What Are You Listening To?

khaos

4 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

No my friend, I wasn't saying that at all, I liked the Sanctuarium. But you opened the door to this line of questioning when you brought the legendary Disembowelment into it. Seeing your post gave me the idea to compare the two head to head and report my findings. But I wasn't trying to discredit the Sanctuarium, I thought it was good. Just nowhere near death/doom titans like D'bowelment and Evoken.

If you like that Transcendence into the Peripheral album even a little bit do yourself a favor and check out some Evoken. Crushing death/doom from right here in New Jersey with a lot more death than most in that sub-genre, just played very slowly. Transcendence was a one-off album by a band that broke up soon after, but Evokern has taken that sound as their inspiration, cleaned it up a little bit, added even more crushing death atmosphere and really made it their own. I'm not even the biggest doom guy because I prefer faster music most of the time. But Evoken is the exception, they're in a class by themselves.

I flew across the country to see them at the Denver Doomfest in Oct 2013 because I just kept missing their shows back east. Was a good move, Jayke (a former poster and mod here) introduced me to John Paradiso, who said he felt like he owed me money for flying out just to see them. They were cool low key Jersey dudes and then they proceeded to absolutely blow the roof off that little club on South Broadway. Was so loud you could feel that crushing bass vibrating your internal organs, it was fucking awesome.

Evoken - Antithesis of Light, 2005. This is the one you want.

Excellent. Thank you sir, and this is nothing like Swallow the Sun. Good music for a night without electricity. Assuming my computer had the battery this'd be a perfect soundtrack to the electricity being out and me laying down staring into the black. Please accept this God Disease as a token of my appreciation. It's not as good as Evoken, but that's a high bar to clearr.

Apocalyptic Doom (2023) | God Disease | Gruesome Records (bandcamp.com)

a1515438419_10.jpg

Deteriorot - In Ancient Beliefs, 2001. Such a great album, I think these dudes have been unfairly overlooked, you never hear them mentioned, ever. I guess that's what happens when you only get 3 albums out in 23 years. Classic death metal debut. 

Nunslaughter - Red is the Color of Ripping Death, Cleveland Ohio 2021. Ripping death is right, this is easily one of their best albums. Their first full length in 7 years, these dudes live on releasing dozens of splits EP's and live albums. Not gonna count up all their releases, there have gotta be 70 or 80 of them since they started in 1987, but only 5 full lengths.

22 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Nunslaughter - Red is the Color of Ripping Death, Cleveland Ohio 2021. Ripping death is right, this is easily one of their best albums. Their first full length in 7 years, these dudes live on releasing dozens of splits EP's and live albums. Not gonna count up all their releases, there have gotta be 70 or 80 of them since they started in 1987, but only 5 full lengths.

Back in the day when I used to listen to more stuff like this, I found bands like Nunslaughter were better at doing EPs and splits than churning out full length albums.  

Eg Goat was like 30 minutes long but given it was 15 tracks which mainly all sounded similar, I'd lose interest.  But a 10 minute split would scratch the itch very well (though I could never justify buying these due to run time - fuck me and my financial sensibilities).

I haven't heard this one and am checking it out.  Not bad.  Typical meat and potatoes DM but its got some good grooves and riffs.

NP: Cave Grave - Unfurling Putridity

▶︎ Unfurling Putridity | Cave Grave (bandcamp.com)

a0008139912_10.jpg

Not exactly what I expected. I guess I was expecting something, I don't know, messier. These guys are professionals. Not that it doesn't have the clout you look for with something like this. Nobody's expecting early Incantation. Still this thing has riffs and no fat. Recommended for those that like their death metal unadorned with a mean streak.

1 hour ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Deteriorot - In Ancient Beliefs, 2001. Such a great album, I think these dudes have been unfairly overlooked, you never hear them mentioned, ever. I guess that's what happens when you only get 3 albums out in 23 years. Classic death metal debut. 

This is indeed a great album!  Never heard it before even though they came out when I was mainlining death metal!

3 hours ago, Dead1 said:

This is indeed a great album!  Never heard it before even though they came out when I was mainlining death metal!

