Never got into Wow, in truth I never got into RPGs as a gaming genre. Obvious exceptions for Skyrim which would be in my top 5 games of all time, Zelda if you'd call that an RPG, and Pokemon (again if you'd consider that an RPG and mostly for nostalgia if I were to play it these days).

• 3 weeks later...

Damn I just played GTA IV PC on 4k This weekend on my friend's house. PC is another level, really, runs so much smoother and the graphics is another thing, it's like a dream...but in the other hand is much more expensive. I'm thinking in buy one just to play GTA IV, because I love this game and the graphics is not that good even on my Xbox One X.

On 9/24/2019 at 4:21 AM, Athame said:

Damn I just played GTA IV PC on 4k This weekend on my friend's house. PC is another level, really, runs so much smoother and the graphics is another thing, it's like a dream...but in the other hand is much more expensive. I'm thinking in buy one just to play GTA IV, because I love this game and the graphics is not that good even on my Xbox One X.

I still love my consoles even though I know PC is far superior, this payday though I am going to get a gaming PC, from Cyberpower.com

Part of me still loves the simplicity of gaming on consoles though, for me at the moment the Switch is untouchable, if we got GTA IV on switch I would instantly pick that up, playin Mario Odyssey non stop at the moment such a fun game.

2 minutes ago, Parker said:

Yes, I've seen videos of several mario hacks. I know a site that sells them in cartridges, but it's rather costly. 

Yeah there are some crazy ones out there, I stick to emulators, especially for hacks, but I'm cheap when it comes to gaming.

42 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Yeah there are some crazy ones out there, I stick to emulators, especially for hacks, but I'm cheap when it comes to gaming.

At least most of the original game cartridges for NES and SNES pretty cheap. I don't do emulators, only clones that I can put real cartridges in. I guess it's a nostalgia thing.  Eventually I'll get one or two of those cartridge mario hacks.

• 4 months later...

Any Resident Evil fans here ? It saddens me that they are literally crushing the franchise right now, these new fans came from fortnite to this all new edition of Resident Evil 2 and they think they have the certified badge to say what the franchise should be... ohhh no I have that certified badge, I've been with this franchise since 1999 when I was 5 years old playing RE2 and I can say for sure that Resident Evil 2 is a lazy game. Take a look at a video by crowbcat called '300 IQ Experiments' if you don't believe me...how can a 2019 modern day video game be finished in 50 mins ? RE4 came out 15 years ago and it's impossible to finish within this time, it brings nothing new to the table its not scary, A and B Scenarios makes no sense. And now we have RE3 which was done in only 1 year but yet no one cares....Nemesis looks lame, Caution tapes around him, for real ? And not only that, no more Mercenaries mode, no timed events which was a very unique feature that no other RE had and added replayability, no multiple endings, no classic soundtrack, the game will be short again they already confirmed the size will be only 21GB and look what I'm saying, this new RE3 will get high scores and everyone will love just like RE2. People nowadays only cares about graphics and presentation. Resident Evil is dead....Sad. 

9 hours ago, Athame said:

Any Resident Evil fans here ? It saddens me that they are literally crushing the franchise right now, these new fans came from fortnite to this all new edition of Resident Evil 2 and they think they have the certified badge to say what the franchise should be... ohhh no I have that certified badge, I've been with this franchise since 1999 when I was 5 years old playing RE2 and I can say for sure that Resident Evil 2 is a lazy game. Take a look at a video by crowbcat called '300 IQ Experiments' if you don't believe me...how can a 2019 modern day video game be finished in 50 mins ? RE4 came out 15 years ago and it's impossible to finish within this time, it brings nothing new to the table its not scary, A and B Scenarios makes no sense. And now we have RE3 which was done in only 1 year but yet no one cares....Nemesis looks lame, Caution tapes around him, for real ? And not only that, no more Mercenaries mode, no timed events which was a very unique feature that no other RE had and added replayability, no multiple endings, no classic soundtrack, the game will be short again they already confirmed the size will be only 21GB and look what I'm saying, this new RE3 will get high scores and everyone will love just like RE2. People nowadays only cares about graphics and presentation. Resident Evil is dead....Sad. 

