What's on your mind?

Apoc

29 minutes ago, Requiem said:

In other news, is this forum even deader (if that's not an oxymoron) now than it used to be? Where is everyone? 

I've been busy with my own music and art, and taking care of my kid; I'm also sick for the fifth or sixth time since January and I feel pretty fucking drained, so I don't have a lot to add. It's not super duper dead though. We've recovered from worse.

4 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I've been busy with my own music and art, and taking care of my kid; I'm also sick for the fifth or sixth time since January and I feel pretty fucking drained, so I don't have a lot to add. It's not super duper dead though. We've recovered from worse.

You're alive and kicking when it comes to this place. I was meaning more a lot of the others I haven't seen in a while.

Sorry to hear you keep getting sick! 

21 minutes ago, Requiem said:

You're alive and kicking when it comes to this place. I was meaning more a lot of the others I haven't seen in a while.

Sorry to hear you keep getting sick! 

Me too, dammit. My son keeps on bringing new colds home from preschool every other week. It's a bummer. But! I'm well enough to be out at a show tonight, first time in months. Nice to get pummeled by sound waves.

3 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Me too, dammit. My son keeps on bringing new colds home from preschool every other week. It's a bummer. But! I'm well enough to be out at a show tonight, first time in months. Nice to get pummeled by sound waves.

Who are you seeing?

3 hours ago, True Belief said:

Wife has gone for work to South Australia for 2 nights, so Im looking after the boy on my own.  Oh yes...there will be Queensryche.

Oh man if I wasn't hosting the clan this weekend I'd be over there!! There are 8 of us in the house at the moment... 

13 hours ago, Requiem said:

In other news, is this forum even deader (if that's not an oxymoron) now than it used to be? Where is everyone? 

This is the reality of not just here but most such places on the web nowadays.  Like some widely dispersed pockets of humanity in some post-social media world a few groups of resilient survivors continue the struggle in threads and topics, welcoming occasional new comers who sadly often drift on in search of some magical "discussion utopia" elsewhere. Many have fallen in our now unrecognisable world and we mourn their loss but sit often and remember the good times.

8 minutes ago, MacabreEternal said:

This is the reality of not just here but most such places on the web nowadays.  Like some widely dispersed pockets of humanity in some post-social media world a few groups of resilient survivors continue the struggle in threads and topics, welcoming occasional new comers who sadly often drift on in search of some magical "discussion utopia" elsewhere. Many have fallen in our now unrecognisable world and we mourn their loss but sit often and remember the good times.

It's truly a strange phenomenon. I used to post on forums all the time back around 2001-2007. I was a moderator at blackmetal.co.uk which was a really cool site for a few years, but then moved like most people to social media. When I look at facebook and twitter now it actually turns my stomach. How can people be so satisfied with so little substance? How can twitter exist? 

What a mistake social media proved to be - for me personally and for society at large. Forums are so superior. We are indeed survivors, small pockets of True Belie(f)vers. 

Just now, Will said:

If I count as one of the others, Uni has been keeping me really busy, I've had very little spare time.

Too busy out at Barwon markets getting great deals on obscure metal CDs, more like. 

And yes, you were one of the people I was thinking of. 

10 hours ago, Requiem said:

Who are you seeing?

Replacire and Barishi co-headlined. Very different vibes, but awesome musicianship from both bands, especially the guitarists. It was also nice to see Scaphism - I go back a ways with their vocalist, haven't seen him perform in over ten years. He still sounds great. I was up too late, kinda running on empty today, but I'm glad I went.

16 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Just auditioned a new bass player and it went pretty well. Nevertanezra May have a full lineup again.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Awesome news. It must feel great to get back to playing again.

Im starting a new job on Friday. Similar responsibilities as the last in that I will support Australia, NZ, SE Asia and China but hopefully less travel.

Anyway, I went for a pre-employment medical....within 1 minute of handing my um 'sample' to the nurse she says to me - "you've tested positive to meth amphetamines". Naturally my astonished, disbelieving response to her is "you're taking the piss??" (no pun intended lol). Apparently nope, it was a 'positive' result and they'd need to send it off to a lab to get it further tested. So I rang the guy (my new employer) and told him. And he laughed.  Yep, thought that was quite funny. Anyway long story short I'd been taking some tablets from the pharmacy which contained Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride and it had naturally shown up in the sample. Lucky I declared it before the test. No big deal in the end...I was sweating a little bit for a while though...My dad (worlds biggest smart-ass) sent me some email links to drug rehab clinics over the weekend. Very funny.....

14 hours ago, Will said:

If I count as one of the others, Uni has been keeping me really busy. I've had very little spare time.

Too busy chasing skirt across the Campus more like it....

3 hours ago, True Belief said:

Im starting a new job on Friday. Similar responsibilities as the last in that I will support Australia, NZ, SE Asia and China but hopefully less travel.

Anyway, I went for a pre-employment medical....within 1 minute of handing my um 'sample' to the nurse she says to me - "you've tested positive to meth amphetamines". Naturally my astonished, disbelieving response to her is "you're taking the piss??" (no pun intended lol). Apparently nope, it was a 'positive' result and they'd need to send it off to a lab to get it further tested. So I rang the guy (my new employer) and told him. And he laughed.  Yep, thought that was quite funny. Anyway long story short I'd been taking some tablets from the pharmacy which contained Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride and it had naturally shown up in the sample. Lucky I declared it before the test. No big deal in the end...I was sweating a little bit for a while though...My dad (worlds biggest smart-ass) sent me some email links to drug rehab clinics over the weekend. Very funny.....

Too busy chasing skirt across the Campus more like it....

Very dodgy if you ask me... "I don't understand, officer. It must be some kind of mistake. I did take some panadol earlier...."

^^ so true.

The futility of my explaining to the nurse that it must be some sort of accident dawned on me about 15 seconds in..... the "yeah yeah sure...you have NO idea how these drugs could possibly be in your system" look on her face was priceless. Somehow I reckon every dickhead who goes in there and tests positive pleads the 'not guilty your Honor" defence....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About to go out for dinner with the clan. They're all leaving tomorrow, mercifully.

My childless San Pellegrino drinking sister, her easy going husband (American - you'd get on well with him Alabaster), and my late 60s parents who are used to 20 years of doing their own thing.

Needless to say that our two fairly intense vampiric children of destruction, hell-bent on sinking their fangs in, aren't always going down well...