List your very Own Big 4 Thrash Acts

Valfar

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: List your very Own Big 4 Thrash Acts Hi! For first nice that i found this page thru FB but were to start i must say Megadeth, Anthrax, Metallica was so good at Ullevi (big4) i have loved them for 30 years and they still rocks. It took this old mother to catch all energy back 48 hours at least. I was headbaning my head it neaded to heal in a banderole. "Bang that head who dosen´t bang" it is hard to be on the first 2 hundred after all thise years i still rock. .roflamo. No complains..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Re: List your very Own Big 4 Thrash Acts

Vio-Lence Testament Kreator Nuclear Assault Worthy of mention: newbies HAVOK. Bad ass. http://www.outliar.com http://www.facebook.com/outliarmetal Outliar debut record now available - Provoked To Anger \m/
I don't think Testament has any place on a top tier thrash list, but the others are all good. Nuclear Assault would probably be my favorite of your pics, with Survive being their best IMO.

Re: List your very Own Big 4 Thrash Acts Nice list. Saw Overkill on 70000 tons cruise in January. I LOVE Ironbound. Great record, in my book. Sepultura - Beneath The Remains is one of my faves....Inner Self, Primitive Future, etc. Just all KICK ASS stuff for sure. Vio-Lence tops my list. PRIMO STUFF. If you are in the mood to check out my band, go here: www.outliar.com www.facebook.com/outliarmetal Although we aren't full blown thrash, most of my riffs are thrash inspired. Has some Pantera/Machine Head/Lamb Of God stylings to it.... THRASH!

Re: List your very Own Big 4 Thrash Acts Overkill is finally coming back to my state in April, I haven't seen them since they were on Gigantour, but they were outstanding, definitely one of the most energetic live bands ever. My pick for Sepultura's best is Schizophrenia, the riffs are just a bit more insane and not quite as polished, which appeals to me a bit more than BtR's cleaner approach.

Re: List your very Own Big 4 Thrash Acts Definitely catch Overkill - they should be with Diamond Plate too, right? They kick ass. Def check them out. I'd like to hit the show in VA, but it's a good drive. We'll see. Schizophrenia has Troops Of Doom which is fucking supreme, so good call there. Who are your top 5 thrash bands of all time?

Definitely catch Overkill - they should be with Diamond Plate too, right? They kick ass. Def check them out. I'd like to hit the show in VA, but it's a good drive. We'll see. Schizophrenia has Troops Of Doom which is fucking supreme, so good call there. Who are your top 5 thrash bands of all time?
I think the re-recording of Troops of Doom from the debut is a bonus track on Schizophrenia, but my favorite tracks on that album are From the Past Come the Storms, Rest In Pain, and the instrumental Inquisition Symphony. Haven't heard Diamond Plate, but very few modern thrash acts are worth more than an eye roll, so I'm skeptical. As far as top 5 thrash bands, that's kind of a tough call. There are some bands that have released 1 or 2 masterpieces, and other bands that have released a high number of excellent albums, so it would be hard to pick from the two group. A list of your top 10 favorite thrash albums would definitely be an easier task...

Re: List your very Own Big 4 Thrash Acts well if we're gonna go down the road of top ten fave thrash albums mine are (in no particular order) Megadeth - Rust In Peace Slayer - Hell Awaits Exodus - Bonded By Blood Testament - The Legacy Sepultura - Schizophrenia Anthrax - Among The Living Metallica - ...And Justice For All Overkill - The Years Of Decay (more because it was the first Overkill album I heard then anything else because I think all their albums are brilliant) Vio-lence - Oppressing The Masses Coroner - Punishment For Decadence (I'm willing to concede there are better thrash albums out there but those are my personal favourites)

Re: List your very Own Big 4 Thrash Acts I feel like you stole my list! I've always thought The Years Of Decay was their best. Elimination fucking rules. Always has. Eternal Nightmare over Oppressing The Masses for me, but I love OTM just the same. Fatter, chunkier riffs - Subterfuge comes to mind first. World In A World, of course is awesome. I need to put some time into this list but I totally agree on The Legacy as well. Killer list.

I think the re-recording of Troops of Doom from the debut is a bonus track on Schizophrenia, but my favorite tracks on that album are From the Past Come the Storms, Rest In Pain, and the instrumental Inquisition Symphony. Haven't heard Diamond Plate, but very few modern thrash acts are worth more than an eye roll, so I'm skeptical. As far as top 5 thrash bands, that's kind of a tough call. There are some bands that have released 1 or 2 masterpieces, and other bands that have released a high number of excellent albums, so it would be hard to pick from the two group. A list of your top 10 favorite thrash albums would definitely be an easier task...
I'm with you on the new thrash revival, but two bands stick out for me that I think are worthy of repeated listens: HAVOK (the best of the bunch, in my book) Diamond Plate - the record isn't as fantastic as they are live. I assure you if you saw them live, you would agree. Keep an eye on their sophomore release. I can't imagine a let down. Technically sound - covered Into The Pit on the 70000 tons cruise and it was note for note PERFECT. Need to start a thread on greatest thrash guitarists...stay tuned....\m/

well if we're gonna go down the road of top ten fave thrash albums mine are (in no particular order) Megadeth - Rust In Peace Slayer - Hell Awaits Exodus - Bonded By Blood Testament - The Legacy Sepultura - Schizophrenia Anthrax - Among The Living Metallica - ...And Justice For All Overkill - The Years Of Decay (more because it was the first Overkill album I heard then anything else because I think all their albums are brilliant) Vio-lence - Oppressing The Masses Coroner - Punishment For Decadence (I'm willing to concede there are better thrash albums out there but those are my personal favourites)
Mine would probably look something like this, but not necessarily in this order (no black/thrash or death/thrash included): Coroner - Punishment For Decadence Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death Sabbat - Dreamweaver Voivod - Killing Technology Dark Angel - Darkness Descends Slayer - Hell Awaits Razor - Violent Restitution Exodus - Fabulous Disaster Overkill - Horrorscope Sepultura - Schizophrenia

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...