deathstorm

Most anticipated albums of 2018

8 hours ago, Thrashman said:

The new Evoken album would have to be top of my list.

Oh man, I'll keep an eye out for that. Apparently Augury will be releasing something, very excited for that.

Hey this one should be up Dave’s alley Phil Campbell is releasing a solo album sometime in 2018 through nuclear blast  and new band bleeding gods is releasing a a album through nuclear blast and nuclear blast is reissuing some testament albums on January 26th

Loudness Saxon  and ministry all have records coming out in 2018

Orphaned land has a new cd coming out in January 2018 through century media records @RelentlessOblivion Should check that out

@Natassja7 watain has a new album coming out in 2018 tridal wolf eclipse due out on century media records  oceans of slumber has a new record coming out in 2018 trough century media records @Iceni have you heard of them there progressive metal band 

Tool looks to put out of an album in 2018

Rammstein is going put a record in 2018 

Chthonic is going to have new album in 2018

The crown announced a new album titled cobra spitting Vemon  will be out some time in 2018 through metal blade records

Let’s hope it’s significantly better than their ‘comeback’ album which was dreadful. I really dug this band early on.
Fuck yes. Crown of Thorns was killer melodic death metal, and I loved when they went to their rocking death/thrash formula after the name change, especially on Deathrace King. They were a class act, but I was skeptical of their return and never checked it out.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Fuck yes. Crown of Thorns was killer melodic death metal, and I loved when they went to their rocking death/thrash formula after the name change, especially on Deathrace King. They were a class act, but I was skeptical of their return and never checked it out.

Deathrace King is awesomely enjoyable. Total Satan & Blitzkrieg Witchcraft get frequent spins out my way.

Deathrace King is awesomely enjoyable. Total Satan & Blitzkrieg Witchcraft get frequent spins out my way.
My favorite might be Devil Gate Ride, but the whole album is sick. I wish they would have kept it up, the albums they did after were good, but nowhere near as energetic and fun.

Here's an upcoming release that will probably appeal to @deathstorm: Xenosis - Devour And Birth, new-school prog/tech DM from Connecticut. Releases next week.  https://xenosis.bandcamp.com/album/devour-and-birth

And Hooded Menace coming up a week after that. I dig the promo tracks: https://hoodedmenace.bandcamp.com/

24 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Here's an upcoming release that will probably appeal to @deathstorm: Xenosis - Devour And Birth, new-school prog/tech DM from Connecticut. Releases next week.  https://xenosis.bandcamp.com/album/devour-and-birth

And Hooded Menace coming up a week after that. I dig the promo tracks: https://hoodedmenace.bandcamp.com/

I am checking xenosis out right  now I like it a lot will check out hooded menance  too thanks @FatherAlabaster For the recommendation and thinking of me 

Skin lab has new record coming out in 2018 called occult 

Nightwish is coming out with a greatest hits record called decades best of 1996-2016  in March of 2018

Amaranthe is coming out with new record in 2018  children of bodom has a new record coming out in 2018

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join Metal Forum

joinus-home.jpg

• Our picks

• https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/52-vltimas-something-wicked-marches-in/
      • Reputation Points

• 2 replies
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/50-queensryche-the-verdict/
      • Reputation Points

• 0 replies

• https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/48-candlemass-the-door-to-doom/
      • Reputation Points

• 1 reply
    • Full length number 19 from overkill certainly makes a splash in the energy stakes, I mean there's some modern thrash bands that are a good two decades younger than Overkill who can only hope to achieve the levels of spunk that New Jersey's finest produce here.  That in itself is an achievement, for a band of Overkill's stature and reputation to be able to still sound relevant four decades into their career is no mean feat.  Even in the albums weaker moments it never gets redundant and the energy levels remain high.  There's a real sense of a band in a state of some renewed vigour, helped in no small part by the addition of Jason Bittner on drums.  The former Flotsam & Jetsam skinsman is nothing short of superb throughout "The Wings of War" and seems to have squeezed a little extra out of the rest of his peers.

The album kicks of with a great build to opening track "Last Man Standing" and for the first 4 tracks of the album the Overkill crew stomp, bash and groove their way to a solid level of consistency.  The lead work is of particular note and Blitz sounds as sneery and scathing as ever.  The album is well produced and mixed too with all parts of the thrash machine audible as the five piece hammer away at your skull with the usual blend of chugging riffs and infectious anthems.  

There are weak moments as mentioned but they are more a victim of how good the strong tracks are.  In it's own right "Distortion" is a solid enough - if not slightly varied a journey from the last offering - but it just doesn't stand up well against a "Bat Shit Crazy" or a "Head of a Pin".  As the album draws to a close you get the increasing impression that the last few tracks are rescued really by some great solos and stomping skin work which is a shame because trimming of a couple of tracks may have made this less obvious. 

4/5
      • Reputation Points

• 3 replies
    • It is fair to say that the Greek stalwarts of the Black Metal scene now have a sound that rarely ventures into the territory so well tread on "Thy Mighty Contract" and "Non Serviam" but it is also fair to say that "The Heretics" sounds from start to finish like a band who firmly stamp themselves on the metal map for 2019.  What album number thirteen from Rotting Christ does is take a measured approach to variation and repetition to build a memorable and lasting experience.

The sound itself goes from dark and brooding metal and hard rock to almost Gothic metal proportions.  Yet at the same time that familiar melodic warmth remains in situ throughout.  More often than not there's that big soaring melodic riff riding the vocals like a surfer with his board.  "The Voice of the Universe" does this superbly as does "The Sons of Hell".  The overall feel the record as a whole leaves me with is one of ritualistic allure, tracks like "Hallowed Be Thy Name" and "Fire God and Fear" build well like powerful incantations being cited from voluminous tomes, flooding forwards intermittently with flowing dark melodies.

It does remind me a lot of Behemoth ("The Satanist" Behemoth, not last years pompous bollocks Behemoth), with the theme of religion so heavily referenced but at the same time it feels like a much more cohesive effort than recent Behemoth keeping a level of consistency and restraint to the songwriting which holds the attention well.  Only once does the album visit anything like Black Metal on "I Believe", here they base a poem by Nikolaos Kazantzakis at the centre of the chaotic and frantic pace and sadly it fails miserably on my ears, coming across as just filler.  My only other criticism is that it does get a bit samey in places (namely the intros to each track).  Otherwise it is a perfectly respectable piece of dark metal.  C'mon, we can't this black metal anymore folks.

3/5
      • Reputation Points

• 0 replies