What Are You Listening To?

khaos

29 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Have you really not figured out what post-metal is by now? Not even an inkling? I don't care for it, and I agree it's a stupid stupid name for a sub-genre, but it exists and surely you must have come across some somewhere by now. Weren't you the dude who listened along to all Doc's postings for a week or two a couple of months back? I'm sure there would have been some post-metal in there amonst those eclectic combination of albums, it's one of his favorite sub-genres. 

No I haven't. But I also haven't given any thought to it. I've heard the term mentioned. I saw Doc copping some flak for it the other day but I never bothered to try and connect the term to any particular band.

I did listen to Doc's stuff but I didn't bother classing it or trying to put it in a genre. I listened to it, made up my mind whether I liked it and then decided if I wanted to hear it again.

I'm not saying I haven't come across post metal I just don't know what it is.

13 hours ago, Arioch said:

I've got one for you, a review of The Unknown if you're interested: https://metalobs.com/evile-the-unknown/

As it's in French, I'm posting a translation of the DeePL review here:

"Hell Unleashed may not have been able to be properly defended live in 2021 by Evile (like many other albums released during the covid-19 period), but it was unanimously acclaimed by fans and the media alike, and we at Metal Obs found it simply divine! A pure thrash slaughter of the kind that's sometimes rare these days, except in the current crossover thrash revival wave that many young bands are jumping on... Its main composer, lyricist and founder, Oliver Drake, was confident about this album despite a brand new line-up. Barely two years on, and wanting to strike while the iron's hot, he's trying to move quickly here on a sixth studio opus entitled The Unknown. And generally speaking, we tend to say that after several releases, each new recording is in some way a reaction to the previous one. And as soon as you listen to the first single, 'The Unknown', you realise that this is the case: the British artist has slowed down the pace, the aggression of the guitars and above all his vocals, in order to add more melody. The tone seems calmer, more circumspect, but also more melancholy through OL Drake's melody and lyrics. Musically, Evile seem to be leaning more towards the heavy than the thrash here, which is a real contrast to a single like 'The Thing (1982)' released two years ago on the terrible Hell Unleashed...

Mind you, the guitarist/vocalist's compositions are solid and well-crafted, but let's just say that this may seem a little surprising at first, especially as this tendency towards a clear slowing down and less aggression in favour of melody, over a slow, very heavy rhythm, is confirmed in the following songs: 'The Mask We Wear', with its interesting, contemplative, almost philosophical lyrics. There's a lot of introspection here. And 'Monolith' bears witness to this evolution towards systematic mid-tempo and extremely heavy riffs. The backing vocals are a welcome addition to OL Drake's voice, which has undergone a great deal of work on this new album. But the small problem is that it drags, and gives the album a false rhythm. You have to get past 'When Mortal Coils Shed' and its pretty melody to get down to serious, speedy stuff, but we're already halfway through the album. In fact, on 'Sleepless Eyes', OL Drake and Evile finally let their horses go and for a while abandon Annihilator-style heavy/thrash for Xentrix-style speed/thrash, or rather Exodus, old Metallica and Forbidden. It's about time, because we were getting a bit bored, even if the first four tracks of the album are, once again, very well made, it just didn't take off and lacked a bit of variety and dynamism until now. Right after that, 'Out Of Sight' will appeal to all fans of the genre, with its 1980s influences and catchy chorus that will make any normal thrasher headbang. A little further on, 'Reap What You Sow' is just as thrashy and more disturbing, albeit a little slower. It's a song about the ills of modern society, about dysfunction and regular street clashes, just as they were not so long ago in France at the start of the summer. It's nothing out of the ordinary here, just the usual thrash metal themes and demands since it first appeared in the 80s.

