What's on your mind?

Apoc

Drop A on that guitar isn't a great idea anyway. Better done on a guitar with a fixed bridge, and really you want a longer scale length, because that's a baritone tuning. I can get away with drop B on my Gibson, but only barely. 

Sounds like you need a different shop, anyway, if the guy can't take the time to put it in the tuning you want. 

That's after him calling me to say it wouldn't take E standard tuning running 12-56 gauge strings no matter what he did but that drop A would be perfect for the guitar. Really I should have known better. I do believe it's time I learn more about the instrument I've chosen to play. Kind of feel like I'm profoundly stupid right now.

Legit didn't know Worship was active. Figured they would have died when the original frongman committed suicide. Do you have ANY idea how fucking hard it is to track down that damn record? To date I've only ever seen tapes and I don't give a fuck how awesome the music is I will not fork over 200 bucks + for a cassette.

I've been working on my personal statement so I had a look to see what help I could find online. Instead I found these...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/11342903/The-worst-UCAS-application-howlers-you-can-make.html

vozudicu.jpg

https://www.studential.com/personal-statement-examples/agriculture-personal-statement

"Eighty percent of success is showing up." I feel this attitude correctly demonstrates my passion for Literature where, indeed, you on;ly have to "turn up" and read the books nto fuly under stand the topic. I was form captain in year 7, indicating my sense of responsibvility. I enjoyed the challenge of my duties which included fetching the register and making people sign up for sports days. Also this year I was voted head girl because I made the most hilarious speech ever. This demonstrates my astonihsing ski;l at creative and persuavive writing. My favourite book is Twilight because of the deep plot and three-dimensional characters. I feel that the series really has some very new to say about society and the current global economy, even though many children who read the book will not understand this this does widen the target audience admirably. I feel my passion for this series will really help me for expending oxbridghe where i will have to have passion for all sorts of things and people. For after all, is passion not an importnat part of university?

When I start a new book I feel like I am forging a new relationship with that book. i begin to learn the language and words and sentences used and it learns about me. the metaphors within it fill me with a kind of ecstacy I experience with nothing else. Slowly the pleasure I experience grows. By the time I reach the novel's climax I feel as if I am the oinly person who has ever known the book in this way, this is the most perfect feeling I have as yet experienced! And, after the climax, I feel almost as if I have been used, a mere vehicl. for the pleasure of reading, yet older and wiser than before.

Last year i did five days work experience at a Macdonalds.This taught me how to handle money and deal with the public both of which I think will be very useful when i study english and have to talk to people and have them buy books off me. I've been intersted in literature since my mother read Shakespear to me in the womb. As such I have always liked Titus Andronicus in particular because of the parallels of being in one's stomach. Also you think I've misspelt Shakespear but that was actually how he spelt it if you look it up so there!

I tried to do the DoE bronze award last year but you have to walk for 15 miles and it's like really hard so I haven't done it yet but I'm going to do it which is an example of my perseverence. Occasioanlly I go dancing which is an art form much like english so I think it compliments it.

"Atticus said you never really know a man until you stand in his shoes and run off with them." This quote aptly expresses my feelings about english books and literature. In particular it shows how you can fully understand an author by taking his words and making them express a part of yourself.in this way literature makes us better human beings, this is why I want to study it.

Sorry, i don't know how to remove the highlighting

JFK, you're a shoe-in. I'm amazed at the quantity and quality of advice available for free online, these days. 

Relentless, it's good to experiment with your guitars. It's not stupid to try new things. It's a shame that your tech doesn't seem very knowledgeable or interested in making sure you get what you want, especially since you can't do the work yourself. I would say (again) that you shouldn't fixate on some particular string gauge, but rather find a range of tunings you want to explore.

From my own experience, 12-56 would be best in D standard on a normal scale length guitar, and very tight in E whether you have a fixed bridge or not. My Gibson is set up a half step below that and I'm using a 12-63 set. Drop A would need a 13 or 14 on top and a 68 or 70 on the bottom to get moderate string tension. D'Addario and DR make baritone sets you could play with. And the reason I think you're better off tuning down with a fixed bridge is that the spring tension adjustments add another layer of complexity to a setup. Everything needs to be in balance, and sometimes (as you found with trying thick strings in E standard), that balance can't be achieved.