Dude compared to most people, you know I spend a lot of time combing the interwebs for metal, and there is just no way to get it all. I'm constantly finding shit I missed and never heard of before from all eras old and new. It's getting to be less of the older stuff from the 90's now as they're not making any more of it and by this point I guess whatever is out there on youtube and RYM and metal blogs and M-A reviews and wherever else to be found is what's out there. There's only gonna be so much available to be found especially when you're usuallly looking in all the same places. Which means there's probably good stuff that will just fade away into obscurity without being rediscovered by subsequent generations of metalheads because no one ever thought to upoad it to youtube or put it out there somewhere to be found. But yet I still find older stuff fairly reguarly, like every 2 or 3 months I'll stumble over some old 90's album where I'm like "How did I never even hear about this band?"  I also think it's pretty cool that even on the forum with dudes we've posted with for several years we can still occsasionally show each other an old band or two that the other guy's maybe never heard before. Glad to hear you liked the Deteriorot.

With the newer stuff it's understandable that we'd constantly be discovering stuff we missed as there's just so much more of it that's being produced these days and even over the last 15 or 20 years. I think you'd need a team of 50 dudes working round the clock 24/7 doing nothing but scouring the internet for good recent metal albums to catch even 75 - 80% of what's coming out and there'd still be the other 20% that got by all 50 of them. But maybe it's good to leave some stuff to be discovered in another decade or two if I'm still around then.

Which reminds me, merci to Le Cabbage for the heads up on the God Disease, I'm really digging this. They're from Finland and everything. It only just came out in March but I definitely missed it. Glad you liked the Evoken, and I hope you've got your power back on by now. I know what that's like, we lose ours fairly frequently here in northwestern Jersey with all the trees that fall and bring down power lines every time the fucking wind blows.

God Disease - Apocalyptic Doom, Finland. 2nd time through tonight/this morning, yeah this is good shit. Death/doom but not painfully slow, just kinda midpaced and melancholy (the Finns sure know how to do those melancholy melodies) with some random slower passages. Not too clean like some doom can be, I do like my death/doom on the gnarlier side. This isn't super ultra filthy like the D'bowelment but it'll certainly get the job done.

It occurs to me now that I'm in death/doom mode here I reallly should take this opportunity to revisit Hooded Menace. Everyone seems to really like that band, I see them mentioned all the time as a pillar of modern death/doom but I've never been able to connect with any of their albums. They're all so painfully slow, I've always found them boring AF.  Maybe I have a window where I might be receptive to them now, let's see.

Hooded Menace - Ossuarium Silhouettes Unhallowed, Finland 2018. Their last two albums have the highest scores on M-A, and I know I never liked their first two records because I bought them when they were new, that's how I know I don't like the band. Right away here in the first song there's some speedier riffage that's not painfully slow at all, and some nice changes with some cool riffs so I think maybe we'll be Ok here and I'll be able to turn the corner on HM finally. On those early albums it always seemed to me like they'd just play one boring slow-ass plodding riff after another and stay on each one without variation for like 5 minutes each til I was ready to fall asleep. This album is much different than how I remember them, it's like they learned how to write good songs now or something. Shit I might even pick this up if the varied riffage continues like this.

1 hour ago, Arioch said:

Hello everyone! Back from holiday, so here we go!

Bienvenue mon ami. Bon retour dans notre petit groupe. I was just wondering earlier today or maybe it was yesterday what's happened to Arioch? Glad you're back brother.

Late to the party, but I've seen Evoken twice and they absolutely crush live. 10 out of 10 would recommend catching them if you can.

All over the map today:

NP: The Saints - I'm Stranded

Depeche Mode - Violator

Primus - Frizzle Fry

Coheed & Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of the Silent Earth: 3

Mastodon - Leviathan

1 hour ago, Arioch said:

Xoth - Interdimensional Invocations (2019)

Love these dudes. I also need a t-shirt with that album cover. I'd first heard of them as comparable to Vektor. That's sort of on the right track. You just have to follow that line of thinking through. They're riff monsters on this album, and the riffage is worlds away from that Vektor are/were doing; i.e. a lot more single guitar passages with very little harmony. It works for them, though.

3 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Which reminds me, merci to Le Cabbage for the heads up on the God Disease, I'm really digging this. They're from Finland and everything. It only just came out in March but I definitely missed it. Glad you liked the Evoken, and I hope you've got your power back on by now. I know what that's like, we lose ours fairly frequently here in northwestern Jersey with all the trees that fall and bring down power lines every time the fucking wind blows.

