What Are You Listening To?

khaos

20 hours ago, markm said:

Can't go wrong with those two. Chopin's music be da bomb....was just listening to his first piano concerto----it rocks. 

Real metalheads check out classical.  No joke, I have Karajan's 1987 Requiem in my top 50 albums.  I've also heard the Bohm, Colin Davis, Herreweghe and Marriner versions.

The Lords of the New Church - The Lords of the New Church, 1982, not the original cover, I hate when they change covers on these 40 year old classic albums.

Not that the original cover was so wonderful or amazing or anything, but I mean the cover's the cover.

The Lords of the New Church - The Lords of the New Church - Amazon.com Music

Still hung up on the Rods 1981 debut from last night, played it again this morning and again at 5 when I got just before the skies opened up. 

The Lords of the New Church - Method to Our Madness, 1984

2 minutes ago, MarkhantonioYeatts said:

NIRVANA - Nevermind With Bleach Tone

..this sounds really cool......this tone would've worked great on In Utero as well....

Cool.  In Utero is my favorite grunge album.  Its one flaw is that despite obvious songwriting flaws on songs like "Rape Me," the grunge sound is absolutely nailed.

For Metal Academy I'm checking out the Heavens Gate catalog, starting with their debut In Control.

49 minutes ago, MarkhantonioYeatts said:

....WhiteNoise....I'll see your LORDS and raise you a DEAD BOYS.....

DEAD BOYS - Young, Loud And Snotty...one of the greatest records of the 70's that surprisingly few people have heard....

Hard to believe isn't it? I've played the record countless times myself. I'd heard about the Dead Boys and then we saw their record in the store in the very late 70's and grabbed it. 2nd album wasn't quite as good but it gave us Ain't It Fun which became something of a favorite of ours in the 80's. They were basically the next best thing to the Ramones for American punk rock back in the late 70's. Never saw them live, although there is a video floating around YT of one of their 30 minute sets at CB's from the late 70's that I've watched quite a few times.

We did catch Stiv & the Lords playing live one time at some little club on Long Island in the late 80's which was a bucket list thing for me at the time. Good thing we saw them when we did, we had no idea that Stiv would be gone so soon. I've probably played the Lords' debut even more times than Loud & Snotty, it's one of those perfect albums with every song 10/10.

Saw Cheetah Chrome play in some little shithole in Nashville one time around 2000 or maybe the very late 90's. My buddy that used to come see all the metal and punk shows with me in the 80's moved down there in the mid 90s's and he just happened to hang out daily and drink in the same bar right next to where he lived that Cheetah would come in and hang out and drink in too now and then, so he kind of knew him. I went down to visit him one time and we just got lucky that Cheetah's band played one night when I happened to be there. And it wasn't anything special really, it was just the fact that it was Cheetah Chrome from the Dead Boys that made it cool for us.

I listen to lots of songs, but here are a few I've been listening to a lot recently:

- 1984 by Slaughter to Prevail

- We Got The Moves by Electric Callboy 

- Assault & Batteries by Ice Nine Kills

- Rule of Nines by Spiritbox

- To the Hellfire by Lorna Shore

- Call Me a Symbol by Jinjer

Falling Away from Me by KoRn

Hey You by Disturbed

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

NOX FORMULAE - Drakon Darshan Satan. Lovely dovely.

ÓSSERP - Els nous cants de la Sibil-la. Ditto.

Dude! Both of these are Ace examples of totally crushing extreme metal albums that I would actually consider buying. What gives? Unusual to see you post two of these bangers like this without throwing in some progressive avant-disso-shenanigans or ambient tomfoolery. And before lunch even. 

Ósserp - Els Nous Cants De La Sibil•La

3 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Dude! Both of these are Ace examples of totally crushing extreme metal albums that I would actually consider buying. What gives? Unusual to see you post two of these bangers like this without throwing in some progressive avant-disso-shenanigans or ambient tomfoolery. And before lunch even. 

I like to keep everyone guessing.

NP - yesterday's discovery - FURIA - Grudzień za grudniem. Noice. But what the fuck are the Poles playing at putting an accent on an 'n'. What does it do? There must be a Pole here who can explain.

Skin Slicer - Made in Hell, Quebec 2008

Gravewürm - Emissary of Darkness, Cleveland Ohiio

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

I like to keep everyone guessing.

NP - yesterday's discovery - FURIA - Grudzień za grudniem. Noice. But what the fuck are the Poles playing at putting an accent on an 'n'. What does it do? There must be a Pole here who can explain.

Ń – this is a palatalized n, a sound close to the Spanish ñ, but you'll find it also in 'onion'. (un-yun)

The Brazilians/Portuguese also have this sound but unlike the Spanish who use an ñ (eñe) they use the letters nh so velhinho is pronounced veliño or in English maybe we'd spell it veleenyo.

9 minutes ago, RelentlessOblivion said:

Which makes some of those album titles a nightmare to try and spell, especially when you’re only hearing them and not actually reading the title…

I copy and paste 99% of the foreign language album titles. I don't even try to remember how to spell them and I don't know any other way to make all the special characters and symbols they frequently use.