What's on your mind?

Apoc

A friend of mine has eaten Alpaca. According to her they taste like a gamier goat. Another on the to eat list along with buffalo, pidgeon, and pheasant. I'd say ostrich as well but I've eaten emu and imagine the two would be more or less the same. Emu tastes kind of like turkey and whilst I would eat it again there are nicer tasting birds. Duck is a favourite of mine which I will have to cook at home some time.

After a long chat with the girlfriend I've decided to give the relationship one last chance. Hopefully her habit of suddenly not talking for weeks disappears this time.

Relentless, here is a comment for you regarding your relationship about which I know very little. If you have a girlfriend who actually avoids verbal interactions with you for anything over a few days, and on a regular basis I gather, than you have a very substandard relationship on your hands. It is with some trepidation that I suggest you end it, since giving that kind of advice is outside of my comfort zone. You should, rather I mean to say you "might consider" focusing on splitting up with her as pleasantly as you can. I would simply explain to her that you're looking for someone who what to be in touch with you and consistently involved in your life. Don't let this relationship hold the place of romance in your live, it is clearly not working for you. Drop everything you are doing and break up with her now! Do it! Just now I was exercising my capacity to give concrete advice about stuff that is none of my business, you need to decide for yourself obviously.

I'm probably being overly dramatic about it. We're fine 85%-90% of the time which, based on my own life experiences, is pretty good. I've explained how I feel when she isn't in a talkative mood and she's explained that between some family drama and her guide dog training she hasn't really had a lot of spare time. Additionally I haven't been the easiest to reach lately with my own computer issues.

I should clarify that comment actually. The easiest way for us to stay in touch is via facebook's PM system - saves using credit on our phones 'cause we talk for hours and hours normally. When I was sick I couldn't really talk which meant no siri on the iPhone and since I can't really see well enough to text using the keypad that further complicated things.

As promised, some extracts of the interview with My Dying Bride I had.

• My Dying Bride will not celebrate their 25th anniversary in a huge way (online with some shirts), since they aren't an overcommercial band, according to Andrew. Besides, there's no need for a special release or something, because there is a new album coming out anyway.
  • At this moment, their setlist exists mostly of older songs, partly because Calvin is back in the band, but also because Hamish didn't want to play them that much
  • Andrew's ultimate highlight of his career was meeting Dio, Iron Maiden and playing along side Metallica, Kiss and other big bands and also learning from these bands
  • Calvin's highlight is just what he built up from the very beginning, from the moment he picked up his guitar to where he now is and had the feeling that he could change something with MDB's music
  • My Dying Bride has never had really disaster moments, although they may feel like that at the time, like bandmembers who departed (especially when the original guys left)
  • Hamish wasn't really interested in My Dying Bride anymore, he just wanted to focus on Vallenfyre; that's why he left
  • Calvin was the most logical person the replace Hamish, since he was in the band before and stayed good friends through the years
  • They never thought that My Dying Bride could grow so huge with the type of music they are playing
  • My Dying Bride never sets any goals for themselves, because if you can't achieve it in the end, it will only turn out as a big dissapointment
  • When the chose the name My Dying Bride, they had two choices: My Dying Bride and My Dying Child. Obviously, My Dying Child would ne kinda wrong, so they decided to go with MDB. According to Andrew, it's a great name, since it's very poetic and you can write a lot of music which will still fit under that name.
  • The new album will be quite heavy in comparision with the last two, but they wouldn't give away that much on it already.

And now I'm waiting to be called by a Nameless Ghoul of Ghost. Gonna be very interesting, and although I'm a bit nervous for it, I'm pretty excited too.

I know I'm getting old, I'm actually excited and thankful to have an opportunity to go to the dentist today and find out what's wrong with my teeth. :D There's a big, toothy grin.

Whats wrong with your teeth? I have recently had an MRI scan for pituitary tumour which can cause misplaced jaw alignment due to imbalanced hormone production. 

looks like I got drunk and passed out on this page last night.  At least I was thinking of yall, right!? 

Such a Casanova. I bet that's how you talk to all the ladies.  

