What's on your mind?

Apoc

Get well Sisa!

I returned earlier today from my trip to France. It was pretty fun and Lille is nice city. One thing though: French beer is awful.

Tonight I went to see Mgla with One Tail, One Head, Misthyrming and Kringa. I was pretty surprised by the great performance from Mgla, especially the new songs were good live. The other bands weren't bad either: One Tail, One Head did a good job, I like to hear more from them in the future. Misthyrming was ok, but could have been way better. The crowd didn't seem to care much about them and the sound was horrible at some points. Though they put a lot of effort in their show.

Get well Sisa!

I returned earlier today from my trip to France. It was pretty fun and Lille is nice city. One thing though: French beer is awful.

Tonight I went to see Mgla with One Tail, One Head, Misthyrming and Kringa. I was pretty surprised by the great performance from Mgla, especially the new songs were good live. The other bands weren't bad either: One Tail, One Head did a good job, I like to hear more from them in the future. Misthyrming was ok, but could have been way better. The crowd didn't seem to care much about them and the sound was horrible at some points. Though they put a lot of effort in their show.

I agree, Mgła was great live. I especially loved how bombastic their drummer was, something about the way that he accentuates his notes brought their live sound together in an unexpected way. It looks kind of funny to see all of those Les Paul Sunbursts against their jet black clothes, hoods, and jackets, but they sound killer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well I was already feeling pretty good about myself thinking that Saturday morning my pilot and I rode the "fast 40s" bunch (the fast people). Turns out we actually rode the "unlimited" bunch (the fastest people). We were partly responsible for splitting the bunch too - turns out only half a dozen others wanted to pull turns at 42km/h into a headwind...

On 12/7/2015 at 0:12 AM, AtTheGates said:

What meds are they?

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 4015X using Tapatalk

Omeprazole Teva. Gastro-resistant capsules. But me and meds don't get on, either they don't work, have an opposite effect or I have about every possible side effect. This one is the latter... They seem to be working though... Just hope I don't have to be on them too long, I was told I could be on them for life, depending what comes from the colonoscopy. Something to look forward to... :(

On topic: I find myself catching feelings (I have to admit it's mostly lust) for an Irish guy I know in England, we have been talking a lot lately on chat and Skype and I am not sure what to do with myself. I know he likes me too and he is far enough away from me to not get in the way of my independence but he is so not metal and I really don't need any guy in my life right now. So I'm confused and don't know if I should stop talking to him or just see where it goes. Doesn't help that I can't think clear because I'm still sick.

1 hour ago, Sisa Belial said:

Omeprazole Teva. Gastro-resistant capsules. But me and meds don't get on, either they don't work, have an opposite effect or I have about every possible side effect. This one is the latter... They seem to be working though... Just hope I don't have to be on them too long, I was told I could be on them for life, depending what comes from the colonoscopy. Something to look forward to... :(

On topic: I find myself catching feelings (I have to admit it's mostly lust) for an Irish guy I know in England, we have been talking a lot lately on chat and Skype and I am not sure what to do with myself. I know he likes me too and he is far enough away from me to not get in the way of my independence but he is so not metal and I really don't need any guy in my life right now. So I'm confused and don't know if I should stop talking to him or just see where it goes. Doesn't help that I can't think clear because I'm still sick.

I don't think you should stop talking to him because it seems like you guys have connected on some level for you to have developed (those type of) feelings. If nothing more serious ever comes about @ least you have a trusted friend to reach out to. Hope you feel better :)

Edit: I am probably the last person that should be giving out any kind of relationship advise so maybe you should just disregard anything I say or do the complete opposite lol

Wow, that sucks about your medication. Best luck to you, I hope you get some good news. 

As far as your guy situation goes, I agree with Mere, doesn't seem like there's any harm in it. There's no need to have the person you're seeing be "metal" IMO. I actually think it's cool that my wife is into different things, it gives me more space to be myself in terms of listening to and writing music. 

Wow, that sucks about your medication. Best luck to you, I hope you get some good news. 

