Whatcha Eatin'?

RelentlessOblivion

Are you suggesting Johan that our lad Luxi should spend his days wandering around the grassy hills and pastures and the native bush of north coast New Zealand looking for fruits and roots? Avocados and mushrooms maybe? I'm not an advocate of the Paleo diet personally, but the fact remains that humans were designed to eat meat. Farming and dairy and of course processed foods are much more recent developments. I agree with not needing meat 3 times a day, but then I think this modern habit of eating several times a day all day long is nuts anyway, which is why I eat one meal a day. I wouldn't eat solely meat that'd just be silly, I have veggies and stuff with my daily meal as well. But I can tell you that my daily meal will always contain some kind of meat or animal protein or fish or something. Always.

I wish I could cut out processed foods altogether but being a lazy entitled American I am surrounded by them and at the store I am bombarded with them. I do cook fresh foods for most meals (except lately I have started getting fish & chips from a local food truck on Fridays that donates the profits to local charities because the kid loves fsh&chp too) but my problem is I am addicted to all manner of sauces and marinades that come in little bottles. Italian, Asian, Indian, Mexican, Dijon, BBQ Medditeranean, Worcestershire, Old Bay, hot sauce....doesn't matter I love them all. Just makes dinner come together that much quicker and taste good.

And dark chocolate. That's my main vice these days after dinner I enjoy a whiskey and a couple pieces of dark chocolate. I rationalize that dark chocolate is good for me and has some kind of health benefits so it's OK,  even though I do feel guilty about the sugar.

11 hours ago, Sheol said:

Ok, but if we're gonna take the evolutionary biology argument here, wouldn't reason dictate that meat was difficault to come by and required a lot of energy to acquire, as opposed to farming plants and hosting livestock. That means that no pre-historic group ate meat everyday, three times a day. Rather, they ate meat a couple of days a week if lucky, and filled the gaps with fruits and roots, all while burning an ungodly amount of resources walking to the next food opportunity.

Inland human's hunted very large animals, each kill provided days of all day eating large quantities of fat. It is often claimed that eating fatty meat = high energy once  the fat adaption is complete, that's what I'm waiting for. Beach bum human's slept all day and dug up giant shellfish when hungry, as often as they wanted, no energy required.  Eating roots due to having eventually wiping out food sources would have been the cause of agriculture, but plant crops should be used to feed animals for humans to eat. Hunter gathers are laid back people with all the energy and enthusiasm needed to acquire food.  

We can call this anthropology.  Evolution gives me a headache, the incredible slowness of it. Natural planetary catastrophes should delete species more often than an animal can mutate from laying eggs to giving birth and breast feeding. I can't help but envision the random depositing of interplanetary seeds or eggs that sprout or hatch a trillion different species, all of which can intermingle rapidly consuming each other  and creating new life forms with every reproduction. Impaled Nazarene - Impure Orgies and Goat Perversion, that is the sound of creation. 

Ah, so Sardonicist = Luxi. Fuck, now it all makes sense.

10 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Are you suggesting Johan that our lad Luxi should spend his days wandering around the grassy hills and pastures and the native bush of north coast New Zealand looking for fruits and roots? Avocados and mushrooms maybe? I'm not an advocate of the Paleo diet personally, but the fact remains that humans were designed to eat meat. Farming and dairy and of course processed foods are much more recent developments. I agree with not needing meat 3 times a day, but then I think this modern habit of eating several times a day all day long is nuts anyway, which is why I eat one meal a day. I wouldn't eat solely meat that'd just be silly, I have veggies and stuff with my daily meal as well. But I can tell you that my daily meal will always contain some kind of meat or animal protein or fish or something. Always.

I wish I could cut out processed foods altogether but being a lazy entitled American I am surrounded by them and at the store I am bombarded with them. I do cook fresh foods for most meals (except lately I have started getting fish & chips from a local food truck on Fridays that donates the profits to local charities because the kid loves fsh&chp too) but my problem is I am addicted to all manner of sauces and marinades that come in little bottles. Italian, Asian, Indian, Mexican, Dijon, BBQ Medditeranean, Worcestershire, Old Bay, hot sauce....doesn't matter I love them all. Just makes dinner come together that much quicker and taste good.

And dark chocolate. That's my main vice these days after dinner I enjoy a whiskey and a couple pieces of dark chocolate. I rationalize that dark chocolate is good for me and has some kind of health benefits so it's OK,  even though I do feel guilty about the sugar.

