Welcome to Metal Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to stalk this  
Stalkers 0
SBird94

Favourite Album

Metallica is my favourite band and I have been kicked of the metallica forum, so need to get back to forum which I can talk about them again :) what is your favourite album guys? Personally I like ride the lightning the best, it is a great thrash album with everything metallica has to deliver, with heavy riffs, thrashy tunes, and slow driving ballads it truly is amazing. Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Re: Favourite Album

Ride and Kill trade places as my favorite from them. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
For me it's a toss up between Ride and master Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

...And Justice For All. I think that's where they really matured as a band. Personally though I don't listen to them very much any more I don't think any of their albums have aged particularly well.

Re: Favourite Album

...And Justice For All. I think that's where they really matured as a band. Personally though I don't listen to them very much any more I don't think any of their albums have aged particularly well.
If they could all only have the breakdown from Frayed Ends of Sanity... Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I like Ride the Lightning and my fav song from this album is the "Fade to Black".

However, Metallica was ok until the moment they performed with gaga... since then I experience love/hate feelings for them...

barkingbiscuit gave this Horns Up!

10 minutes ago, NinaHell said:

I like Ride the Lightning and my fav song from this album is the "Fade to Black".

However, Metallica was ok until the moment they performed with gaga... since then I experience love/hate feelings for them...

Why is it so? Gaga is great! I like the way she sung "Moth into the Flame" and most of all I loved when she got photographed wearing a Judas Priest "RAM IT DOWN" T-shirt a few years back! She is a huge heavy metal fan. A genuine one! You can see pictures of her with anyone... From Rob Halford to Anthrax, Alice Cooper and even Saxon!

I do not like her music at all, but I somehow respect her. She always praises heavy metal music and she actually has a song that contains the words "heavy metal" in the title.

Oh, BTW, if I had to take a single Metallica album on a desert island it would be "KILL 'EM ALL"... but "Ride the Lighting" would be a close second! The title track of "RTL" actually contains my all time favorite Metallica riff... it's the one right before (and during the first part of) the solo! It's actually a Mustaine riff. It can be heard played by Megadeth at the beginning of "Mechanix" but their version of such riff is not nearly as effective as the way James did on "RTL".

To be entirely honest that riff is lifted from the Diamond Head track "Sucking My Love"... which, in itself, is partly a reprise of UFO's "Rock Bottom"... and, of course, the main riffs of those two songs represent the blueprint of "Seek and Destroy".

I think Metallica are geniuses in the same way that Led Zeppelin were. They had the ability to extract the most out of someone else's ideas. 

Take also "Fade to Black". Exciter had a song called "Black Witch" on their first LP and Exciter toured with 'Tallica in the early days. "Black Witch" is basically the very first thrash ballad and bears a similar riff and structure to "Fade to Black" (whose opening arpeggio comes from the Diamond Head track "Ishmael" off their third lp, "Canterbury"), but it is so primitive and raw that Metallica blew it away completely!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to stalk this  
Stalkers 0