom, and apparently he made a break for it after we left. But then they said he calmed down and had a good time all day. Just got him home. He's telling me all about opposites. My own day went by in a blur...

53 minutes ago, True Belief said:  

We had to drag him in there and he was crying and flailing around and trying to run away. The teacher had to pull him away from the door and into the classroom, and apparently he made a break for it after we left. But then they said he calmed down and had a good time all day. Just got him home. He's telling me all about opposites. My own day went by in a blur...

Day 1 down...... Day 2 tomorrow.....

Do you feel a little better based on how he's been since you picked him up and how he's describing his first day?

26 minutes ago, deathstorm said:

That's good alabaster I was thinking how the your sons first day went at least he didn't walk out of class 

Well, he tried to, but yeah...

20 minutes ago, True Belief said:

Day 1 down...... Day 2 tomorrow.....

Do you feel a little better based on how he's been since you picked him up and how he's describing his first day?

Yes, I do, thanks! It was a relief seeing him happy there at the end of the day, and I feel a bit more relaxed for having the time to myself. He'll be going back on Thursday, and they're going to start swimming lessons.

26 minutes ago, deathstorm said: That's good alabaster I was thinking how the your sons first day went at least he didn't walk out of class 

Well, he tried to, but yeah...

20 minutes ago, True Belief said: Day 1 down...... Day 2 tomorrow.....

Yes, I do, thanks! It was a relief seeing him happy there at the end of the day, and I feel a bit more relaxed for having the time to myself. He'll be going back on Thursday, and they're going to start swimming lessons.

Ah that's good. It's not easy I know, will take time. He'll be fine....hope you will be too [emoji51]

Guess who's off to LA in late Feb/early March? If you guessed me sorry wrong answer. My brother on the other hand has been picked to represent Australia at track World Titles being held there this year during that time. If I can put the funds together I will try to go and watch him/see a bit of the US.

Who would have thought a half hour timezone difference would so thoroughly fuck my sleep schedule? Seriously since being back in Adelaide I have not been able to fall asleep until well after midnight. Compare with Brisbane where I was crashing by 10pm. In both cases four hours after the sun has said bye-bye for the day.

6 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Time to get another copy of Dark Medieval Times... My original has developed little pinholes and won't play all the way through anymore. I'm not much of a CD collector these days, but I've had that for about 20 years, dammit!

Damn that sounds annoying, it´s actually emotionally crushing to find a fault in something that has served you for so many years. :(  CD:s aren´t quite the format to last forever i suppose, used or not.. just wondering if part of the original genious was to make them so damn fragile that people would have to buy their favourite albums again and again. :D Shame that i sold my oldest CD some years ago. It was a Shark Records released version of Sepulturas Schizophrenia that was released in `88 exclusively in germany i think, would be interesting to see how it lasted, since i have the remaster that i actually listen and let the other just stay in it´s case. 

5 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

This sucks!

Yes indeed, it sure does... Even worse is that it's one of the few CDs I never ripped or acquired in another format. I am currently Dark Medieval Times-less. :(

1 hour ago, GrayscaleDawn said:

Damn that sounds annoying, it´s actually emotionally crushing to find a fault in something that has served you for so many years. :(  CD:s aren´t quite the format to last forever i suppose, used or not.. just wondering if part of the original genious was to make them so damn fragile that people would have to buy their favourite albums again and again. :D Shame that i sold my oldest CD some years ago. It was a Shark Records released version of Sepulturas Schizophrenia that was released in `88 exclusively in germany i think, would be interesting to see how it lasted, since i have the remaster that i actually listen and let the other just stay in it´s case. 

It is somewhere between annoying and crushing. I don't usually care too much about having first editions, but it's an original Moonfog 001 that I bought the first time around, and it was cool to have. I even somehow kept it in decent condition, with no bad scratches. Looks like a little bit of damage to the top layer. I suppose I'm stuck listening to "The Shadowthrone" for a while! :D And yeah, I also wonder about "planned obsolescence" and regret selling all of my original Sepultura CDs, a dumb teenage impulse. Fuckety fuck. Oh well. 

So the opportunity has arisen that I have been waiting for to go and work in Europe.  Unfortunately the job is dull as fuck (although well paid - a lot better paid) and I would inevitably be unhappy.  However, the prospect of visiting Denmark, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden and Macedonia is still very appealing although it is not likely to be a weekly thing and I could end up doing the dull work in the UK still the majority of the time.

Mulling over whether to apply or not over the weekend and will then make a decision on Monday.

3 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

So the opportunity has arisen that I have been waiting for to go and work in Europe.  Unfortunately the job is dull as fuck (although well paid - a lot better paid) and I would inevitably be unhappy.  However, the prospect of visiting Denmark, Germany, Spain, France, Sweden and Macedonia is still very appealing although it is not likely to be a weekly thing and I could end up doing the dull work in the UK still the majority of the time.

Mulling over whether to apply or not over the weekend and will then make a decision on Monday.

Unhappiness is inevitable anyway, and money is good to have. But I thought the reason you changed positions a while ago was to be able to spend more time with your father?

31 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Unhappiness is inevitable anyway, and money is good to have. But I thought the reason you changed positions a while ago was to be able to spend more time with your father?

Technically I still can, as my visits overseas would be in the main one day affairs with the occasional overnight , whereas before I was away on projects for weeks at a time.  I am not in agreement about the inevitability of unhappiness though, I don't like getting out of bed any day of the week but I do enjoy going to work currently.

41 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

Technically I still can, as my visits overseas would be in the main one day affairs with the occasional overnight , whereas before I was away on projects for weeks at a time.  I am not in agreement about the inevitability of unhappiness though, I don't like getting out of bed any day of the week but I do enjoy going to work currently.

Ah, found a spot to bury the troublesome manager then? :D Is it the kind of job you could take for a while to help set you up to buy a house, that kind of thing? I recall you saying that you needed a permanent position last time you changed. Europe sounds fun, though... Good luck in any case.

25 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Ah, found a spot to bury the troublesome manager then? :D Is it the kind of job you could take for a while to help set you up to buy a house, that kind of thing? I recall you saying that you needed a permanent position last time you changed. Europe sounds fun, though... Good luck in any case.

It is a possibility but the only way we'd get that kind of cash is through inheritance being realistic, even then the fucking government tax you!