The Paleo diet is one I can get behind. I did it for 2+ years and it works as advertised. I had a ton of energy and felt amazing. The lack of bread, which I fucking love, was ultimately my undoing. It is a well rounded diet unlike red meat only or vegan or other nonsense.

On 5/12/2021 at 4:18 PM, Sardonicist said:

Reality is not always what sounds rational at the time. 

Humans became humans via eating meat. Humans ate animal based for 2 million years, then since the time humans started growing plant foods, the human brain has been shrinking. 

You might want to check that math. Humans in their present modern form with some debate have only been around for about 2-300,000 years. We're relative babies. Civilization-a scant 6,000 years or so. I think you're talking about first homo group of which humans sprang from-but that was basically a primate human-like hominid ancestor. The only thing that distinguishes them was walking upright and climbing trees. Who knows what the fuck they ate?

On 5/13/2021 at 12:27 AM, Sardonicist said:

I guess scotch fillet and lamb chops. Just meat in general really, I eat chicken, fish and pork. 

Most people go down this path to solve health problems. If just eliminating processed foods does not cure everything then certain foods are causing problems. So different food groups are eliminated till the problems are solved. When it works, one is enthusiastic about the results and cannot help but share the experience. Religious fervor should not amaze anyone, rather, to be expected. 

sardonicist. cool lamb chop. not had that in years.  lamb mince is a favourite, lambs liver i like, lambs kidneys is always sold out when i want it. 

scotch fillet is apparently the most flavoursome cut according to google so good choice with this. re scotch fillet how much do you cook it, is it rare with loads blood.   and finally what are your favourite fish to eat. 

On 12/29/2020 at 3:22 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

Rice rice rice. Yep got medical issue. That's the carb that works. Obviously other things but eat an abnormal amount of rice. 

You may like Willey's cacao white chocolate and kotobuki green tea. Tbh I still don't get it and yep was given this for Christmas. 

In the past I did pork and white rice, I felt 100% sustained. But at the time I was drinking too much home made mead and beer, using cannabis edibles daily, smoking a bit meth, drinking cactus juice and popping opiate pills to avoid the boredom of unemployment and the pain of loneliness and depression. I've read about staving of serious health issues on a diet of white rice and shrimp. 

With rice/grains the white stuff is healthier than the brown stuff. Some 'foods' are better processed. 

On 5/14/2021 at 10:34 AM, navybsn said:

Ah, so Sardonicist = Luxi. Fuck, now it all makes sense.

The Paleo diet is one I can get behind. I did it for 2+ years and it works as advertised. I had a ton of energy and felt amazing. The lack of bread, which I fucking love, was ultimately my undoing. It is a well rounded diet unlike red meat only or vegan or other nonsense.

I was a very healthy weight on the paleo diet. I could hardly believe the pants size I was wearing. I pretty much lived on bacon, eggs, ground beef, potatoes, cheese, canned tomatoes, olives with allot of onions and garlic. 

The paleo diet back then was all about not eating lectins or gluten. Since that time Anti-Nutrients, Oxalates and Phytates have been discovered. Add to this the decision to avoid the problems of eating sugar and the paleo eating plan becomes all meat. I only recommended it for people with health problems. 

It's not dogmatic, there are discussions on what are the least harmful plants to eat. There are protocols for reintroducing plant's. There are animal based eaters including avocado's, honey, rice, herbs and spices, what ever heals. Then there are those who really have no choice but to eat beef only, either that or suffer severe health problems.

The lectin/gluten free plan did nothing for my allergies, eczema or depression. The steroid creams stopped working, the allergy medications stopped working. Itching and sneezing worsens insomnia which worsens depression. Eating normal home cooked food for 5 years previous to this past 5 months led to me weighing 113kg. I have reasons. 

I am doing the paleo diet. 

22 hours ago, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

sardonicist. cool lamb chop. not had that in years.  lamb mince is a favourite, lambs liver i like, lambs kidneys is always sold out when i want it. 

scotch fillet is apparently the most flavoursome cut according to google so good choice with this. re scotch fillet how much do you cook it, is it rare with loads blood.   and finally what are your favourite fish to eat. 

I occasionally eat a scotch fillet raw straight out of the fridge. If I was using a frypan I would cook on max heat for a minute on each side. But doing that everyday makes the kitchen very greasy and the house starts to stink of fried steak. So I've been using an air fryer for no grease and no smell. My thick steaks usually come out medium rare, I never remember to reduce the time for those thin steaks so they come out well done. I like it all.

