Opinions on Smoking (and my View)

I am a dirty smoker, I do not smoke around people as I am alone alot of the time, but even socially not many people I know still smoke due to the high cost here, However I do not wish to give up, I may do someday when I get tired of it (as many friends have) or when the cost is too great (my govt are talking $100 per pack) There are many options here to help you give up, But That is not for me, I could not feign trying as I like to live my life as I please - as long as it does not immediately effect the people around me.

• 2 weeks later...
:D mmmmkay :) Here the prohibition to smoke in bars&restaurants came a year ago I think, it was disgusting before as people would smoke right above your food. The plan of the new government is to cancel the prohibition. Normally I hear that they support the prohibition in restaurants, but not in bars, clubs etc. But if I'm in a bar, people smoke in it and ventilation is bad usually there's a point where I start crying and cannot stop because of the smoke. I feel a bit as if I'm roasting peppers on the balcony (an autumn activity which I spend with tears leaking constantly from my eyes ).

• 4 weeks later...

I've only been smoking for that past 6 years and I'm starting to cough up blood. I've had to grandmas. a grandpa and a uncle who died from smoking related diseases, two of them I saw die first hand and it was not something I wish to experience again. However I still continue to smoke as I believe we must all die eventually and I figure well shit it's not like I plan on living till I'm 80. I am only 21 though so I doubt I will continue to think this way as I get older and maybe one day I will quit. I just think that right now it helps me, not physically but mentally like a placebo. I'mm not advocating smoking all I'm saying is that if you feel that you should smoke then by al means go ahead and smoke if not then don't, it is completely up to you. Just remember to take full responsibility for any and all diseases and illnesses contracted from smoking. You mad the choice not anyone else.

Re: Opinions on Smoking (and my View)

I've only been smoking for that past 6 years and I'm starting to cough up blood. I've had to grandmas. a grandpa and a uncle who died from smoking related diseases' date=' two of them I saw die first hand and it was not something I wish to experience again. However I still continue to smoke as I believe we must all die eventually and I figure well shit it's not like I plan on living till I'm 80. I am only 21 though so I doubt I will continue to think this way as I get older and maybe one day I will quit. I just think that right now it helps me, not physically but mentally like a placebo. I'mm not advocating smoking all I'm saying is that if you feel that you should smoke then by al means go ahead and smoke if not then don't, it is completely up to you. Just remember to take full responsibility for any and all diseases and illnesses contracted from smoking. You mad the choice not anyone else.[/quote'] If you smoked in moderation and had a better diet and exercise regimen, you probably wouldn't be having medical issues. One third of Japanese men smoke, but many don't exceed one pack per day and have a much better diet than we do, and they have less than half the rate of heart and lung disease that we do. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

If you smoked in moderation and had a better diet and exercise regimen, you probably wouldn't be having medical issues. One third of Japanese men smoke, but many don't exceed one pack per day and have a much better diet than we do, and they have less than half the rate of heart and lung disease that we do. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Well of course I would be if I exercised properly but I'm not gonna lie I'm a lazy fuck. When I get home from college and after I do my homework the last thing I wanna do is more work. As for the smoking I generally smoke out of boredom, I live in a desert I shit you not so there is really nothing to do out here. This at least for me causes massive boredom so I just sit my garage and watch the world while I smoke which sometimes can be for a few hours.

It's funny how people who have never smoked a day in their life die but people who smoke for 60 years don't. It's almost like it preserves you. lol
No, it's just not that big of a deal. Combined with other factors it certainly can be, smokers that have problems tend to not take care of themselves in many regards. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I confess that I´ve been commiting a slow suicide with cigarettes for almos 18 years no. Tried to quit two times last year and I WILL quit. My reasons for starting to smoke were utterly stupid. I thought it looked cool when guys in AC/DC and Motörhead smoked. Especially Lemmy. True story! Then, it got hold of me and here we are, almost 20 years and god knows how many euros burnt in the air! I got kids, and I never smoke around them, nor anyone else. They don´t deserve it. Last time i tried to quit I told it to my doctor and he said it´s the wisest thing a man can ever do, concerning his health. Besides, I don´t want to support these faceless, remorseless companies that kill the Earth and millions of people, legally. There - many reasons to quit ehh? ;)

Doing vocals actually helped me quit cigarettes about ten years ago. Every time I wanted one, I'd remind myself that I had practice or a show coming up. I still have a cigar or smoke a pipe on occasion, but I can definitely feel the effects in my vocals for the next few days. Health in itself was never a good enough reason for me, I'm sorry to say.

Doing vocals actually helped me quit cigarettes about ten years ago. Every time I wanted one' date=' I'd remind myself that I had practice or a show coming up. I still have a cigar or smoke a pipe on occasion, but I can definitely feel the effects in my vocals for the next few days. Health in itself was never a good enough reason for me, I'm sorry to say.[/quote'] That was how I quit drinking soda. I know it's bad for me, but unless I have vocals to worry about, I usually say fuck it.

I am all about freedom. If somebody wants to smoke' date=' let them smoke. It doesn't affect you. I'm not a smoker anymore but I will fight tooth and nail for their rights.[/quote'] It does affect me if I have to pay higher health insurance premiums when smokers are irresponsible of their finances and can't pay their doctor bills. Their diet and their doctors are just as much of a problem (if not more), but with freedom comes responsibility, and responsibility means not making others share your burden. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2