What Are You Listening To?

khaos

Loudblast - Sensorial Treatment (1989)

On their debut album, Loudblast focus on Kreator/Sodom-inspired thrash, but you can already tell that when the tempo is fast, it never lasts very long. It's something I've always criticised Loudblast for. Even when the band made their second album, Desincarnate, pure Death Metal, there again the blasts were few and far between.

Voight Kampff - More Human than Human (2012)

This is my favourite Thrash/Death band, and on their debut album we're in full BladeRunner mode (the band take their name from the film, by the way). On Substance Rêve, their second album, the musicians of Void Kampff lean more towards Death and their music becomes more complex and progressive. There's not a single misstep from this band - it's all good!

21 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Crucifixion Ritual - Desecration of the Archangels, war metal in the Archgoat vein from the USA. This teaser track is from their new  €3.33, 3 tracks, 10 minute EP which is marvelous but much too short. I'll be keeping my eye out for a full length.

Crucifixion Ritual - Gouging the Eyes of Angelic Purity demo 2021. This was their 10 minute demo. Also primitive but the sound is a bit muddy, the new EP is better.

Certified hazmat grade filthy, and I'm here for it. Might need to throw 'em a buck or two just for recording something that makes a gangrene truck-stop trick pap smear seem hygienic. I'll be looking for a full length as well.

tenor.gif?itemid=11775001

8 hours ago, Arioch said:

Voight Kampff - More Human than Human (2012)

This is my favourite Thrash/Death band, and on their debut album we're in full BladeRunner mode (the band take their name from the film, by the way). On Substance Rêve, their second album, the musicians of Void Kampff lean more towards Death and their music becomes more complex and progressive. There's not a single misstep from this band - it's all good!

Ahem.

Actually one of the few criticisms I could legitimately level at Philip K. Dick would be that his titles are a little off-putting to some. Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said, and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep are particularly unwieldy. 

NP: Falconer - s/t

Falconer (Ultimate Edition) | Falconer (bandcamp.com)

a2164733554_10.jpg

I miss this band so much.

2 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I'm sure if you look real hard you'll be able to find it on your nearest map of Tasmania.

Map Of Tasmania Stickers for Sale | Redbubble

Not everyone has a map of Tassie these days. Some have patterns, some have landing strips, and some go Kojak. But you need to use your manners these days otherwise it's sexual ahrrassment

2 hours ago, AlSymerz said:

Not everyone has a map of Tassie these days. Some have patterns, some have landing strips, and some go Kojak. But you need to use your manners these days otherwise it's sexual ahrrassment

And some just polish up their gooch!

Entombed A.D. - Back To The Front - RIP LG!

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell

Razor - Violent Restitution

Testament - The Ritual

Toxic Holocaust - Chemistry of Consciousness

Toxic Holocaust - An Overdose of Death

17 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Can I ask you a question Monsieur? As it happens one of my exes' late father Rene was originally from Bretagne. Born in 1941, came across in the late 1950's and lived in the states for 50 years but never lost the thick accent. He and all his sisters always made such a big deal out of not just being French, but about being Bretagne. 

I don't understand moving from France to USA.  In fact I can't understand moving anywhere from Europe to USA or Australia.  My parents came here because my stupid father was a "grass is always greener over the other side of the fence" kind of fuckwit moron (hint: it never was and we moved all the fucking time - I'd been to 7 different schools by Grade 6) and my mother was a psychopath who never made a decision of her own (except to beat and psychologically torment her children).

Anyhow - I miss Europe's culture, it's architecture, it's food and it's historical relevance.  I miss being able to have an interesting conversation on politics or culture or philosophy.  Living in Australia is like living in a giant McDonalds - comfy, predictable, plastic, inoffensive and totally lacking in sophistication or nuance.

Alas I am too broke, too heavily indebted and have too many family commitments to make any kind of change northward.  :( 

Reward for a Dead Man - "Dig"

My goodness, what a step up from their self-titled album!  That album was really good, but this one is on another level entirely.  Fantastic mix of southern/groove and hardcore.  The vocals shift seamlessly from a menacing snarl to melodic cleans, although they're mostly unclean on the album as a whole.  Highly recommended! 