I can't afford to buy scotch fillets though. It's gotta stop, so I can put  some money aside to keep my car legally on the road and buy clothes. Will be attempting to live on ground beef. realistically that's all that fits into my budget.

Into a forth week of dairy free with the exception of butter. Dairy is suspect. It's been a struggle to quit the cheese because I handle it frequently, preparing meals for my grandparents. 

I think shellfish are my favorite seafood. If I could afford it I imagine stuffing my face with raw oysters and scallops every day. Live mussels and cooked frozen shrimp are pretty decent now and then.

Boneless Ribeye Steak

Scotch Filet, or boneless Ribeye Steak as we call it over here is my preferred cut for steak. Second choice would be what we call tenderloin or filet mignon (your so-called Eye Filet) and then my 3rd choice is skirt or flank steak for when I make fajitas. I do like me some fucking fajitas. I get big 1 1/2" to 2" thick ribeyes which cost like $20. I dry rub them and cook them in an iron skillet with butter and olive oil over a medium flame for 4 minutes on each side which generally comes out somewhere between rare and medium/rare. If it turns grey it's rubbish so I won't even bother with thinner ones. I only eat it once a month at most because they're at least $15 US a pound so I wait until I can get a nice thick and well marbled one.

On 5/16/2021 at 11:12 PM, Sardonicist said:

In the past I did pork and white rice, I felt 100% sustained. But at the time I was drinking too much home made mead and beer, using cannabis edibles daily, smoking a bit meth, drinking cactus juice and popping opiate pills to avoid the boredom of unemployment and the pain of loneliness and depression. I've read about staving of serious health issues on a diet of white rice and shrimp. 

With rice/grains the white stuff is healthier than the brown stuff. Some 'foods' are better processed. 

sardonicist thats an interesting message you sent me. yeah were very sensible with the rice intake or you were😁  tbh i spoken to a dietician expecting them to say cut back but they gave me thumbs up. probably wanted to get rid of me😂   thats good you like pork. i just dont like pork much. belly pork is good though. when it comes to meat. im not fan of processed meat. i mostly choose steak over sausages, chicken over bacon. am i right that you go for less processed meats

re the drug use my cousin does crack to give him a boost. i understand why but ive advised he stop plus for my cousin its expensive  and the drugs cant be good for you. out of interest did you manage to cut out the drugs. imo its best if you can but this is just my opinion for reasons outlined above.  

diet of shrimp and rice sounds expensive. be worth trying though on my birthday or something

i eat white rice due to lower fibre content. it works for me. so thats enough. 

On 5/16/2021 at 11:58 PM, Sardonicist said:

I occasionally eat a scotch fillet raw straight out of the fridge. If I was using a frypan I would cook on max heat for a minute on each side. But doing that everyday makes the kitchen very greasy and the house starts to stink of fried steak. So I've been using an air fryer for no grease and no smell. My thick steaks usually come out medium rare, I never remember to reduce the time for those thin steaks so they come out well done. I like it all.

I can't afford to buy scotch fillets though. It's gotta stop, so I can put  some money aside to keep my car legally on the road and buy clothes. Will be attempting to live on ground beef. realistically that's all that fits into my budget.

Into a forth week of dairy free with the exception of butter. Dairy is suspect. It's been a struggle to quit the cheese because I handle it frequently, preparing meals for my grandparents. 

I think shellfish are my favorite seafood. If I could afford it I imagine stuffing my face with raw oysters and scallops every day. Live mussels and cooked frozen shrimp are pretty decent now and then.

ground beef i like especially if its ground steak. its bit expensive so i get ground steak mince every few weeks.  scotch filet. sounds good and expensive. way out of my budget. i assume expensive one is needed as otherwise easy to get food poisoning, i like a steak but rarely have one, cooked  to well done with pepper salt and olive oil is how i do them and bit burnt. think char grilled is technical term😁

how is dairy free diet going. are you still on this. i have low wheat diet as just had bad effect on me otherwise. lets just say it makes me dash to the loo. so i have small amount of wheat. 

i mostly eat tinned fish. bit lazy but its alot easier than cooking frozen ones. not had muscles in long time. probably in france on holiday years ago,  have you ever had lobster for dinners. it looks good but not tried it

good plan with budgeting on scotch fillet so you can have clothes and keep your car going 

sardonicist 🤘with all the raw meat and raw fish. 