It occurs to me now that I'm in death/doom mode here I reallly should take this opportunity to revisit Hooded Menace. Everyone seems to really like that band, I see them mentioned all the time as a pillar of modern death/doom but I've never been able to connect with any of their albums. They're all so painfully slow, I've always found them boring AF.  Maybe I have a window where I might be receptive to them now, let's see.

Hooded Menace - Ossuarium Silhouettes Unhallowed, Finland 2018. Their last two albums have the highest scores on M-A, and I know I never liked their first two records because I bought them when they were new, that's how I know I don't like the band. Right away here in the first song there's some speedier riffage that's not painfully slow at all, and some nice changes with some cool riffs so I think maybe we'll be Ok here and I'll be able to turn the corner on HM finally. On those early albums it always seemed to me like they'd just play one boring slow-ass plodding riff after another and stay on each one without variation for like 5 minutes each til I was ready to fall asleep. This album is much different than how I remember them, it's like they learned how to write good songs now or something. Shit I might even pick this up if the varied riffage continues like this.

I wouldn't fret too much about missing out on stuff. Like you said, it'd be impossible to listen to and mentally catalogue even one fifth of the stuff out there. The whole not liking Hooded Menace kinda throws me, though. Can't lie. There's any number of factors that you can carry into a new (or in this case, sort of older) band. No accounting for taste, though. My friends think I'm insane for disliking a ton of the bands you hear out there these days.

2 hours ago, Nasty_Cabbage said:

I wouldn't fret too much about missing out on stuff. Like you said, it'd be impossible to listen to and mentally catalogue even one fifth of the stuff out there. The whole not liking Hooded Menace kinda throws me, though. Can't lie. There's any number of factors that you can carry into a new (or in this case, sort of older) band. No accounting for taste, though. My friends think I'm insane for disliking a ton of the bands you hear out there these days.

My friends think I'm insane for any one of a number of reasons haha. Not like batshit crazy, just you know, I have my own ideas about things which I'm not afraid to share and often go against the prevaiing winds, and I just don't care what anyone else thinks. The way my mind works I would never think someone's nuts for not liking some music that I happened to like. Because there's enough stuff that I don't like to where I understand you can't just make yourself like something that for whatever reason just hits you the wrong way. There are almost an infinite number of reasons someone might not like something that are personal to them and I don't think it's anyone else's business to question that.

Because we're really just taking about sound waves hitting your ears and how your brain interprets them. I don't feel like we really have that much control over what we don't like and what we're drawn to. We certainly don't have much control over what repulses us. I hate tech and prog and the avant-garde as well as sissy power metal, inane LCD commercial metal and disposable pop music. And there's nothing that's ever gonna change that. It's a visceral reaction, when I say that stuff is cringe, it literally makes me cringe, or at least wince and let out an "ugh" noise. I just assume others have similar reactions to stuff and that's simply their taste. No point in dissecting it or criticizing it if they have no control over it. Same as if someone just doesn't like a certain vegetable or the color purple or chick flicks or bungee jumping or D&D or Star Wars or being handcuffed to the bed or something. We each have crap that we just don't like.

On the other hand I admit to having thoughts like "What do you mean you like XYZ band? They're fucking terrible!" which I know is stupid but I do. Much more likely to question someone's judgement for liking something I hate, than I am if they don't like something that I do. Which is why it never bothers me at all when someone says they don't like stuff that I love. I'm used to people not liking my music, I've even come to expect it most of the time, so it doesn't phase me at all. I get that goat filth is not for everyone. You don't have to like all my music, we can still be friends.

But yet my friends do this to me all the time. I have this one friend in particular Bob that's kinda like Navy in that he prides himself on being open minded and having very broad musical tastes across a multitude of sub-genres both metal and non-metal alike. So he's always hitting me with utter incredulity over not liking stuff that he loves. The main ones we've butted heads on over and over through the years are Rush and Tool. He loves them, I hate them. I don't care that he likes them, that's up to him. But it bugs the shit out of him that I cannot appreciate these bands that he loves. There are plenty of other bands too, dozens of them, he always likes to tell me I'm 'missing out' by being so closed minded. But he can't seem to see my logic that you're not really 'missing out' when it's something you'd hate anyway. Like saying someone's missing out on an ass whooping. I've heard more than enough Rush and Tool to know I hate them, listening to more of them is not going to change anything. The fact that maybe they're unbelievably gifted musicians is completely lost on me. I just don't care about any of that, to me it's completely besides the point. Because I separate superior musicianship from the ability to create music that I want to listen to. Two entirely different skill sets that don't seem to have as high of a correlation as some might think.