1 hour ago, Dead1 said:

I don't understand moving from France to USA. 

As I said he was born in Bretagne in 1941. Came here to NY when he turned 18, following several of his older brothers and sisters. Don't know if you might've heard but they had a big war over there in the 1940's, it was terrible. Post war France (like much of Europe) was fucked up. He was from a small farm in the middle of nowhere. One of about 10 siblings they had nothing and no prospects. They came here like millions of other European immigrants before them in the late 19th and 20th centuries back when America was known as the land of opportunity. The US took in 20 million European immigrants from 1880 to 1920. After WWII when immigration to Europeans was opened up again they came seeking better lives because our economy was booming and they were starving at home. And they still come here by the thousands, although nowadays most of them are coming from the UK, Germany, Poland, Russia, Ukraine and Italy. 44% of our European immigrants were from Eastern Europe as of 2016. Which makes sense because nowadays northern and western and even southern Europe have better living conditions than we do. But that was not the case in the 1950's. 

3 hours ago, AlSymerz said:

Not everyone has a map of Tassie these days. Some have patterns, some have landing strips, and some go Kojak. 

That's always been an absolute no exceptions under any circumstances deal breaker for me. No Kojaks, no landing strips allowed unless you're having surgery or something. I believe it was Axl Rose who once said "Welcome to the Jungle." In my world everyone was required to sport a map of Tassie. Which wasn't generally a problem for me because for people of my generation that was always the norm.

Of course in more recent decades it's not the norm anymore starting with I guess Gen-Xers, people born 1980 and later. But you might be surprised to learn that it's really not that hard to talk Gen-Xers and Millennials out of depilation as many wimminz despise having to shave to begin with anyway. I've always hated shaving myself which is why I've mostly always worn a beard since I was 17.

Of course at this point it matters not because I'm old and done with "dating" now, and going forward I would never agree to any kind of a cohabitation situation for any amount of money. Can't put a price on the peace I've found in being a bachelor. Until my most recent wife died in 2017 I hadn't ever been 'single' for more than a few months at a time in over 30 years. If I would have known how much more I enjoy being single and living alone over cohabitation I would have opted for this bachelor business decades ago.

NP: Mortuarial Avshy - Dissonant Path (The First Two Proclamations of Hate) (Compilation) Chilean black

49 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

As I said he was born in Bretagne in 1941. Came here to NY when he turned 18, following several of his older brothers and sisters. Don't know if you might've heard but they had a big war over there in the 1940's, it was terrible. Post war France (like much of Europe) was fucked up. He was from a small farm in the middle of nowhere. One of about 10 siblings they had nothing and no prospects. They came here like millions of other European immigrants before them in the late 19th and 20th centuries back when America was known as the land of opportunity. The US took in 20 million European immigrants from 1880 to 1920. After WWII when immigration to Europeans was opened up again they came seeking better lives because our economy was booming and they were starving at home. And they still come here by the thousands, although nowadays most of them are coming from the UK, Germany, Poland, Russia, Ukraine and Italy. 44% of our European immigrants were from Eastern Europe as of 2016. Which makes sense because nowadays northern and western and even southern Europe have better living conditions than we do. But that was not the case in the 1950's. 

I am aware of history and probably much more than you as history is my jam.

And I am aware France was undergoing some major issues in the late 1950s-early 1960s due to war in Algeria leading to an attempted coup in 1961.  I can also understand eastern Europe because it is still shit in those countries (and they can't blame communism anymore cause that hasn't been a thing for 30 years) and they're all scurrying to get out (hence Bulgaria is facing demographic collapse and few others are not far behind).

Mind you young people immigrating somewhere for an easier ride just condemns their own society to ongoing failure.

But still I don't get moving out of western European countries since the 1970s.

I think the delusions sold by Hollywood still play a major role.  Even today most American movies and TV shows show America as some kind of upper middle class paradise. 

54 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

If I would have known how much more I enjoy being single and living alone over cohabitation I would have opted for this bachelor business decades ago.