10 hours ago, Sheol said:

Haha and I try to eat brown or black rice to increase fibre content :D Funny how that goes.

sheol good to hear from you, black rice is new to me. diets are a funny thing. im going for lower fibre. your going for high fibre. what ever works. also do you have lots of vegetables in your diet to increase your fibre intake  

On 5/18/2021 at 10:53 AM, blaaacdoommmmfan said:

sardonicist thats an interesting message you sent me. yeah were very sensible with the rice intake or you were😁  tbh i spoken to a dietician expecting them to say cut back but they gave me thumbs up. probably wanted to get rid of me😂   thats good you like pork. i just dont like pork much. belly pork is good though. when it comes to meat. im not fan of processed meat. i mostly choose steak over sausages, chicken over bacon. am i right that you go for less processed meats

re the drug use my cousin does crack to give him a boost. i understand why but ive advised he stop plus for my cousin its expensive  and the drugs cant be good for you. out of interest did you manage to cut out the drugs. imo its best if you can but this is just my opinion for reasons outlined above.  

diet of shrimp and rice sounds expensive. be worth trying though on my birthday or something

i eat white rice due to lower fibre content. it works for me. so thats enough. 

I eat fresh meat. Bacon is not appealing. Just a few bites of deli ham fat and rind when I make the grandparents ham sandwiches. 

Processed grains are better than whole grains, but then fiber supplement's may be required. Veges are less harmful if fermented, dried, cooked, so veges are healthier if processed. Whole grains do to the human body all the bad things that they say meat does. Zero fiber is excellent. 

There of been many months of straight times lately, but I might find some psychedelic mushrooms soon. 

17 hours ago, Sardonicist said:

I eat fresh meat. Bacon is not appealing. Just a few bites of deli ham fat and rind when I make the grandparents ham sandwiches. 

Processed grains are better than whole grains, but then fiber supplement's may be required. Veges are less harmful if fermented, dried, cooked, so veges are healthier if processed. Whole grains do to the human body all the bad things that they say meat does. Zero fiber is excellent. 

There of been many months of straight times lately, but I might find some psychedelic mushrooms soon. 

sardonicist thats good you managed to stay off the stuff. i eat a crazy amount of sweets which could well give me diabetes so ive stuff to sort too. i buy them by 10kg at a time and eat them too fast. if i did drugs id likely o.d and die, do what you gotta do. im not endorsing following but apparently jesse leach of kills witch engage does mushroom and they calm him down and make his life better, it was something like this,read it in interview while ago hes well into them. 

youve got some interesting ideas about food. a real passion is great to have. would being an expert in food be a job youd like?   re veg. i cook most of vegetables. just prefer it, cooked veges  nearly all the time and low fibre diet works for me great. high fibre is not for me at all. 

definitely with you on processed meats. i try and avoid them. they dont suit me at all. corn beef etc i avoid now

On 5/21/2021 at 8:41 AM, Sheol said:

😮😮😲 10 kg???

i know right. people with my long term condition can get really bad fatigue🥴 ive been on conference calls to others with my same ailment and others say they have glucose tablets for similar reasons  i do.  obviously something i need to address though. plus terrible for teeth. i use mouthwash alot more after recommendation from dentist. im not cool and i know it. thanks though for concern. maybe i could cut down a bit😁 im the extreme one in my family. you can see why.  

On 5/21/2021 at 9:11 AM, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Yeah, 22 pounds worth, that would probably last my 7 year old for about a week or so if I let him haha.

Pin by Jean James on SWEETS | Junk food snacks, Sleepover food, Food drinks  dessert

that's a big haul of candy you got there goatmaster. i approve👍 its good to restrict your kids access to them too. my dad lost loads of his teeth to sweets so good to avoid losing teeth that way.my dentist recommend sugar free sweets but i didn't take to them so far.😫😁

out of interest do you have a preferred candy maker.   mine is uk maker swizzels as its cheap and good quality😂

On 5/17/2021 at 3:58 AM, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Boneless Ribeye Steak

Scotch Filet, or boneless Ribeye Steak as we call it over here is my preferred cut for steak. Second choice would be what we call tenderloin or filet mignon (your so-called Eye Filet) and then my 3rd choice is skirt or flank steak for when I make fajitas. I do like me some fucking fajitas. I get big 1 1/2" to 2" thick ribeyes which cost like $20. I dry rub them and cook them in an iron skillet with butter and olive oil over a medium flame for 4 minutes on each side which generally comes out somewhere between rare and medium/rare. If it turns grey it's rubbish so I won't even bother with thinner ones. I only eat it once a month at most because they're at least $15 US a pound so I wait until I can get a nice thick and well marbled one.

thats definitely an idea. great quality meat once per month. theres really good suppliers round my area in Cambridge uk too. a huge mountain of a steak wins for me. 🤘 your pic is impressive. go big👍 i like a steak with pepper too on outside. is this more for lower quality steak. would it be a waste on steaks you get. 