Legit didn't know Worship was active. Figured they would have died when the original frongman committed suicide. Do you have ANY idea how fucking hard it is to track down that damn record? To date I've only ever seen tapes and I don't give a fuck how awesome the music is I will not fork over 200 bucks + for a cassette.

They only released that demo before Mad Max jumped off of that bridge. They've done 3 albums since, the latest if which will be dropping shortly. They had copies of Last CD Before Doomsday for sale, so it can't be that hard to come across. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Feel better, Gorbo. I suppose you shouldn't listen to anything too heavy, either. Or maybe just have some whiskey first. 

Maybe this will lighten the mood.

I just wanted to say thanks again for this. My son loves it. He calls it "the silly" and demands to watch "the silly" a few times a day. He also routinely asks me if "the silly" has any body parts that aren't visible on camera, like knees and feet and ears. 

Your boy seems to be developing an interesting taste in music FA. Does he get into Black Harvest at all? I can't remember if you've mentioned that here already.

He does, and asks for it sometimes, but I almost never play it. Hard to hear any of my own music fresh, after the hundreds of hours I've spent writing and recording it.

I just wanted to say thanks again for this. My son loves it. He calls it "the silly" and demands to watch "the silly" a few times a day. He also routinely asks me if "the silly" has any body parts that aren't visible on camera, like knees and feet and ears. 

Wow, I didn't think it was going to have that notable an effect. Good to hear, though! I don't recall if you said he likes Meshuggah (yet) but in any case I do love the idea of him going back through baby videos as a teenager and getting nostalgic over Jens' bellowing.

Really struggling lately. Feeling worse then I have in years at this point and today really hasn't helped. I mean when you're basically told by a step-"parent" that your girlfriend deserves much better then you. That he hopes you come to the realisation that she's difficult to reach at present not because she's flat-out with various commitments but because she must be deliberately ignoring me because I'm such a boring, worthless, person. Yeah that was my morning. I already suffer from confidence and self-esteem issues and I'm getting that? What's worse is I made no effort to even defend myself. How pathetic is that? I had absolutely nothing to say. So yeah I feel pretty awful right now.

When he's around I spend a lot of time in my room. Frankly it's because i don't want to be near him for obvious reasons. He sees this as me simply being lazy and having no ambition in life. He therefore sees it as an easy problem to fix - make me feel worse about myself by ranting and raving about how lazy I am and blah blah blah get a job blah blah blah get out of the house etc. Of course this further reinforces my attitude making things worse, further drops my confidence and self-esteem, and has the opposite effect of basically convincing me there's no point trying because who would want someone like me working for them. Funny thing is before he started up with this crap again I was actually motivated and trying to make shit happen.

The gf and I are trying to get things moving forward again after her life basically got too complicated for her to handle and she tuned out for a couple months. It isn't going smoothly if I'm being totally honest. She's having real trouble of her own at home, to the point she's moved in with her grandparents.

But on a lighter note I'm going to an avent sponsored by my guitar institute on the weekend to have some drinks and get my mosh on.

Ouch. I'm really sorry to hear that, it's terrible news. Had you spent much time with the person? 

Nah they were in the group on my first day two weeks ago and apparently ended up in the inpatient ward last week. He was discharged last Thursday and according to ppl in the group as well as his parents he seemed "happy."  Perhaps that was a sign?  Nobody is going to be happy go lucky when they just got out of an inpatient ward for overdosing on medications.  Come on now.

It is a grey day here in Maine and it promises to rain a little, but I think that I'll bust out the press and make a little cider. It has been a super apple year here. It won't be me who gets Relentless's pizza for fries horns up, so good luck to the rest of you. The drummer I've been playing with and I will casually play a little at a wedding tomorrow. We do not really have a set together or anything, by we have some musical passages to play, so that is how I'm thinking about it. It will set a president anyway.