So back to Hooded Menace, yeah I think a veil has been lifted. I listened to two of their albums late last night and now 3 more today as I've been alternately typing and talking to the kid. (less than 3 weeks til school starts I can't wait!) I am now prepared to take Hooded Menace out of the can't stand them category and place them into the pretty good category. Not the clit-touching or ninja boner categories which I reserve for the best of the best stuff that I love the most. But they're pretty good. I enjoyed their 2018 album the most, and so far I've been pretty cool with all the rest of them. I've made it back as far as their 2nd album now Never Cross the Dead from 2010. So I guess maybe you could say that I've been judging them too harshly for many years, but you'll be happy to hear I've corrected that mistake now. I'd still stop short of saying I've been 'missing out' because doom is just one of those things I really need to be in the right head space to enjoy. I'm digging these records today, but I'm not gonna run out and buy them all because by next week I might not even give a shit about them anymore haha. I'll probably grab that Ossuarium Silhouettes Unhallowed though because I liked that one the best. And maybe even this Cross the Dead which is much catchier and the riffs more memorable than I had remembered or given it credit for 13 years ago. 

Hooded Menace - Never Cross the Dead, 2010

2 hours ago, Nasty_Cabbage said:

Love these dudes. I also need a t-shirt with that album cover. I'd first heard of them as comparable to Vektor. That's sort of on the right track. You just have to follow that line of thinking through. They're riff monsters on this album, and the riffage is worlds away from that Vektor are/were doing; i.e. a lot more single guitar passages with very little harmony. It works for them, though.

Yes, I think they're excellent too. Their music is complex but accessible at the same time. Not everyone can offer complexity and accessibility at the same time.

Today's top 10 bands I listened: 

Decayed (18)

Blood chalice (12)

Revenge (12)

Inquisition (11)

Iron monkey (9)

Celtic frost (8)

Cro-mags (8)

Graveland (8)

Severed heads (7) electro-industrial

Branikald (5)

I've been concentrating on updating my battle vest for the past few days. That's why I haven't posted much lately. Plus K was at a festival last weekend.

4 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

My friends think I'm insane for any one of a number of reasons haha. Not like batshit crazy, just you know, I have my own ideas about things which I'm not afraid to share and often go against the prevaiing winds, and I just don't care what anyone else thinks. The way my mind works I would never think someone's nuts for not liking some music that I happened to like. Because there's enough stuff that I don't like to where I understand you can't just make yourself like something that for whatever reason just hits you the wrong way. There are almost an infinite number of reasons someone might not like something that are personal to them and I don't think it's anyone else's business to question that.

Because we're really just taking about sound waves hitting your ears and how your brain interprets them. I don't feel like we really have that much control over what we don't like and what we're drawn to. We certainly don't have much control over what repulses us. I hate tech and prog and the avant-garde as well as sissy power metal, inane LCD commercial metal and disposable pop music. And there's nothing that's ever gonna change that. It's a visceral reaction, when I say that stuff is cringe, it literally makes me cringe, or at least wince and let out an "ugh" noise. I just assume others have similar reactions to stuff and that's simply their taste. No point in dissecting it or criticizing it if they have no control over it. Same as if someone just doesn't like a certain vegetable or the color purple or chick flicks or bungee jumping or D&D or Star Wars or being handcuffed to the bed or something. We each have crap that we just don't like.

On the other hand I admit to having thoughts like "What do you mean you like XYZ band? They're fucking terrible!" which I know is stupid but I do. Much more likely to question someone's judgement for liking something I hate, than I am if they don't like something that I do. Which is why it never bothers me at all when someone says they don't like stuff that I love. I'm used to people not liking my music, I've even come to expect it most of the time, so it doesn't phase me at all. I get that goat filth is not for everyone. You don't have to like all my music, we can still be friends.