Whats wrong with your teeth? I have recently had an MRI scan for pituitary tumour which can cause misplaced jaw alignment due to imbalanced hormone production. 

Whoa, that sucks! My problems are just regular old cavities, compounded by some shoddy dental work courtesy of the NYU dental clinic. More evidence that you might, in fact, get what you pay for. I'm happy to know it's not mind-blowingly bad news, but I'll probably lose a tooth since I can't afford a root canal. I'm emotionally prepared. 

Your thing sounds pretty serious, are you OK? 

Root canal sucks....hope you ok FA....Yeh :) i'm ok thanks guys, I first noticed this when I couldn't bite sellotape off with my front teeth anymore, nothing you would notice outwardly,  whilst trying to tape a birthday present  when I always used to be able to and I just happened to mention by chance in my six month dental check up and noticed more when eating ie. biting food, weird really because I  am not one to make a fuss, but it just shows you how relevant any changes in your teeth/bite alignment is important, awaiting results.. bloods seem ok  :) 

It's rare that I hear a band that really sounds huge. The album 'Hero' by Divinefire left a big impression on me as an album that felt quite large; I've had similar experience listening to 'The Crown of Winter' by Forest Stream 'Swallowed by the Ocean's Tide' by Sulphur Aeon, 'Born of Slime' by Slugdge, and the song 'Skylight' by Atoma, but that's all that comes to mind at the moment. I listen to and enjoy Evoken, Abstract Spirit. Paramaecium...I've never quite gotten the same from any of those albums.

Paul Kagame has been legitimately elected to his last two seven-year terms, so he is in fact an elected leader in a country more transparent than Italy. He fits the comparison you're describing, vague as it is. He also happens to be a despot because he has all the power. It's proved significantly worse than having a stable legislature or an independent judiciary.

I also notice you didn't make a counterpoint to my argument, and have instead opted for an ad hominem attack. Neither, for that matter, have you clarified what your argument is in case I didn't understand.

My point is that the UK has a system of government that is much better than having an ultimate leader (which I assumed would be a despot since you said having few people make decisions is just as bad as having one person make decisions - which suggests dictatorship is preferable to oligarchy/fake democracy). You also said that the UK doesn't have democracy, but as I pointed out to jfk pretty much no country has 'democracy' in its strictest sense - it is flat-out impracticable. It's a moot point to complain, since republics with representative government are the closest most countries can get.

I don't doubt there are problems with the UK political system, but I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that it's much, much better than an officially institutionalized oligarchy or a centralized system with all power in one leader. The general point that institutions matter was the one I made concerning Zimbabwe. Even if the institutions are almost totally dysfunctional it's still better than no institutions.

You're still boring on about Rwanda I see. The U.K isn't Rwanda. You're the only person talking about Rwanda as if it's a valid point.

It wasn't an ad hominem attack by any means. More a pattern recognition thing. You responded to a joke I made in a way that fits Asperger's. You make overly long rambling responses, which is also a symptom (I guess that's the best way of describing it) of Asperger's. Lastly you state things nobody wants to know like how you will whack off over the holidays. Nobody wants to know that shit. People with Asperger's state random unwanted things like that. Take it as you like. I was serious with that question.

You're still boring on about Rwanda I see. The U.K isn't Rwanda. You're the only person talking about Rwanda as if it's a valid point.

It wasn't an ad hominem attack by any means. More a pattern recognition thing. You responded to a joke I made in a way that fits Asperger's. You make overly long rambling responses, which is also a symptom (I guess that's the best way of describing it) of Asperger's. Lastly you state things nobody wants to know like how you will whack off over the holidays. Nobody wants to know that shit. People with Asperger's state random unwanted things like that. Take it as you like. I was serious with that question.

Wow, you came back to the forum for that? Butthurt much? Iceni is a political science major, specializing in Africa, so it's no surprise he gave the examples he did. He's also full of good information and thoughtful commentary, even when one might have serious ideological disagreements with him. As far as talking about beating off on the holidays, surely you've been here long enough to know that's part of our general forum humor. For someone who flares up at any perceived criticism, you sure throw a lot of heat.