But a more versatile and varied song like "At Mirror's Speech" takes us back to the trend started at the beginning of the album, with a more mid-tempo rhythm and heavier, more sedate vocals, but still somewhere between melancholy and anger. "Balance Of Time', at the end of the album, also gets the job done with the 80s feel so dear to OL Drake, without tiring the listener. As for the guitar solos, you're in for a treat if you like shredding, but let's just say that the leads seem simpler and more sedate, even if the technical level remains high. Brevity is the order of the day here, as OL Drake has sought to simplify the impact of his songs. Overall, these ten new thrash commandments from Evile are all very good, and superbly produced (recording took place at Longwave Studios in Cardiff, Wales, with Chris Clancy (Kataklysm, Overkill, Machine Head, and his band Invictus). Perhaps a different track-listing would have allowed a greater appreciation of the contours of The Unknown, with a different, more balanced order (four slow, heavy tracks in the first half can quickly bore listeners waiting for speed/thrash accelerations), and above all one or two more daring, more original songs, or let's say less repetitive in their rhythm and vocals, would have been judicious.

All in all, this sixth studio bomb needs to be listened to carefully and slowly to fully appreciate every detail and melody. It does, however, mark a slight halt in Evile's aggression and evil side, which predominated in our English band until Hell Unleashed. What's more, the new artwork by Eliran Kantor (Kreator, Hatebreed, Soulfly, Loudblast...) is totally different from its predecessor. Now the question is: is this a short-term trend, just a passing need in reaction to the previous album, or is it a natural evolution that will be developed over the long term and risk losing some die hard fans waiting for more thrills. Alternatively, when it comes to European thrash, they can always fall back on Poison Chalice, the latest Legion Of The Damned (album of the month for June in Metal Obs, May-August 2023), or the next Sodom..."

Interesting review!  Thanks for sharing!  

It sounds like a fairly positive review, all things considered.  It acknowledges the change in sound, and it does criticize the order of the tracks to some degree.  But overall, it sounds like a recommended listen.  It sounds like they have taken a bit of a similar path as Metallica did all those years ago, by switching up from straightforward thrash to just plain heavy metal.  And that's not necessarily a bad thing, as I quite enjoy these last 3 Metallica albums now.  

I'll give "The Unknown" some more listens with an open mind.

1 hour ago, JamesT said:

It sounds like a fairly positive review, all things considered.  It acknowledges the change in sound, and it does criticize the order of the tracks to some degree.  But overall, it sounds like a recommended listen.  It sounds like they have taken a bit of a similar path as Metallica did all those years ago, by switching up from straightforward thrash to just plain heavy metal.  And that's not necessarily a bad thing, as I quite enjoy these last 3 Metallica albums now.  

I'll give "The Unknown" some more listens with an open mind.

I know you didn't ask me JT, but I went and had myself a wee little listen to this new Evile album. Very little, just a couple of small portions of the first track, maybe a minute total, and what struck me immediately was how hard they're trying to sound like Metallica. Very much the same impression I had when I randomly checked out Avenged Sevenfold a few months ago just to see what they're about. It's quite clear to me they're both openly and actively trying to sound like Metallica. And not 80's Metallica either, but 90's/00's.

Now obviously guys like you and I are naturally going to disagree on whether that's a good thing or not. Predictably I hate all their music since Justice obviously whereas you just said you enjoy the 3 most recent Metallica offernings. I'm not gonna argue taste with you here, but I wil give you my take on this Evile situation. Which is: whatever you may think of their music, wouldn't one Metallica in this world already be more than enough?

2 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Southern rock is the only American music we had back then in the 70's that rocked hard. All the hardest rocking guitar bands back then in the mid-late 70's were from the UK. All we had over here was a ton of lame radio rock bulllshit and then southern rock and a few northern bands like Aerosmith and Ted Nugent who don't sound too exciting now, but we thought they rocked pretty hard for 1975.

I look at bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet as the American counterparts to AC/DC and Rose Tattoo. Straight-forward no-frills hard rocking barroom bands with 3 guitar players and lots of guitar solos. What's not to like? Not liking ZZ Top, Skynyrd & Hatchet is the 1970's US eqivalent to not liking AC/DC and Rose Tatto in Oz, or not liking Motorhead or Thin Lizzy in the UK. I'm sure there are some people in each country who didn't like any of those bands, but I dismiss them as irrelevant, pretentious, know-nothings who probably walk around with sticks up their asses.

