What's on your mind?

Apoc

Wow. Just... I need a beer or a blunt or fucking something. First. I start messaging this person that says he's a huge metalhead. Ask his favorite bands, Pierce the Veil, Of Mice And Men, Asking Alexandria, and BMTH. So, I make a rant about it on Twitter. Some cunt responds saying the last three are metalcore (old BMTH was shitty metalcore, but that's it). The debate begins. Half of his comments were just insulting me and saying how young I must be while he's acting like a fucking 12 year old. I'm the one that's not resorting to fucking 5th grade insults and actually debating. He uses Wikipedia as his source for the damn genres. Acts like he's a know-it-all, and then when I mention how OM&M and AA both said how they weren't metal and were a different take on rock, he blocked me. As that was progressing, on an app I use, someone started arguing to me that Pierce The Veil is a subgenre of metal. I'm so fucking done with these shithead morons and posers.

Like my morning wasn't already shitty enough due to those fuckheads I mentioned earlier. I finally got some money and was going to start a battle jacket. I found the PERFECT black denim vest at Levi's on sale for just enough for me to afford. Well, guess fucking what, I wear a medium and it only comes in small. Fucking hell. I fell in love with that vest too. The third review down, "THE MOST METAL VEST SINCE SLAYER RELEASED REIGN IN BLOOD".

Re: What's on your mind?

Wow. Just... I need a beer or a blunt or fucking something. First. I start messaging this person that says he's a huge metalhead. Ask his favorite bands, Pierce the Veil, Of Mice And Men, Asking Alexandria, and BMTH. So, I make a rant about it on Twitter. Some cunt responds saying the last three are metalcore (old BMTH was shitty metalcore, but that's it). The debate begins. Half of his comments were just insulting me and saying how young I must be while he's acting like a fucking 12 year old. I'm the one that's not resorting to fucking 5th grade insults and actually debating. He uses Wikipedia as his source for the damn genres. Acts like he's a know-it-all, and then when I mention how OM&M and AA both said how they weren't metal and were a different take on rock, he blocked me. As that was progressing, on an app I use, someone started arguing to me that Pierce The Veil is a subgenre of metal. I'm so fucking done with these shithead morons and posers.
Don't stress about it, if somebody is that retarded, they're not worth your time. People like this will always exist, and letting them get under your skin won't change that. As far as the vest goes, it's all about personalization, so do whatever feels right. I don't dig the patch jacket/vest thing myself, so I don't have any tips. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

According to him, I'm a metal elitist. Even though I tweet about my love for metalcore, deathcore, and some nu-metal, and post songs of the sort, I'm apparently an elitist because I'm knowledgeable. To make it more stressful, he has more respect in the community than me. And I'm really in love with the vest I found. Contacted customer service for information of when it'll be restocked for my size, and if they don't have any or it won't be soon, going to retail stores this weekend to look. I want this vest. I apologize for my shit grammar this morning. I'm not paying much attention nor am I proofreading.

You know, having read some of your posts, you are kind of an elitist, and that's not a bad thing at all. You like what you like, you dislike a bunch of other shit, you listen to enough music to know the differences between what you like and what you don't. Forget about respect in the community. People lash out when they feel threatened, and if this guy is actually lashing out at you, he's got some personal reason for it that most likely has nothing to do with you. Big fucking deal. In the long run he'll just make himself look like a child. Some people never stop behaving like this. Fuck 'em. In regards to your vest, I bet you could find someone to paint it for you, or you could buy some supplies and screen-print it yourself or something.

I'm an elitist to the point where I like the best of the options I have to listen to. I'm not an elitist to the point where I'll insult people for what they listen to. If someone says something is metal when it's not or a genre that it's not, I'll correct them without insulting them. I'll even debate without insulting them. I'm allowed to insult bands made up of posers like Suicide Silence, however. I don't consider anything to be "fake" metal. It's either metal or it isn't. I'll call Suicide Silence metal, but while gritting my teeth. Can you explain how I'm an elitist so I can try not to be one so much? But if someone says they're a giant metalhead when what they listen to isn't even metal nor a mixture with metal in it, I think I have the right to call them a poser. I have been a bit more of an elitist in the past, but I think I've gotten better.

Can you explain how I'm an elitist so I can try not to be one so much?
But if someone says they're a giant metalhead when what they listen to isn't even metal nor a mixture with metal in it' date=' I think I have the right to call them a poser. I have been a bit more of an elitist in the past, but I think I've gotten better.[/quote'] I think you answered your own question. And again, I also don't think being an elitist is a bad thing. I'd take it as a compliment.

Re: What's on your mind?

The word elitist is thrown around as liberally as the word racist. Becoming like the latter, meaningless. However, you do like some crappy non-metal bands that are falsely labeled metal. We've been over this adnasm therefore I won't got into it. :D
Steve does like non-metal bands, but he will typical state that they're not metal bands (have to disagree with him on Suicide Silence though), so I don't see the issue. Is he justified in being annoyed with this guy for calling these bands something they're not? Sure, Steve knows the difference and even likes stuff from both sides, so this guy is just being a douche for no reason. Will debating this clown make him see differently? Not likely, as it sounds like he's been looking at nothing but the inside of his ass for years. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I guess I misunderstood you based on your post earlier in the thread then.
Well, not sure where that leaves us... I don't like shit being called metal nor metalcore when it isn't. If metalcore and nu-metal are metal or not just varies with who you're talking to. And Father Alabaster, the thing was that I never called anyone a poser on twitter. So that part of my elitistism is ruled out. I was being labeled as an elitist simply for knowing my genres.