But yet my friends do this to me all the time. I have this one friend in particular Bob that's kinda like Navy in that he prides himself on being open minded and having very broad musical tastes across a multitude of sub-genres both metal and non-metal alike. So he's always hitting me with utter incredulity over not liking stuff that he loves. The main ones we've butted heads on over and over through the years are Rush and Tool. He loves them, I hate them. I don't care that he likes them, that's up to him. But it bugs the shit out of him that I cannot appreciate these bands that he loves. There are plenty of other bands too, dozens of them, he always likes to tell me I'm 'missing out' by being so closed minded. But he can't seem to see my logic that you're not really 'missing out' when it's something you'd hate anyway. Like saying someone's missing out on an ass whooping. I've heard more than enough Rush and Tool to know I hate them, listening to more of them is not going to change anything. The fact that maybe they're unbelievably gifted musicians is completely lost on me. I just don't care about any of that, to me it's completely besides the point. Because I separate superior musicianship from the ability to create music that I want to listen to. Two entirely different skill sets that don't seem to have as high of a correlation as some might think.

I am now prepared to take Hooded Menace out of the can't stand them category and place them into the pretty good category. Not the clit-touching or ninja boner categories which I reserve for the best of the best stuff that I love the most. But they're pretty good. I enjoyed their 2018 album the most, and so far I've been pretty cool with all the rest of them. I've made it back as far as their 2nd album now Never Cross the Dead from 2010. So I guess maybe you could say that I've been judging them too harshly for many years, but you'll be happy to hear I've corrected that mistake now. I'd still stop short of saying I've been 'missing out' because doom is just one of those things I really need to be in the right head space to enjoy.

Oh God, the evangelical Tool fan. I know him all too well. Even in my thriving years of youth and infinite attention span I could not understand what the hell people were hearing with them. I was given a pretty typical mission once junior year of high school from a friend who told me 'turn on the black light, smoke a ton of the local plant life, and just let the cyclical drum patterns hit you for a whole evening'. Not wanting to seem too closed off or pretentious (I absolutely can come off as conceited in real life. It's one of those social cues I have to keep in mind or I'll remain completely oblivious and end up in some very inhospitable situations just because somebody wanted to talk music with me) I was able to find some time that weekend to take his advice while trying to remain receptive. It just would not take to me nor I to it.

The final nail in the Tool coffin for me was when I realized that I literally could not smoke enough to enjoy them. That is truly saying something for me as a high schooler where I could consume massive quantities of the stuff and enjoy Earth's Earth2 album under the correct circumstances. As I got older and settled down some I really just had to admit I'd completely missed the Tool train and it wasn't going to come around again.

Never had that problem with Rush. I never really minded them, and I genuinely like the 2112 album, but they grew into a very strange style with their aging fanbase that played to their evolving 'adult alternative' sensibilities. To my ears they sounded like more of a made for VH1 'cool uncle' type of band that had all the trappings of rock music with the edges sanded off. Sort of like the way, much to my amusement, Train took the 'best rock' category every year for something like a decade. Like was Nickelback too dangerous for ya? 🤣

It's a little odd though, that for as many bass/baritones of a high caliber as there are in metal. My favorite vocalist in terms of technique, skill, and raw expressiveness would probably be John Arch of Fates Warning, and you can't get a more prototypical testicle squeezing tenor than that.

Also ninja boners are a pain. I need to know that my samurai sack follows the ballshido code. Far less treacherous, but I am happy you were able to extract some joy from Hooded Menace. Now, if you'll pardon me, I have some widdley widdley tech death to attend to.

1 hour ago, Nasty_Cabbage said:

Oh God, the evangelical Tool fan. I know him all too well. Even in my thriving years of youth and infinite attention span I could not understand what the hell people were hearing with them. I was given a pretty typical mission once junior year of high school from a friend who told me 'turn on the black light, smoke a ton of the local plant life, and just let the cyclical drum patterns hit you for a whole evening'. Not wanting to seem too closed off or pretentious (I absolutely can come off as conceited in real life. It's one of those social cues I have to keep in mind or I'll remain completely oblivious and end up in some very inhospitable situations just because somebody wanted to talk music with me) I was able to find some time that weekend to take his advice while trying to remain receptive. It just would not take to me nor I to it.

The final nail in the Tool coffin for me was when I realized that I literally could not smoke enough to enjoy them. That is truly saying something for me as a high schooler where I could consume massive quantities of the stuff and enjoy Earth's Earth2 album under the correct circumstances. As I got older and settled down some I really just had to admit I'd completely missed the Tool train and it wasn't going to come around again.