I was more or less crucified when i mentioned i didn't see the point of playing these remakes MYSELF because theres always emulators with graphical enhancements and they are good enough for me. Apparently, i wasn't allowed to prefer the originals, and was a big criminal for not endorsing the remakes wholeheartedly. ?

That said, not the biggest fan of game series either, but i've had fun with some of them.

19 hours ago, Athame said:

I'm not a die hard fan of Resident Evil, but I have played through 2 and 3 quite a bit since they first came out. That new Nemesis looks mediocre, couldn't believe it the first time I saw it. Doesn't bode well that they messed him up. They should've just stuck with the original and cleaned him up a little, that's a no-brainer. I do like that the remake is using the RE4 camera, but it might compromise the feeling of the original. No Mercenaries mode is lame. And I wonder if you can still make your own ammo. I might play it out of curiosity, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. I already know I'd still prefer the original. Maybe that makes me a "criminal" like Chainsaw :D

On 2/26/2020 at 10:16 AM, ChainsawAkimbo said:

I was more or less crucified when i mentioned i didn't see the point of playing these remakes MYSELF because theres always emulators with graphical enhancements and they are good enough for me. Apparently, i wasn't allowed to prefer the originals, and was a big criminal for not endorsing the remakes wholeheartedly. ?

That said, not the biggest fan of game series either, but i've had fun with some of them.

That's true the emulators does a pretty good job nowadays and I don't blame you for not endorsing the Remakes ?

15 hours ago, Innominate said:

I'm not a die hard fan of Resident Evil, but I have played through 2 and 3 quite a bit since they first came out. That new Nemesis looks mediocre, couldn't believe it the first time I saw it. Doesn't bode well that they messed him up. They should've just stuck with the original and cleaned him up a little, that's a no-brainer. I do like that the remake is using the RE4 camera, but it might compromise the feeling of the original. No Mercenaries mode is lame. And I wonder if you can still make your own ammo. I might play it out of curiosity, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. I already know I'd still prefer the original. Maybe that makes me a "criminal" like Chainsaw :D

Yep they should have stuck with his original look and adapted to our current gen. This is how Remakes should be IMO, keeping everything that made the originals great and polishing/adding new stuff to the game which wasn't the case of RE2 2019. I think the over the shoulder camera like RE4 was a great choice indeed, the fixed cameras is outdated for nowadays. RE2 was supposed to have fixed cameras too like the old titles and I think that would've been fantastic, playing with 2 different perspective would satisfy both new and old players but they scraped that idea for some reason. The problem of this new camera and no door animation is that it makes the game too short, no wonder speedrunners are finishing in only 50 mins Capcom should have compensated for that. The ammo creation will be back again I think, it was a good feature in RE3 and RE2R had something familiar. I might give the game a chance but knowing that the originals still better like you said, but this time I'm not Pre ordering the most expensive edition like I did in RE2, this time I'll wait until the release which is April 3rd and watch some gameplays to see if it's worth the penny or not ?

On 2/27/2020 at 9:17 AM, Athame said:

Yep they should have stuck with his original look and adapted to our current gen. This is how Remakes should be IMO, keeping everything that made the originals great and polishing/adding new stuff to the game which wasn't the case of RE2 2019. I think the over the shoulder camera like RE4 was a great choice indeed, the fixed cameras is outdated for nowadays. RE2 was supposed to have fixed cameras too like the old titles and I think that would've been fantastic, playing with 2 different perspective would satisfy both new and old players but they scraped that idea for some reason. The problem of this new camera and no door animation is that it makes the game too short, no wonder speedrunners are finishing in only 50 mins Capcom should have compensated for that. The ammo creation will be back again I think, it was a good feature in RE3 and RE2R had something familiar. I might give the game a chance but knowing that the originals still better like you said, but this time I'm not Pre ordering the most expensive edition like I did in RE2, this time I'll wait until the release which is April 3rd and watch some gameplays to see if it's worth the penny or not ?