I can agree in part. I don't mind the peace of being alone around this place, even the missus cutting back to casual hours has interrupted my daily peace, but I'm long over extended periods of peace. I spent more than enough hours, days, and weeks alone in the cabin of a truck when I was younger that I got over my own company for extended periods.

But living with my missus isn't anything like what so many other blokes claim married life is like. My missus and I still like each other, we rarely argue, neither of us worries about shit like housework or the lack there of. Hardly a day goes by that one of us doesn't do something silly and make the other one laugh. But at the same time we also know when to walk away from each other so as not to get pissed off.

NP : Dieth - To Hell And Back

50 minutes ago, Dead1 said:

I am aware of history and probably much more than you as history is my jam.

And I am aware France was undergoing some major issues in the late 1950s-early 1960s due to war in Algeria leading to an attempted coup in 1961.  I can also understand eastern Europe because it is still shit in those countries (and they can't blame communism anymore cause that hasn't been a thing for 30 years) and they're all scurrying to get out (hence Bulgaria is facing demographic collapse and few others are not far behind).

Mind you young people immigrating somewhere for an easier ride just condemns their own society to ongoing failure.

But still I don't get moving out of western European countries since the 1970s.

I think the delusions sold by Hollywood still play a major role. Even today most American movies and TV shows show America as some kind of upper middle class paradise. 

Well it is that upper middle class paradise here for millions of people. They're not just shitting you when they say we are the wealthiest country. But we also have a huge and growing underclass of poverty and the working poor here as well as the wealth and income gaps between the haves and the have nots continue to grow farther apart. But movies and TV are about escapism and the suspension of disbelief, so they aren't going to focus on the people who are struggling. They want to portray the American ideal.

My Kiwi wife got suckered in by Hollywood and how it romanticizes New York. She was over the moon to be coming to NY. Then she got here and realized that what Hollywood was feeding her wasn't reality for most people and she hated how crowded and how dirty it was here. Coming from suburban Auckland, Brown's Bay to be exact, she was not prepared for so many millions of people all in one place. So when the kid was 2 we packed up our shit and left. 

As far as emmigration condemning those they leave behind to 'ongoing failure' or lifetimes of poverty and squalor, all I can say is it's funny how one's priorities change when you're hungry and starving and have no hope. If your life is misery and you can find a way out then you go. Fuck society, I want to put some food in my belly today.

Over here it's young people leaving the stagnant rural and suburban areas they grew up in and heading for the big metropolitan areas. But your average working class Americans don't generally think in terms of leaving the country (other than via joining the millitary) because we're very Amero-centric over here. Millions of people in this country haven't ever been 100 miles from where they grew up. Millions of Americans have no concept of and no care for what happens in the rest of the civilized world. Their mantra: America, love it or leave it.

Yes I'm well aware you know your history sir. My sarcasm was just sarcasm. I'm a smart-ass by nature I can't help it.

1 hour ago, AlSymerz said:

I can agree in part. I don't mind the peace of being alone around this place, even the missus cutting back to casual hours has interrupted my daily peace, but I'm long over extended periods of peace. I spent more than enough hours, days, and weeks alone in the cabin of a truck when I was younger that I got over my own company for extended periods.

But living with my missus isn't anything like what so many other blokes claim married life is like. My missus and I still like each other, we rarely argue, neither of us worries about shit like housework or the lack there of. Hardly a day goes by that one of us doesn't do something silly and make the other one laugh. But at the same time we also know when to walk away from each other so as not to get pissed off.

I'm obviously more introverted than you, I thought being alone in the truck 24/7 was perfect. I miss it sometimes. I don't really understand loneliness, I prefer to be alone 95% of the time, I don't get lonely. Horny maybe, but never lonely. I wouldn't have pursued all those monogamous long-term relationships one after another the way I did all those years except for that in my younger years I was to some extent a slave to my libido and I wanted to have the source of my bedroom fun secured, or under contract as it were, so that I wouldn't have to work all day long and then have to go out in search of potential bed partners at night. Too much work, I'm tired, I just want to relax and listen to my music at night. Thing is now in my od age I realize in retrospect that the seggs always dries up after a year or two or whenever the kids come along. Being in a relationship (especially when you're legally married which I've done twice) with a wumman whom you're not being intimate with is an absolute living hell to me, I feel trapped. And if that's the only reason I was in that marriage or cohabitation situation to begin with (and being honest it basically was) then I finally realized I should probably just get the hell out of there and go live by myself and stop chasing wimminz. Now I only have the 9 year old to argue with, but that's no biggie because I'm bigger than him and I have the power to send him off to bed.

