Jump to content

Potential New Metal Forum Logo  

8 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What do you guys think of the attached as a new logo?

    • Love it
      2
    • Rate it
      2
    • meh
      4
    • Slate it
      0
    • Hate it
      0


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Sisa Belial said:

It should pick up after xmas when we start putting gig pictures up. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking and I'm wasting my time lol. Either way I'm not going anywhere, I like it here. And thanks, I don't get told often that it's nice to have me around. You'll soon change your mind when you find out how impossible I can be. ;)

T-shirts are a great idea though, what price range would they be?

The price of the t-shirts will be alright I guess. But the shipping costs from the USA are just too high, even for a t-shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'd need to see how many people want them first. The guy I know here does short runs, but has a 24 shirt minimum. The run will cost us about $180, then international shipping, plan on that being between $10-20 including packaging, depending on location. If we get two dozen takers, we're looking at an average of $22 per shirt. 

Actually, lemme refigure that since at least half of our regulars are domestic here. I'd suggest we just average it out so everyone who's ordering pays the same. Once we know who's interested, we can figure out a total, it may be a bit less than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GorboGorboze said:

MIA stands for Missing in Action, when a soldier is missing and it is unknown if he has been killed or taken prisoner.

Logo_2013.jpg

This banner is kind of a big deal in the States, you see it all over, and relates to the war in Vietnam.

Were you attempting to post this in a different conversation, and if so, do you want me to move it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GorboGorboze said: MIA stands for Missing in Action, when a soldier is missing and it is unknown if he has been killed or taken prisoner.

Logo_2013.jpg

This banner is kind of a big deal in the States, you see it all over, and relates to the war in Vietnam.

Were you attempting to post this in a different conversation, and if so, do you want me to move it? 

No, Sisa had asked what MIA meant in response to my comment about Cody.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a logo and branding designer myself, I have to say that the initial proposal doesn't do it for me. The thumb on the \m/ reads as a "J" when it's small, looks like Juletal Forum.

I am much more in liking of Father's logo as metal, but scrap the diamond plate texture - it's too much. White on black is good, if you wanted to do a fancy texture for the forums I'd stick to brushed metal or rusted metal, something less... diamond platey.

Excellent work FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want a tshirt too please. I have a friend in America it can be send to and he can post it along with other items for people here so don't worry about international shipping costs. After xmas I hope though because I am financially embarrassed until the new year... 

Thank you for explaining MIA to me GorboGorboza, I feel a bit stupid I didn't know but I have never been to the states, let alone live there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/12/2015, 20:38:10, FatherAlabaster said:

Ok, here's my idea for a more "metal" version of the logo. I kept it fairly clean, though I could see it with more spikes or weathering, too. I have a plain version and one with a metal texture. Once the letter forms are in place, it's easy to apply any kind of texture, lighting, or outline to the logo. What do you think? Worth working on?

MFlogo1%20plain%20small.jpg

MFlogo1%20metal%20small.jpg

I REAALLY like it. The only thing is I need to reach a wide audience which is why the logo has to be very simple. By zooming out quite far it's hard to make it out. I've put a project out to tender for Metal Forum to get a huge collection of official Metal Merch for sale on here. Then, we'll do a MF range and FA, if you're up for helping me design some tees and other merch for that I would be most grateful and give you a commission on the sales etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, dilatedmind said:

I REAALLY like it. The only thing is I need to reach a wide audience which is why the logo has to be very simple. By zooming out quite far it's hard to make it out. I've put a project out to tender for Metal Forum to get a huge collection of official Metal Merch for sale on here. Then, we'll do a MF range and FA, if you're up for helping me design some tees and other merch for that I would be most grateful and give you a commission on the sales etc.

Very cool, understood. Perhaps I could modify it a bit. How small does it need to be while retaining legibility? Happy to talk about logo and merch design further via PM or FB if you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2015 at 7:46 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

Very cool, understood. Perhaps I could modify it a bit. How small does it need to be while retaining legibility? Happy to talk about logo and merch design further via PM or FB if you like.