Yeah, the over the shoulder camera was such a big improvement that I don't look for the fixed perspective to come back. I'd say having both would be hard to make work because it makes two different types of gameplay. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the 3 remake. They're saying it'll be more action-oriented compared to the RE2 remake (which I haven't played), and they're focusing on multiplayer now. Either way though, the originals will still exist. Waiting on the gameplay videos is the way to go, I agree :D

• 1 month later...

The lazy millennial devs over soulless Capcom are back at It Again, and now we're getting a Resident Evil 4 "Remake" that should be released sometime in 2022 by the same folks who made this all new edition of Resident Evil 3, they didn't hit that home run with this all new edition of Resident Evil 3, it was a certified blunder so what makes them think they can create a huge game Like Resident Evil 4 again ? Shinji Mikami the director of RE4 2005 was invited to be part of this project and already said no....poor guy his masterpiece is about to be slaughtered, can you imagine how much content is going to be cut like this new edition of RE3 ? They only have a couple of years to put this game together, this is a huge mistake because RE4 is already great and can be played in several plataforms....and then you say, why is this happening ? Well it's pretty obvious... money! Don't let this thing spread folks, speak with your Wallet, the gaming audience nowadays only cares about graphics and presentation and forget about the details, don't support lazy developers guys because the gaming industry is going into s***!!!

12_04_2020_16_32_38.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 8/6/2011 at 8:37 PM, 916kaden said:

what games do you guys like?

Not in any specific order: NFS Most Wanted 2005 (which I recently modded and made the Golf GTI the fastest car in the game), NFS Underground 2, ETS2 v1.36, Hard Truck Apocalypse (also modded by me), NFS 6 (another one I've modded), GTA 2, GTA 5, Saints Row 3, Half Life 2, GRID 2, CarX Drift Racing Online, Twisted Metal 2, Carmageddon 2 this one took me a while to mod it but eventually I did it :)  ), WRC 2, Mad Max, Galaxy On Fire 2 HD, etc.

• 6 months later...

Been playing Diablo 2 in preparation for the remastered version, and man, it's just a phenomenal game. So addicting to play through, and the atmosphere is just exquisite. Went with a Paladin, and just love the vibes overall.

I picked up Diablo 3 as well - it is fun, but in comparison it just utterly pales - it's so much more cartoony and WoW-esque that it just throws that atmosphere from 2 right down the drain. Not a bad game by any means but just nothing near the highs of D2. Lots of really nice ideas, though - transmogrification is a solid one, allowing me to skin a weapon as a sword when I'm using a flail - wouldn't mind that option in D2 as I love the old sword-n-board look.

• 5 months later...

I only really play old games, like the stuff on the NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64. I have a few old school shooters on my PC (which is where all my games are because I use emulators now instead of original hardware) but I haven't played any contemporary games for a while because I can't. I noticed when I had the original Black Ops that watching the camera movement and the realistic look of the game caused me to get nauseous after like twenty to thirty minutes once I turned about 30 years old, so that precludes me from enjoying a lot of new games. I could probably still play cartoony stuff like Dragon Quest, Zelda, Mario, but the realistic looking stuff with the constant camera movement just makes me sick to my stomach.

Like last night? I was playing Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse and then went on to play A Link to the Past. I love video games, always will. I just can't enjoy the new ones for some shitty reason due to my eyes/brain.

• 2 years later...

Hello fellow gaming metalheads :D

As some of you may know, the Winter update for GTA Online dropped today, strangely with rather less-than-usual fanfare from Rockstar, though I suspect they are currently basking in the hoo-ha of the recently released GTA VI trailer.  