4 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

As far as emmigration condemning those they leave behind to 'ongoing failure' or lifetimes of poverty and squalor, all I can say is it's funny how one's priorities change when you're hungry and starving and have no hope. If your life is misery and you can find a way out then you go. Fuck society, I want to put some food in my belly today.

Most immigrants aren't starving and have no hope especially from eastern Europe but even third world (eg all the Indian doctors and other professionals at my work).  Poor starving peasants seldom have the resources to apply for a visa or are able to afford a plane tickets.

Between 1991 and 2000 Croatia's population shrunk by 200,000 (4%) despite a massive brutal war going on between 1991 and 1995.

Between 2000 and 2023 Croatia's population shrunk by 500,0000 (10%) of population despite the country not only having peace but joining the EU.  Oh and that rate is accelerating.

See in Croatia, the youth think, "why work for 1000 Euro in Croatia, when I can work for $4,000 Euro in Germany?"

It's a vicious cycle too - as young people leave, birth rates fall which means fewer young people.  Country's becoming a nursing home.

Same applies for Bulgaria, Albania, Slovenia, Latvia, Romania, Estonia, Lithuania etc.  Only Czechia, Poland and Slovakia maintained populations.    They got rid of Communism so their kids could abandon these countries and move to Germany.  It's almost hilarious.

"Yes I've got freedom.  Now I will use that freedom to fuck off somewhere else."

My favourite one is Bosnia where over one period of time they trained around 5,000 new nurses and doctors and nearly all of them left for western Europe.  Net gain for wealthy Germany: 5000 medical professionals whose training was paid for by impoverished Bosnia.

Little wonder most Eastern European countries have actually not achieved that much since 1991.  They're being abandoned by their brightest and best.

By the way I am in Tasmania where we have the same problems.  Most of the young fuck off to the mainland and no they're not starving and lacking hope.  We spend millions training people who fuck off to the mainland.  And from the mainland we get impoverished pensioners who can't afford to live in the big cities

It's typical human self destructive behaviour.  To enrich themselves your average human is willing to let the world burn.

Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine

2 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I'm obviously more introverted than you, I thought being alone in the truck 24/7 was perfect. I miss it sometimes. I don't really understand loneliness, I prefer to be alone 95% of the time, I don't get lonely. Horny maybe, but never lonely. I wouldn't have pursued all those monogamous long-term relationships one after another the way I did all those years except for that in my younger years I was to some extent a slave to my libido and I wanted to have the source of my bedroom fun secured, or under contract as it were, so that I wouldn't have to work all day long and then have to go out in search of potential bed partners at night. Too much work, I'm tired, I just want to relax and listen to my music at night. Thing is now in my od age I realize in retrospect that the seggs always dries up after a year or two or whenever the kids come along. Being in a relationship (especially when you're legally married which I've done twice) with a wumman whom you're not being intimate with is an absolute living hell to me, I feel trapped. And if that's the only reason I was in that marriage or cohabitation situation to begin with (and being honest it basically was) then I finally realized I should probably just get the hell out of there and go live by myself and stop chasing wimminz. Now I only have the 9 year old to argue with, but that's no biggie because I'm bigger than him and I have the power to send him off to bed.

For me alone in the truck was completely different to alone in the house, or in the shed. I can spend all day in the shed and not speak to another soul. I can spend an entire month without leaving the front gate and not feel anything. But in the truck I was never truly alone despite being the only one in the cabin. 10 hours of darkness with nothing but straight road, occasional headlights, kamikaze wildlife and the voices in the head can be entertaining, but not always.