What's on your mind?

Apoc

Well, one dont have to be a vegetarian to think meat is overrated. Most birds have really nice meat, Some beef could be good if its cooked in the right way. But pork... No, not if i get to choose. Same goes for all type of sheep/lamb ive tried. Never worked for me.
Don't get me wrong, I love vegetables and fruits too, but I could not go without meat. I used to have a similar aversion to pork, but I just hadn't tried it cooked different ways. I'm not a fan of many more popular pork products, like ham, pork chops, I even find bacon to be overrated, but slow cooked pork is the shit. Lamb is another taste that took me a while to acquire, but now I love it. Just like with anything though, you just have to try it a few different ways and keep coming back to it to see how your tastes have changed.

Well i lived with a vegetarian for 6 years, So i still do some food veggie. I prefer chicken over most other type of food really, and im at the time to lazy to actually try alot of things. The biggest problem for me when it comes to meat is that i always want to eat it well done. if i need to chew alot i will most likely puke instead of getting it down.

Well, one dont have to be a vegetarian to think meat is overrated. Most birds have really nice meat, Some beef could be good if its cooked in the right way. But pork... No, not if i get to choose. Same goes for all type of sheep/lamb ive tried. Never worked for me.
true buddy i like chicken as well turkey as well i like fruit as well but the one that brothers cool some peeps are vegertarians but one kind of vegertarians i can'e stand is vegans they prech over and over i'm like shut up

Well i lived with a vegetarian for 6 years, So i still do some food veggie. I prefer chicken over most other type of food really, and im at the time to lazy to actually try alot of things. The biggest problem for me when it comes to meat is that i always want to eat it well done. if i need to chew alot i will most likely puke instead of getting it down.
I can't eat my meat well done, everything should be cooked as little as possible. I would rather taste the meat itself than the cooking mechanism, and when it's cooked well done the flavor is stripped enough that you can only taste the charred outsides and the charcoal/propane.

we have yet to best the Japanese and the Argentinians at making the most tender beef imaginable. We're also not as adept at making fish as Asian or European countries' date=' but our barbecue practices are some of the best uses of pork I've experienced, along with carnitas, kalua pork, and the various tasty sausages made by Central/South Americans, Italians, and Eastern Europeans. This is making me hungry, and I'm realizing just how much I would starve if I were forced into vegetarianism.[/quote'] I'd heard that the Argentinians had a certain yen for cattle so it doesn't surprise me that they cook it well. However, I wasn't insulting all countries - just perfidious Albion. :D I'm not surprised that the best English food is dessert and candy - it's a good way to end a meal on a high note. Anyhow, I know Gyro meat is not American but there's nothing quite like it and I love it. Might even like it better than burgers. So too the US doesn't do sausage, and I'll willfully give the Germans, Italians and Poles primacy with regards to that variety of meat. I tried to do slow cooked pork yesterday but it kinda sucked. My parents liked it but I really wish I could have cooked it some other way to make it a bit more flavorful.

For the Burzum fans out there' date=' iTunes says the new album "Sol Austan, Mani Vestan" is due out May 27, 2013. Yay! :) (I think the title means "East of the Sun, West of the Moon." Hope I got it right! In any case, only four more days! Yipee!)[/quote'] Havent enjoyed any of his latest but interesting anyway. I think your right on the name, it could be ''Sun in the East, Moon in the West'' also. Im not very good at Norwegian. Even thou its pretty close to Swedish.

Everything ! ! ! :P
So you've reached enlightenment then? I think the whole of South East Asia would be grateful for some advice... Darn, I really hope my Redemption shirt arrives today, I was overjoyed to find out that the band sells shirts in the first place. Granted, the one I got didn't have the cover for my favorite album on it, but that's no problem considering I did still really like the album.

Re: What's on your mind?

So you've reached enlightenment then? I think the whole of South East Asia would be grateful for some advice... Darn, I really hope my Redemption shirt arrives today, I was overjoyed to find out that the band sells shirts in the first place. Granted, the one I got didn't have the cover for my favorite album on it, but that's no problem considering I did still really like the album.
Enlightenment is not having all things on your mind or figured out, it's really all about figuring out one thing: how to escape from this false reality to the true existence. There are different paths described for reaching that goal in different beliefs, but few of them revolve around intellect and knowledge. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Enlightenment is not having all things on your mind or figured out' date=' it's really all about figuring out one thing: how to escape from this false reality to the true existence. There are different paths described for reaching that goal in different beliefs, but few of them revolve around intellect and knowledge.[/quote'] I referred specifically to the Buddhist understanding of assimilation into a central consciousness. In temporal existence it is impossible to think about everything at once because the human mind simply can't do that. However, I assume that in an enlightened state it is possible to understand the nature of existence and therefore in some sense everything is on your mind. I understand this is also the end state in Buddhist metaphysics for those that follow the Middle Path.

I referred specifically to the Buddhist understanding of assimilation into a central consciousness. In temporal existence it is impossible to think about everything at once because the human mind simply can't do that. However' date=' I assume that in an enlightened state it is possible to understand the nature of existence and therefore in some sense everything is on your mind. I understand this is also the end state in Buddhist metaphysics for those that follow the Middle Path.[/quote'] Pretty much what I had said. However, once enlightenment was reached, being able to perceive the nature of a flawed existence in its true form seems more than a bit superfluous. According to their metaphysics, enlightenment results in that ascension to central consciousness/divine nothingness/nirvana/Brahman etc..., and after having spent untold time living through pain in multiple physical forms, enlightenment wouldn't be traded for remaining entrenched in the dukha you had escaped from. The Buddha/Bodhisatva is notable in their cause for not only having discovered a path to oneness, but for having chosen to stay to teach others, which few other than the reincarnated Dahli Lama have done, at least according to them.

Pretty much what I had said. However' date=' once enlightenment was reached, being able to perceive the nature of a flawed existence in its true form seems more than a bit superfluous. According to their metaphysics, enlightenment results in that ascension to central consciousness/divine nothingness/nirvana/Brahman etc..., and after having spent untold time living through pain in multiple physical forms, enlightenment wouldn't be traded for remaining entrenched in the dukha you had escaped from. The Buddha/Bodhisatva is notable in their cause for not only having discovered a path to oneness, but for having chosen to stay to teach others, which few other than the reincarnated Dahli Lama have done, at least according to them.[/quote'] So this is not the end state then. Otherwise my joke still stands because one of the idea that central consciousness is achieved. Still, maybe that's not a consideration of 'everything', unless the perception of material is the same as in 'Christian Science', that is to say as an illusion.

it seems to me the Buddhist path mandates acting counter to ones best interests' date=' nirvana can only be achieved through abandonment of the material yet we need the material in order to live in comfort.[/quote'] But that's the whole point. Buddhism rejects comfort because comfort dulls the mind and prevents the given Buddhist from understanding the reality of existence. That's the reasoning behind its rejection of drugs (including nicotine and alcohol). I think most varieties of Buddhism would claim that satisfying someone's natural desires (not their needs) is a good way of distracting them from their duties and otherwise turning them into complacent dullards.