You can read about the update here - https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/75k3149ko747ka/gta-online-the-chop-shop-now-available - but, in short, it allows players to purchase a chop shop and steal high-end vehicles which you can either keep, sell or break down for parts and cash. 

One notable part of this release is that players can unlock the ability to purchase law enforcement vehicles - a longstanding wish of seasoned players of the game and also features an assortment of new cars to purchase, along with drift racing, where spinning the tyres and pulling a rubber melting drift will win the day, rather than crossing the finish line first.

I've only just introduced myself to the update and have completed one of the vehicle robberies.  It follows a slightly similar vein to the auto shop jobs, which I call mini-heists.  There are a couple of set-ups and some optional ones to make the vehicle theft easier.  It also features two characters, Liberty City's Yusuf and his cousin, Jamal.  Thankfully these characters are somewhat less grating on the ear than the vehicle workshop's Sessanta and Moodymann.  

My first impression is that, while somewhat consistent with Rockstar's formula of releasing new businesses to buy, is overall positive.  It returns GTA to its roots - car theft and taking down anyone who gets in your way (I'm looking at YOU, Merryweather) and I had fun doing the not too arduous setups and driving the Arena Wars made-over Hellcat.  

To sum up, while I haven't played much of the new update, I am impressed upon my initial try-out and look forward to spending more time playing later this week.  

If you are playing/have played, would be great to hear any thoughts.

I have never really been a fan of the idea of GTA Online - I just don't want to interact with other players as I find gaming a much more personal experience.  Is it possible to just be in online and go about your business like you can in the main game?  I accept that there are a lot more toys to play with as it were in the online option but just am not interested in the co-op option overall.

3 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

I have never really been a fan of the idea of GTA Online - I just don't want to interact with other players as I find gaming a much more personal experience.  Is it possible to just be in online and go about your business like you can in the main game?  I accept that there are a lot more toys to play with as it were in the online option but just am not interested in the co-op option overall.

I'm generally like that too, ME, though I have one mate from Norway I play regularly with and am playing right now, in fact.  But yeah, I don't do interaction with randoms.

In short, yes, in recent times there is a lot more you can do as a solo player in online - Rockstar finally realised that players want the option to play single player stuff in online, too, a few years back.  The stuff I mentioned in my previous post, the chop shop, you can run all of that solo. 

There is also a heist (Cayo Perico) you can do solo, too.  I wouldn't say it's the greatest heist but it's fun enough.  There's also an auto shop you can run missions/mini-heists from as a solo player and since last year, you can now run the CEO business/biker missions and sales in solo/closed sessions, too, which you couldn't previously as they had to be in public sessions.  

If interaction with other players is all you are worried about, then I wouldn't let that stop you as there is plenty to do alone.

Happy to talk you through/offer some guidance if you need it, my friend.  

Have a good evening 🤘

1 hour ago, thrashinbiker said:

I'm generally like that too, ME, though I have one mate from Norway I play regularly with and am playing right now, in fact.  But yeah, I don't do interaction with randoms.

In short, yes, in recent times there is a lot more you can do as a solo player in online - Rockstar finally realised that players want the option to play single player stuff in online, too, a few years back.  The stuff I mentioned in my previous post, the chop shop, you can run all of that solo. 

There is also a heist (Cayo Perico) you can do solo, too.  I wouldn't say it's the greatest heist but it's fun enough.  There's also an auto shop you can run missions/mini-heists from as a solo player and since last year, you can now run the CEO business/biker missions and sales in solo/closed sessions, too, which you couldn't previously as they had to be in public sessions.  

If interaction with other players is all you are worried about, then I wouldn't let that stop you as there is plenty to do alone.

Happy to talk you through/offer some guidance if you need it, my friend.  

Have a good evening 🤘

Thanks for the update, sounds promising and I may invest in online via my Xbox or PS5 in the near future.