And sure, of course I would rather have been listening to metal in the '70's, but it hadn't been invented yet. So what was a poor teenage headbanger supposed to do? Sabbath was my favorite band back then because they were about as close as you could get to "metal" at that time. No other band was even remotely close to being "metal" in the 70's, but you can't just listen to one band all the time. Southern rock and later punk rock were the only things that kept me sane until metal arrived to save the day. 

Have you really not figured out what post-metal is by now? Not even an inkling? I don't care for it, and I agree it's a stupid stupid name for a sub-genre, but it exists and surely you must have come across some somewhere by now. Weren't you the dude who listened along to all Doc's postings for a week or two a couple of months back? I'm sure there would have been some post-metal in there amonst those eclectic combination of albums, it's one of his favorite sub-genres. 

ZZ Top - Tejas 1976, The American AC/DC. Or maybe the American Thin Lizzy.

What if I like both Skynyrd and Pelican? Must I walk the path of the shunned?

Many people think some European bands like Graveyard do southern rock better than most American bands nowadays, but the fact that the genre is seen as old hat now kind of obfuscates a real understanding of just how fast or slowly musical trends moved back in the day. You could argue that music had been a commodified industry that had been moving away from live performances since the big band jazz era, but it's important to consider that even with the advent of radio and rapid commodification of recorded single performances it took some time for musical trends to hit different regions. There was also a significant renewed interest in folk music both stateside and overseas that's sometimes fairly and sometimes unfairly lumped in with the broader "hippie" cultural trends. Southern rock, though it had it's hand in the burgeoning demand for newer louder more distorted hard rock also had it's roots in some of the blues and by extension folk music traditions that the largely Irish, Slavic, and Nordic immigrants who settled the appalachian region brought with them. Because of the marrying of these influences the particular strain of rock'n'roll that would eventually be classified as "southern" or "blues rock" (even though almost all forms of rock music are rooted in blues) found itself coming into maturity at precisely the right time for a huge part of the country to be very receptive to it, and allowing it to grow in popularity very quickly.

This is speaking in very broad generalized terms of course since it would be nearly impossible to factor in the millions of genetic strands that lead to rock being what it was culturally, but really what I'm saying is that I definitely believe you when you say that southern rock was some of the "heaviest" stuff available to you.

It's also worth noting that for as often as music has served as a general indicator of commonalities in taste across regions, it has just as often indicated a divide. Just as an anecdotal example for myself I remember very distinctly being very young and seeing an Elvis Costello video on television, and reacting to it with a kind of disdain. I didn't get it, and I'd heard the name bandied around as being "pioneering" and a leader in "20'th century music", and some critic I'd seen had even called him a genius before I'd ever heard a note of his music. Of course I asked one of the adults around me and they said it was "uppity New York music for uppity rich New Yorkers". This was really strange to me since prior to that I'd never really thought about music being indicative not just of a region from which it originated, but of an attitude or general characterization of the region itself. It's odd to think about now since, having had neither a cosmopolitan nor a rural upbringing I still easily had the most experience of city life than my whole extended family, and early on had far less of a taste for what you could call "down home" type things than most of the people around me. I really liked Zappa, Hawkwind, Doo-Wa type oldies, some classic rock, high energy simpler hard rock like Motorhead, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, all things that got me cock-eyed looks from my family. Never could get down with Costello though. Guess that one kinda stuck.

GG top 200 most played bands countdown according to lastFM

I'd better pick up the pace or this could take me weeks to post my top 200 most listened to bands two at a time. Gotta say though, I am really enjoying listening to some stuff I haven't heard for a minute.