As far as your guy situation goes, I agree with Mere, doesn't seem like there's any harm in it. There's no need to have the person you're seeing be "metal" IMO. I actually think it's cool that my wife is into different things, it gives me more space to be myself in terms of listening to and writing music. 

Could you imagine having metal arguments with your spouse? It gets heated enough on the internet, but if you call your wife a poser for digging the new Job For a Cowboy album and she decides to withhold sex as a "fuck you", nobody wins. I would much rather that my wife just rolls her eyes at me.

31 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Off course he doesn't need to be metal.  i's just that my ex wouldn't let me listen to my music and was always taking my cd's out of stereo to never be seen again, deleting music I had saved in the laptop and leaving my headphones on the floor on purpose so the dogs would eat them. I could only listen to music when he was away (he was unemployed) and every gig I wanted to go to that didn't include him (all metal gigs) would result in war and him not speaking to me for weeks before and after the gig. My band shirts would go 'missing' or he would 'borrow' them to go painting. And when he was drunk my music and appearance was a reason to pick a fight. When I finally got rid of him I promised myself to never let a man try to change me or come between me and my music again. I have actually been avoiding men all together and have refused dates etc for nearly a year (since we split). I know this guy is not my ex and I'm not really comparing them, I'm just terrified to end up with someone who hates my music and won't let me play it. I guess that is one of the main reasons I'm happy he is abroad. It all kinda caught me off guard tbh.

14 minutes ago, Sisa Belial said:
14 minutes ago, Sisa Belial said:

Off course he doesn't need to be metal.  i's just that my ex wouldn't let me listen to my music and was always taking my cd's out of stereo to never be seen again, deleting music I had saved in the laptop and leaving my headphones on the floor on purpose so the dogs would eat them. I could only listen to music when he was away (he was unemployed) and every gig I wanted to go to that didn't include him (all metal gigs) would result in war and him not speaking to me for weeks before and after the gig. My band shirts would go 'missing' or he would 'borrow' them to go painting. And when he was drunk my music and appearance was a reason to pick a fight. When I finally got rid of him I promised myself to never let a man try to change me or come between me and my music again. I have actually been avoiding men all together and have refused dates etc for nearly a year (since we split). I know this guy is not my ex and I'm not really comparing them, I'm just terrified to end up with someone who hates my music and won't let me play it. I guess that is one of the main reasons I'm happy he is abroad. It all kinda caught me off guard tbh.

Honestly I don't think it was your choice in music but the mere fact that he was an abusive a-hole who knew how to "get" to you through those things. It's good to hear that you got away from that situation. I completely understand your apprehensions of feeling vulnerable with opening yourself up to someone else due to not trusting your judgement (in men) or their sincerity but don't change who you are or worry about how high your standards are cause the right person will come along and want to be with you for who you are and everything that comes along with being with you.  

44 minutes ago, BlutAusNerd said:

Could you imagine having metal arguments with your spouse? It gets heated enough on the internet, but if you call your wife a poser for digging the new Job For a Cowboy album and she decides to withhold sex as a "fuck you", nobody wins. I would much rather that my wife just rolls her eyes at me.

LMFAO! I'd rather have metal arguments and listen to metal as much as I do than argue about playing my music at all...

All this talk of single ladies and relationships! Look no further than our very own Relentless Oblivion, young, free and single. Absolute catch! Let's not get into me not being available, let's face it I might be an ageless vampire living out the centuries on the blood of Eastern Europeans but I am monogamous!

Absolutely wrecked with 1 session to go. Also finished learning 'Starbreaker' by Judas Priest so next week I will be starting on 'To Hell & Back' by Venom.

Now unfortunately I have to say what's actually on my mind. I know I have said in the past I was still on good terms with the ex and we would stay friends. I no longer feel this can be the case. She's become less reliable then ever - not only continuing her trend of not talking to me but also alienating many of her other friends. That's not great but whatever. What's bothering me is her screwing around the cycling team. That's simply not on. Members of the team have an obligation to be reliable (i.e not late to training) and to communicate with team co-ordinators regularly (i.e tell people if they can't train). She is not meeting those standards and that isn't good enough. I've also uncovered evidence that the story she told about being attacked is actually an elaborate lie.