How would do you see it working on one line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/12/2015 at 8:38 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

Ok, here's my idea for a more "metal" version of the logo. I kept it fairly clean, though I could see it with more spikes or weathering, too. I have a plain version and one with a metal texture. Once the letter forms are in place, it's easy to apply any kind of texture, lighting, or outline to the logo. What do you think? Worth working on?

MFlogo1%20plain%20small.jpg

MFlogo1%20metal%20small.jpg

I think some t-shirts with this would be good. I'll try and organise it with you. I want Metal Forum to appeal to some investors though so a more broad reaching corporate brand would help with that. I had that design work done a couple of years ago now... I think it's time for another push soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2015 at 9:38 PM, FatherAlabaster said:

Ok, here's my idea for a more "metal" version of the logo. I kept it fairly clean, though I could see it with more spikes or weathering, too. I have a plain version and one with a metal texture. Once the letter forms are in place, it's easy to apply any kind of texture, lighting, or outline to the logo. What do you think? Worth working on?

MFlogo1%20plain%20small.jpg

MFlogo1%20metal%20small.jpg

The bottom one is...AMAZING! If I wore t-shirts...which I don't...but if I did, then I would have stolen that logo by now and rushed down to the print shop :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

The bottom one is...AMAZING! If I wore t-shirts...which I don't...but if I did, then I would have stolen that logo by now and rushed down to the print shop :)

What would you wear - hoodie? Lounge pants? Corset? If we're gonna do this, we should do it right. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Join Metal Forum

    joinus-home.jpg

  • Our picks

    • Whichever tier of thrash metal you consigned Sacred Reich back in the 80's/90's they still had their moments.  "Ignorance" & "Surf Nicaragura" did a great job of establishing the band, whereas "The American Way" just got a little to comfortable and accessible (the title track grates nowadays) for my ears.  A couple more records better left forgotten about and then nothing for twenty three years.  2019 alone has now seen three releases from Phil Rind and co.  A live EP, a split EP with Iron Reagan and now a full length.

      Notable addition to the ranks for the current throng of releases is former Machine Head sticksman, Dave McClean.  Love or hate Machine Head, McClean is a more than capable drummer and his presence here is felt from the off with the opening and title track kicking things off with some real gusto.  'Divide & Conquer' and 'Salvation' muddle along nicely, never quite reaching any quality that would make my balls tingle but comfortable enough.  The looming build to 'Manifest Reality' delivers a real punch when the song starts proper.  Frenzied riffs and drums with shots of lead work to hold the interest.


      There's a problem already though (I know, I am such a fucking mood hoover).  I don't like Phil's vocals.  I never had if I am being honest.  The aggression to them seems a little forced even when they are at their best on tracks like 'Manifest Reality'.  When he tries to sing it just feels weak though ('Salvation') and tracks lose real punch.  Give him a riffy number such as 'Killing Machine' and he is fine with the Reich engine (probably a poor choice of phrase) up in sixth gear.  For every thrashy riff there's a fair share of rock edged, local bar act rhythm aplenty too.

      Let's not poo-poo proceedings though, because overall I actually enjoy "Awakening".  It is stacked full of catchy riffs that are sticky on the old ears.  Whilst not as raw as perhaps the - brilliant - artwork suggests with its black and white, tattoo flash sheet style design it is enjoyable enough.  Yes, 'Death Valley' & 'Something to Believe' have no place here, saved only by Arnett and Radziwill's lead work but 'Revolution' is a fucking 80's thrash heyday throwback to the extent that if you turn the TV on during it you might catch a new episode of Cheers!

      3/5
      • Reputation Points

      • 0 replies
    • I
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/52-vltimas-something-wicked-marches-in/
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/50-queensryche-the-verdict/
      • Reputation Points

      • 0 replies

    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/48-candlemass-the-door-to-doom/
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
×