No sir, that's not my candy and those aren't my steaks, those were just some generic pics I grabbed off the internet.

I do let the boy eat candy but it's once a day in the evenings after dinner, just a few pieces as his dessert. He likes Sour Patch kids and gummie worms and M&M's so we rotate. I don't keep ice cream in the house. I used to be addicted and eat a pint every night. So now I figur I can't have a moment of weakness at 3 or 4am if there's none here.

Last night we popped over the border to PA to do some air rifle shopping at Wal-Mart (since I can't buy one in NJ) to deal with my rats in the attic problem (they're too smart for the snap traps, got one the first night but seems they can get the bait without losing their heads) and we stopped off at Wayback Burger for burgers & shakes on the way home. So that meant no candy for him later when we got home, his chocolate shake was his dessert.

As for the steaks yeah I prefer a nice thick one because I can't stand to eat medium/well meat that's got no pink left. So it's much easier to keep it in that medium/rare range with a thicker one. I can eat it rare or medium as well but med/rare is the goal. I don't have a special place for meat other than my local supermarket and the local butcher/deli in town here. I prefer the butcher shop "Sussex Meat Packing" their prices are actually better than the market. I'm in there a few times a week anyway to get lunch for the construction crew cuz they make the best sammies in town. I probably have a steak twice a month on average. A nice one pound boneless ribeye (Scotch Filet) is about $15, not gonna break the bank and it's just for me, I don't have to get one for the boy as he'd rather have something else anyway. 

On 5/23/2021 at 4:22 PM, GoatmasterGeneral said:

No sir, that's not my candy and those aren't my steaks, those were just some generic pics I grabbed off the internet.

I do let the boy eat candy but it's once a day in the evenings after dinner, just a few pieces as his dessert. He likes Sour Patch kids and gummie worms and M&M's so we rotate. I don't keep ice cream in the house. I used to be addicted and eat a pint every night. So now I figur I can't have a moment of weakness at 3 or 4am if there's none here.

Last night we popped over the border to PA to do some air rifle shopping at Wal-Mart (since I can't buy one in NJ) to deal with my rats in the attic problem (they're too smart for the snap traps, got one the first night but seems they can get the bait without losing their heads) and we stopped off at Wayback Burger for burgers & shakes on the way home. So that meant no candy for him later when we got home, his chocolate shake was his dessert.

As for the steaks yeah I prefer a nice thick one because I can't stand to eat medium/well meat that's got no pink left. So it's much easier to keep it in that medium/rare range with a thicker one. I can eat it rare or medium as well but med/rare is the goal. I don't have a special place for meat other than my local supermarket and the local butcher/deli in town here. I prefer the butcher shop "Sussex Meat Packing" their prices are actually better than the market. I'm in there a few times a week anyway to get lunch for the construction crew cuz they make the best sammies in town. I probably have a steak twice a month on average. A nice one pound boneless ribeye (Scotch Filet) is about $15, not gonna break the bank and it's just for me, I don't have to get one for the boy as he'd rather have something else anyway. 

😂my error re those pictures then, there not your candy cupboard and steak dinner,  

im the same re giving sweets to my kids, very small amounts, my parents ruined there teeth with sweets as kids so something i can never forget, 

cool re the boys favourites, sour patch kids, ive had those before on trip to united states, there very sour as i remember on trip to atlanta cinema 😁 

great plan re ice cream, if its not there your not going to have it, 

good luck with rat shooting, fortunately at home we have none but at the water treatment works where i used to work there was always a fair few,we used bait but not good with children or pets about,  chocolate shake sounds like your boy did well, upgrade on candy imo,  

thanks for the steak tips, cant beat a good steak when it works👻☠️ if its terrible there's always sauces, a great steak is best with not much on it imo, its like having an amazing scotch with coke, oddly enough at bbq yesterday i preferred cheap burgers over more expensive Aberdeen angus ones as Aberdeens had a funny taste plus cheaper ones i reckon have more fat in them which i like, probably doing my arteries no good😁