174. Fluids - Not Dark Yet, Phoenix AZ

173. Insect Warfare ‎- World Extermination, Houston TX

1 hour ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

175. Nocturnal Graves - Titan, Melbourne Victoria

Oh no. This makes me think of some sort of reverse zombie/vampire thing where the creatures in question only emerge from their graves in daylight forcing humans to only venture out at night. I do not want this. Every three years it feels like somebody comes up with a slight variation on the whole zombie/vampire/werewolf thing and we have to suffer a half assed revival of monster movies always less creative than the last.

At least the music's good, though. Just don't tell Hollywood.

52 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

I'd better pick up the pace or this could take me weeks to post my top 200 most listened to bands two at a time. Gotta say though, I am really enjoying listening to some stuff I haven't heard for a minute.

So much music with so little time. They should just invent something that injects all of that into the brain. Like Keanu Reeves learning kung-fu in the Matrix.

34 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

How many listens has an album that comes in at 173 had?

I'm guessing quite much, if I remember correctly, they have quite short tracks.

187. Wolfsmond - III

186. Hegemon - By this, I conquer

185. Blasfemia - Guerra total

6 minutes ago, Nasty_Cabbage said:

What if I like both Skynyrd and Pelican? Must I walk the path of the shunned?

Many people think some European bands like Graveyard do southern rock better than most American bands nowadays, but the fact that the genre is seen as old hat now kind of obfuscates a real understanding of just how fast or slowly musical trends moved back in the day. You could argue that music had been a commodified industry that had been moving away from live performances since the big band jazz era, but it's important to consider that even with the advent of radio and rapid commodification of recorded single performances it took some time for musical trends to hit different regions. There was also a significant renewed interest in folk music both stateside and overseas that's sometimes fairly and sometimes unfairly lumped in with the broader "hippie" cultural trends. Southern rock, though it had it's hand in the burgeoning demand for newer louder more distorted hard rock also had it's roots in some of the blues and by extension folk music traditions that the largely Irish, Slavic, and Nordic immigrants who settled the Appalachian region brought with them. Because of the marrying of these influences the particular strain of rock'n'roll that would eventually be classified as "southern" or "blues rock" (even though almost all forms of rock music are rooted in blues) found itself coming into maturity at precisely the right time for a huge part of the country to be very receptive to it, and allowing it to grow in popularity very quickly.

This is speaking in very broad generalized terms of course since it would be nearly impossible to factor in the millions of genetic strands that lead to rock being what it was culturally, but really what I'm saying is that I definitely believe you when you say that southern rock was some of the "heaviest" stuff available to you.

It's also worth noting that for as often as music has served as a general indicator of commonalities in taste across regions, it has just as often indicated a divide. Just as an anecdotal example for myself I remember very distinctly being very young and seeing an Elvis Costello video on television, and reacting to it with a kind of disdain. I didn't get it, and I'd heard the name bandied around as being "pioneering" and a leader in "20'th century music", and some critic I'd seen had even called him a genius before I'd ever heard a note of his music. Of course I asked one of the adults around me and they said it was "uppity New York music for uppity rich New Yorkers". This was really strange to me since prior to that I'd never really thought about music being indicative not just of a region from which it originated, but of an attitude or general characterization of the region itself. It's odd to think about now since, having had neither a cosmopolitan nor a rural upbringing I still easily had the most experience of city life than my whole extended family, and early on had far less of a taste for what you could call "down home" type things than most of the people around me. I really liked Zappa, Hawkwind, Doo-Wa type oldies, some classic rock, high energy simpler hard rock like Motorhead, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, all things that got me cock-eyed looks from my family. Never could get down with Costello though. Guess that one kinda stuck.

