What's on your mind?

Apoc

I believe you meant to say precedent Gorbo. Best of luck in both your musical pursuit and your cider making ventures. I've actually come to like those days where the sky is a little grey and there's the chance of drizzle in the air.

No Relentless, I mean to say that I am and always will be "President of Metal". When I reach above 10,000 that will be my title. That or "Ringer of the Silent Bell", I haven't decided.

My drummer friend and I played at a wedding last night, and it went as well as ever we could have hoped. There were about 25 people there at the point that we went up, and we managed to play for around half an hour. Our friends seemed to like it and there was even moshing, so how about that? The guitar player is starting to surface, and I think with the wedding gig behind us now, he will return ready to rock and to roll as well. He says he want to play shows. He ought to be rich by now, the way he has been working, and I hear he wants to purchase some kind of battle ax shaped guitar. Things are going well for the band. I did learn an important lesson last night, if any one is interested. Even if your not planning on doing any vocals bring the PA any way because some goth girl is apt to show up who longs to growl along with the music. She will get her chance at some point.

Have a self-catering "executive apartment" booked for the next 4 weeks in Edinburgh whilst I work up there.  Going to be a nice change actually getting a choice of food at a reasonable price each night with cooking facilities of my own as opposed to up to £25 a night on hotel restaurant food.

Also my car insurance renewal came through and have managed to source cheaper insurance to the tune of £400 a year less than my renewal price and with protected no claims - BOOM!  Finally getting the finances to settle down now after a hectic few months after the move so will be looking to get our European travels booked early in the new year for which ever freezing cold or politically hostile nation we decide to grace our presence with next year.

Also had the awkward moment earlier when I told my gf I wouldn't be travelling to Portugal for her father's wedding.  The man never bothers to even phone her or remembers her birthday but she still wants to go (which I get the whole "only get one dad" argument) but I am a man of my principals and will not be attending.

Had  a bit of a weird month, broke up with my boyfriend from a pretty damn long term relationship.. Everything is just so weird, im actually quite surprised im taking it so well (i ended it), but still.. this image of my future just collapsed. But i try not to think of it much.. if i would stick to that image i would just be lying to the both of us. What hurts the most is thinking how he is going through this.. But i guess its time for a new era in my life and it had to be done. And since it feels good and i really feel no need to "fix things" or try again.. i guess there is no turning back.

Had  a bit of a weird month, broke up with my boyfriend from a pretty damn long term relationship.. Everything is just so weird, im actually quite surprised im taking it so well (i ended it), but still.. this image of my future just collapsed. But i try not to think of it much.. if i would stick to that image i would just be lying to the both of us. What hurts the most is thinking how he is going through this.. But i guess its time for a new era in my life and it had to be done. And since it feels good and i really feel no need to "fix things" or try again.. i guess there is no turning back.

I found myself in a similar position about ten years ago, but I really beat myself up with guilt about having hurt my ex-gf, and it took me years to get over the experience. Definitely the right choice, but I didn't handle it well at all. Sounds like you're doing better than I did. Hope things go well for you. 

Don't feel like I'm getting any of my fitness back. Maybe the repeated injuries have formed a psychological barrier I can't yet push through or maybe I'm just not training hard enough. Either way it's incredibly frustrating. Matters are not helped by my brother constantly hounding me to compete at track nationals in 9 weeks. According to him the experience can only do me good. I, however, don't see how certain humiliating defeat due to a lack of adequate preparation will benefit me in any way. In fact I'm fairly certain such an experience might leave mental scars that would discourage me from persisting with the sport at even a recreational level.

I'm curious about something. Maybe this could be a thread. A question for those who do not choose to list their location on their profile, why don't you? Are you afraid of something? Are you hiding something? Do you think it makes you seem more mysterious? Would it be somehow unsafe for political reasons? Just curious.