Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ghouly

Whatcha Eatin'?

2,227 posts in this topic

Food and bacon and waffles seems to come up in every other topic so I figured I may as well make this topic for the food lovers around here. Today… protien shake for breakfast, lunch is a kale and purple cabbage salad with beets, butternut squash, broccoli, and a tahini dressing. Somewhat lacking in protien, but I'll make that up for dinner. YUM!

My diet today... eh. We had some chicken sausage and a bit of stollen for breakfast. I've been cutting back sugar, and I shared an almond croissant with my kid this afternoon and thought I was gonna have a heart attack. Now I'm making us some chicken gyoza. I've also had some beef jerky throughout the day.

Nacho Doritos. This is better. I was bloody frazzled about the results I was getting on practice exams but it's getting better now.

Re: Whatcha Eatin'? Canned soup. Have to eat on the fly, got off work late (for the last month) and NTNR will be here to jam in 10 minutes. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Canned soup. Have to eat on the fly, got off work late (for the last month) and NTNR will be here to jam in 10 minutes. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Oh, the sacrifices we make for the ones we love...:D Say hi to Mike for me, would you?

Aww man, this is my thread! food ftw. I just had a carbonara, might go have some beef ravioli.

Re: Whatcha Eatin'?

Oh, the sacrifices we make for the ones we love...:D Say hi to Mike for me, would you?
Will do. He's not here yet, so I'll follow up with some blueberries, it will help detox my system after that. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I've come to learn that my swedish blåbärssopa (blueberry soup) does not actually contain blueberries. very disappoint.

What's it supposed to be' date=' soup [i']for blueberries?
Well, maybe it is. After all, we have VeggieTales here in the United States... the Swedish equivalent must be Anthology Ov Froot or something.

Re: Whatcha Eatin'? Grilled up some garlic burgers for lunch with no buns, one with cheddar and one with provolone, and had the extra tomato slices caprese style. [ATTACH]878[/ATTACH] Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Nice, Blut that looks delicious! Totally something I would eat. Today I am making homemade Lussekatten (Saffron Buns) which are a traditional treat served during Lucia. They are buttery, soft, and have a subtle saffron taste with raisins set in them. I'll share pics!

Grilled up some garlic burgers for lunch with no buns, one with cheddar and one with provolone, and had the extra tomato slices caprese style. [ATTACH]878[/ATTACH] Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Ooh, that sounds really yummy. One of my friends got me dinner last night, and we had elk burgers. My first time eating elk! It was delicious. Tonight I'm going to be making a big pot of shepherd's pie, with steak tips and beef, pearl onions, Parisian carrots, corn, maybe some other veggies, and beef broth thickened with gluten free flour. The gluten free stuff has tapioca in it and thickens broth much more smoothly than wheat flour, without affecting the flavor. Parmesan cheese crust on top of the mashed potatoes. I'm looking forward to this! Rest of my diet today has been insufficient: chicken sausage and some pecans, a bit of cheese, and an apple. Hungry hungry.

Ooh, that sounds really yummy. One of my friends got me dinner last night, and we had elk burgers. My first time eating elk! It was delicious. Tonight I'm going to be making a big pot of shepherd's pie, with steak tips and beef, pearl onions, Parisian carrots, corn, maybe some other veggies, and beef broth thickened with gluten free flour. The gluten free stuff has tapioca in it and thickens broth much more smoothly than wheat flour, without affecting the flavor. Parmesan cheese crust on top of the mashed potatoes. I'm looking forward to this! Rest of my diet today has been insufficient: chicken sausage and some pecans, a bit of cheese, and an apple. Hungry hungry.
I love elk, and definitely feel that game meat is delicious and underutilized. Since game is not farm raised, it tends to have more dense muscle fibers from existing in the wild, which are densely packed with flavor. In order to break this down, a longer/slower cooking and preparation process is needed, but it is well worth the wait. We used to deliver for a gourmet game/meat food provider that sold to the high end restaurants in town, and trying some of their food was mindblowing. My father in law met with them and said the elk steak they prepared for him was the 2nd best steak he'd ever had, hot on the heels of one he had at the top steak restaurant in Las Vegas (I forget the name). Damn dude, that shepherd's pie sounds awesome. I've only had it once before at a pub and loved it, and never made it myself. I'm great on the grill, but can't cook worth a shit. Now I'm thinking about food again, and I finished eating not long ago... Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Well aren't you fancy pants! :P I'm docking you 1 metal point for this french snobbery!
Bullshit, metal and food go together like metal and beer. 5Or2lSPtszo Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Now I want elk steak! Argh! I'm so so hungry. One of the most enjoyable steaks I've had was venison, when I took a trip with some college friends to upstate N.Y. One guy's family had a cabin up there and hunted for all of their meat. They made a really nice venison summer sausage, as well. I made this recipe for thanksgiving and I have to say it turned out awesome. I was sorry when I finished it. Last week I made a shepherd's pie with chili instead of beef stew - steak tips, ground beef, and a pound of beef kielbasa, black beans, kidney beans, corn, a couple large cans of whole peeled tomatoes, and liberal amounts of dried peppers ground up with cumin, garlic, rosemary, and coriander. It's pretty easy, just make a stew (preferably in an oven-safe pot), thicken it, let it set and cool. Make your mashed potatoes a little thin so they spread out nicely on top. Layer them, top it with some cheese or bread crumbs if you want, toss it in the oven around 375 for about 45 minutes, or till it browns. When I take mine out I usually finish it with basil and smoked paprika, though for the chili one I used tarragon, paprika, and cumin seed. Time to cook, fuck typing! :D

Re: Whatcha Eatin'? We should compile some recipes here. When I was in Denver, I saw a metal cook book at the record store that had recipes gathered from literally hundreds of metal bands, even more obscure acts like Sadistik Exekution were present. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

This is what I made. They are Lussekatten, a traditional food made during Lucia in Sweden. They are yeasty, buttery saffron buns made with little raisins studded in them. I made them to try something else, expand my horizons culturally, and it seemed like a fun thing to do today. I tried two of them, and sadly, bread does not agree with me any more and I got really sick about 30 minutes later and threw it all up. I just can't really tolerate or digest bread since I've been on Paleo almost a year now. They were tasty, though. These are not very sweet, but they are like french Brioche bread, with a saffron-buttery taste. The raisins at a little bit of sweet but not much as it's only 2 raisins on each end. Ingredients are: wheat flour butter milk yeast saffron raisins sugar, salt qvark (I substituted with creme fraiche) egg brushed on top. 6be6ab89-8275-4bef-b1c7-af203d784a3f_zps95c11434.jpg

This is what I made. They are Lussekatten, a traditional food made during Lucia in Sweden. They are yeasty, buttery saffron buns made with little raisins studded in them. I made them to try something else, expand my horizons culturally, and it seemed like a fun thing to do today. I tried two of them, and sadly, bread does not agree with me any more and I got really sick about 30 minutes later and threw it all up. I just can't really tolerate or digest bread since I've been on Paleo almost a year now. They were tasty, though. These are not very sweet, but they are like french Brioche bread, with a saffron-buttery taste. The raisins at a little bit of sweet but not much as it's only 2 raisins on each end. Ingredients are: wheat flour butter milk yeast saffron raisins sugar, salt qvark (I substituted with creme fraiche) egg brushed on top. 6be6ab89-8275-4bef-b1c7-af203d784a3f_zps95c11434.jpg
Looks good

Ahh shit, you threw up? That sucks! Sorry to hear it. They look good. Did you just knead the dough all together and put them on a greased pan? What temp?