Haha dude don't even get me started on Elvis Fucking Costello. His first 3 albums came out when I was still in high school in the LINY suburbs. And by the time I was a senior ('79) he'd gotten really big and suddenly like 10 of his singles were all over the radio and seemed to be on repeat all day every day. Sickening, that's all I can say. Critically acclaimed at the time as some kind of a genius, they had to invent a new genre name for that kind of stuff ("new wave") because it sounded so different and weird to us back then from all the rock music that had ever come before. That shit was the original "alternative rock" before that phrase was coined years later. But needless to say Mr Costello's music was/is pretty much the polar opposite of everything I look for in music. There were some other artists in what I'll call that same "anti-rock" category back then as well, Joe Jackson, Talking Heads and the Police come to mind as 3 others who were finding massive commercial success and critical acclaim at the tail end of the 70's that I would have wished death upon to get their shit off the radio waves. There was also The Clash who went commercial out of the blue and became a huge radio band with Rockin' the Casbah amd Should I Stay or Should I Go, but I think that was just a couple of years later in the early 80's. Although for some reason in my mind I do lump that particular Clash album together with the late 70's Elvis Costello, Jerk Jackson and My Sharona stuff. And there was the Pretenders too, but I kinda liked their radio songs at the time and she was a chick so they got a pass. 

You have to understand my post to Doc earlier was two old guys from the same ancient generation talking. I totally get why younger people who came up and started listening to music in more recent decades probably wouldn't give half a shit about some old 70's dinosaur southern rock bands like ZZ Top, Molly Hatchet or Skynyrd. Because obviously younger generations who were teens in the 80's, 90's and 00's had their own bands who they're now nostalgic for. But as an American teenager in the 1970's who was craving the heaviest distorted guitar music he could find in an era when there wasn't much at all in that vein to pick from, that southern rock stuff was something ubiquitous that we all listened to, even up in the suburbs of Yankeeland. If you've ever seen the movie Dazed and Confused, that was a pretty accurate depiction of 70's teenage suburban life in America as I remember it (as it should be since that movie was made 30 years ago, only 14 years after I graduated) and they totally nailed what we listened to back then. Just not the Ben Aflek part, don't know where that retarded paddle shit came from.

2 hours ago, AlSymerz said:

How many listens has an album that comes in at 173 had?

It's not the album that matters, it's just the total number of songs we've played by that band. Although you can sort it by how many times you've played songs from each album if you'd like, I could do a top 200 most played albums if I wanted to. But for the purposes of our top 200 thing here, we're just going off our total number of plays we've accumulated for each band, and then CumBlood and I are just picking a random album of our choice to represent each band.

Now I happen to have mine set to count the number of plays starting from October 21st 2016 (the day we moved into our house in Denver) until today. Just 3 months shy of 7 years. Sometimes I'll set my thing to start from October 19, 2017 (the day my wife died) or sometimes January 27, 2014 (the day my son was born). Several years ago I used to sometiemes use December 5th 2012 (the last time I got married) but I don't ever use that date anymore. Or you could do one year or one month or a specific week in 2015 or any time period you want. I originally started this lastFM scrobbling shit in December 2010 I believe it was, but somehow the stats for the first year or two got all fucked up and when you click on individual scrobbles it just says "unknown date" so I never sort it all the way back to the very beginning in 2010, I'll always use one of my dates. I started this Top 200 thing with it set to Oct 21, 2016 so now I have to leave it set there til I finish. 

There are 50 bands per page, and I have 75 pages full of bands, 3,705 bands I've scrobbled at least one song by in all.  If an album has 10 tracks and I play it all the way through that counts as 10 scrobbles for that band. So the numbers will be skewed in favor of bands that have more tracks on their albums. A grindcore band which puts out 22 minute albums with 27 sub one minute tracks on them will rack up more scrobbles much quicker than a death/doom band that makes albums with six 10 minute songs. And like we've said it's only counting the songs I play on my desktop MusicBee player while sitting at the computer, not my Youtube plays or anything I listen to in the car or anywhere else.