Never had that problem with Rush. I never really minded them, and I genuinely like the 2112 album, but they grew into a very strange style with their aging fanbase that played to their evolving 'adult alternative' sensibilities. To my ears they sounded like more of a made for VH1 'cool uncle' type of band that had all the trappings of rock music with the edges sanded off. Sort of like the way, much to my amusement, Train took the 'best rock' category every year for something like a decade. Like was Nickelback too dangerous for ya? 🤣

It's a little odd though, that for as many bass/baritones of a high caliber as there are in metal. My favorite vocalist in terms of technique, skill, and raw expressiveness would probably be John Arch of Fates Warning, and you can't get a more prototypical testicle squeezing tenor than that.

Also ninja boners are a pain. I need to know that my samurai sack follows the ballshido code. Far less treacherous, but I am happy you were able to extract some joy from Hooded Menace. Now, if you'll pardon me, I have some widdley widdley tech death to attend to.

I'm a bit older than you so Tool has never been too much on my radar. I was already 35 when Enema came out, and not paying any attention to nu-metal or any of that alternative stuff that got so big in the 90's. I have heard some of their songs on the radio back in the day and I've listened to two full albums just a few years ago to satisfy some Tool lovers in my life that I'm not unfairly criticizing them without even having heard their best stuff. But they describe it as dark and intense and I can't see it that way. To me it just sounds pretty much like all the other 90's BS nu/alternative that I can't stand. They get upset when I call Tool 'nu-metal' and say that just shows how I must not know what nu-metal is. But that's just my catch-all term for all that 90's alternative radio rock crap that people like to insist is metal. I get that they just don't want their beloved Tool lumped in with what they think of as those other inferior bands, but I can't see what it is they think separates them. They're fucking nu-metal, get over it.

My problems with Rush started in my Jr high school days of the mid 70's when the rock press was marketing them as the 2nd coming of Zeppelin. Being a big Zep fan at the tender age of 14 I walked down into town after school one arvo and spent my very limited funds to buy Caress of Steel, only to get it home and discover it sucked. Bummer. Then the following spring still 14 I fell for the marketing and all the glowing reviews once again and bought 2112 which also sucked. I might have liked one song between the two albums, Bastille Day. It was prog rock at a time when I wanted every band to be Black Sabbath. I really wanted every band to be Metallica or Slayer, but I had no way of knowing that yet in 1976 because of course those bands didn't exist yet being that those dudes were only like 12 in '75-'76 when Caress of Steel and 2112 came out. Rush only went downhill from there in my eyes, they became a rock radio staple in the early 80's and one of those bands I always made sure to turn the dial when one of their songs came on because I can't listen to Geddy's voice  for 10 seconds.

But luckily I did discover the Ramones later that year and they became my heavy metal saviors. Because even though they were labeled "punk rock" they were still the fastest heaviest band I knew of in North America at that time. Which is pretty pathetic really when you think about it, but that's the 70's for ya, we had no heavy metal and soft-cock rock ruled the airwaves. I know the Scorpions existed and had records out by '75 - '76 but I didn't discover them til I went away to college in '79. Ditto Motörhead, they had an album out in '77 but I didn't discover them til 1981 when No Sleep Til Hammersmith came out and they got a lot of press on that, supposedly the UK's best kept secret. Priest existed back then in the mid 70's too of course, but I can't stand any of the 70's Priest albums that came before 1978's Hellbent for Leather, and I don't consider any of their stuff to be metal until that point in their career. But I didn't discover them until '79 when Unleashed in the East came out anyway. Maiden existed in '76 as well but didn't get their first album into the stores until 1980. The 70's was a hard decade for a kvlt metalhead to grow up in man.

NP: Necroxifer - Acheron, Chile

Lazarus A.D. - "Black Rivers Flow"

This one is okay, but I don't like it nearly as much as their first album, "The Onslaught", which was fantastic.

Dust Bolt - "Violent Demolition"

Dust Bolt - "Awake the Riot"

Dust Bolt - "Mass Confusion"

Terrific newer thrash band!  Mostly speedy all the way through, although they vary the pace every now and then.  Solid guitar work and excellent vocals befitting of the genre.

Metal Church - "Congregation of Annihilation"

Yep, still spinning this one regularly.  The vocals are perfect!