My #200 band Hellshock as of yesterday had 249 plays since Oct 2016. My #173 band from a few hours ago Insect Warfare has 261 scrobbles. My #100 band Arnaut Pavle has 332 plays. (this will change in a week or two because by the time I get to #100 I will have played music by some of these bands in my top 200 and that will change the numbers and affect which place stuff is in slightly, my #100 band today could end up at #104 or #97 in two weeks) My current #50 band Undergang has 455 scrobbles. My current #40 band Utzalu has 509. My #30 band Cemetery Urn has 596. My #20 band Killing Joke has 679. My #10 band Type O Negative has 826. My #1 band Darkthrone has 1,678.

171. Witchbones - The Seas of Draugen, Portland OR (268)

172. Judas Iscariot - Heaven in Flames, DeKalb Illinois (267)

14 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

Oh I thought it was counting down your most listened to albums. I probably should pay more attention.

Well I asked him on day 1 and gave him the choice bands or albums, and he said most played artists, so I'm going by artists. But when I'm done with the bands I can start doing my top 200 most played albums if you really want. But you don't really like most of the stuff I post anyway. Except Lynyrd Skynyrd apparently. 

1 hour ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Haha dude don't even get me started on Elvis Fucking Costello. His first 3 albums came out when I was still in high school in the LINY suburbs. And by the time I was a senior ('79) he'd gotten really big and suddenly like 10 of his singles were all over the radio and seemed to be on repeat all day every day. Sickening, that's all I can say. Critically acclaimed at the time as some kind of a genius, they had to invent a new genre name for that kind of stuff ("new wave") because it sounded so different and weird to us back then from all the rock music that had ever come before. That shit was the original "alternative rock" before that phrase was coined years later. But needless to say Mr Costello's music was/is pretty much the polar opposite of everything I look for in music. There were some other artists in what I'll call that same "anti-rock" category back then as well, Joe Jackson, Talking Heads and the Police come to mind as 3 others who were finding massive commercial success and critical acclaim at the tail end of the 70's that I would have wished death upon to get their shit off the radio waves. There was also The Clash who went commercial out of the blue and became a huge radio band with Rockin' the Casbah amd Should I Stay or Should I Go, but I think that was just a couple of years later in the early 80's. Although for some reason in my mind I do lump that particular Clash album together with the late 70's Elvis Costello, Jerk Jackson and My Sharona stuff. And there was the Pretenders too, but I kinda liked their radio songs at the time and she was a chick so they got a pass. 

You have to understand my post to Doc earlier was two old guys from the same ancient generation talking. I totally get why younger people who came up and started listening to music in more recent decades probably wouldn't give half a shit about some old 70's dinosaur southern rock bands like ZZ Top, Molly Hatchet or Skynyrd. Because obviously younger generations who were teens in the 80's, 90's and 00's had their own bands who they're now nostalgic for. But as an American teenager in the 1970's who was craving the heaviest distorted guitar music he could find in an era when there wasn't much at all in that vein to pick from, that southern rock stuff was something ubiquitous that we all listened to, even up in the suburbs of Yankeeland. If you've ever seen the movie Dazed and Confused, that was a pretty accurate depiction of 70's teenage suburban life in America as I remember it (as it should be since that movie was made 30 years ago, only 14 years after I graduated) and they totally nailed what we listened to back then. Just not the Ben Aflek part, don't know where that retarded paddle shit came from.

Dazed and Confused is fantastic. Linklater very rarely gets mentioned in the talk of significant U.S. directors, but the dude has a stellar track record of everything from the kid friendly commercial stuff (School of Rock) to academy friendly forward thinking dramas (Boyhood) to the fringe of experimental ponderous and blatantly experimental stuff (Waking Life). The dude has range and rarely misses.

I never liked The Police. It's kind of funny. My dad actually refused to watch the new Dune adaptation because he still hasn't forgiven David Lynch for making him see Sting in a speedo in the old one. The Talking Heads I can appreciate from time to time, though. To me they sound so wildly different on every one of their songs I get that 'stranger in a strange land' feeling from them after a while though. I can appreciate the drive to experiment, though.

I certainly wasn't trying to rag on you or Doc for waxing nostalgic in a sporting way. God knows the older I get the more I'm inclined to do the same. It's just cool to see some of this stuff like southern rock discussed by people coming from a region or background where most wouldn't have thought it would be relevant. For the record I do like Molly Hatchet and pre plane crash skynyrd. The only case where I can sort of sympathize with younger people not "getting" it with the hard rock stuff is AC/DC, and that's only because of just how overplayed they are. They were a fantastic band and in my mind established the gold standard for hard rock, but sometimes enough is enough. I feel sort of the same way about Metallica to a lesser degree. I like the first four, and all, but goddamn am I sick of them being brought up whenever I tell somebody I like metal.

NP: Mürrmürr - Magdala

▶︎ Magdala | Mürrmürr | Epictural Production (bandcamp.com)

a2282566196_10.jpg

Kinda dull if I'm being honest.

15 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Well I asked him on day 1 and gave him the choice bands or albums, and he said most played artists, so I'm going by artists. But when I'm done with the bands I can start doing my top 200 most played albums if you really want. But you don't really like most of the stuff I post anyway. Except Lynyrd Skynyrd apparently. 

You're right, I hate everything you listen to with a fucking passion. I don't give a flying fuck what crap you want to listen to on a daily basis. I was only interested in the numbers and how many listens an album that ranks at the 200 end actually has. Take your shitty music and fuck off six ways from Sunday.

21 minutes ago, Nasty_Cabbage said:

I certainly wasn't trying to rag on you or Doc for waxing nostalgic in a sporting way.

Thanks, mate, but it wasn't me getting nostalgic, it was him. Thatguy hates nostalgia. Thatguy always found AC/DC only mildly risible.

Thatguy always hated Rose Tattoo and my hate only grew over the years as it became more and more clear what a prick Angry Anderson was.

For the record though, my favourite Aussie bands from back in the day were - The Church, Midnight Oil, The Saints.

24 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

how many listens

Don't you mean scrobbles? ( My spell check made me type that word three times. Another reason to say fuck you to the GG)

1 hour ago, AlSymerz said:

You're right, I hate everything you listen to with a fucking passion. I don't give a flying fuck what crap you want to listen to on a daily basis. I was only interested in the numbers and how many listens an album that ranks at the 200 end actually has. Take your shitty music and fuck off six ways from Sunday.

Bill C. on Twitter: "@Alcides_Toy815 Don't hold back on #ESDLC or  #ElChema's accounts, now...tell us how you really feel...  https://t.co/wMEm7Ie3EK" / Twitter

Joke all you want old man (if you can even call that humor) but it's not some huge mindblowing revelation that you and I have somewhat different taste in music. Just like you and I have somewhat different tastes than everyone else here as well. You've seen what I post, I've seen what you post, we've laid our cards on the table so to speak, so what's the big deal?

If you and I had to hang out on the farm together for a month and come to an agreement about what music to play next, things would get pretty damn ugly pretty fucking fast, I can tell you that. We do both love the Cosmic Psychos though (I think) so that's some common ground to maybe build on, but even as many albums as they have I couldn't listen to them exclusively for a month straight.

COSMIC PSYCHOS - "Dead Roo" official music video

6 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Joke all you want old man (if you can even call that hunor) but it's not some huge mindblowing revelation that you and I have somewhat different taste in music. Just like you and I have somewhat different tastes than everyone else here as well. You've seen what I post, I've seen what you post, we've laid our cards on the table so to speak, so what's the big deal?

If you and I had to hang out on the farm together for a month and come to an agreement about what music to play next, things would get pretty damn ugly pretty fucking fast, I can tell you that. We do both love the Cosmic Psychos though (I think) so that's some common ground to maybe build on, but even as many albums as they have I couldn't listen to them exclusively for a month straight.

I never once called it hunor!!

If you came to the farm for a month we wouldn't need to agree on music, it would be Taylor Swift 24/7, unless Doc came to visit and then it would be Rose Tattoo