What Are You Listening To?

khaos

Easiest way I've found to do it is to Google Image search the album.

Right click on the image and go to "Open in new tab"

When the tab opens cup the address in the address bar and paste it here.

The only sites it really has issues cutting and pasting from is Facebook and Twitter but sites like Bandcamp, M-A, Discogs etc all allow hotlinking.

12 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

I just use a hyperlink where size shouldn't matter.

Presumably your saving the image and uploading it?

Edit: I think there was some chatter here a year or so back about uploading images and that you may need to delete old images because each person is only able to store a certain amount of images.

My max size says 260.7 KB

Up until a few days ago my picture posting method was simple: I'd see an image on the world wide web, I'd right click on it, select "copy image" then come back to to the posting window on my MF tab, right click where I wanted the pic, and then select "paste." Easy-peasy Japaneesy. Never did figure out how to upload my own images here like some others have done, I've only ever posted pics that I found on the internet. But when I go to post one now it says "1 file would exceeed the total allowed size of 24.208 kB and was skipped." 24 kB seems a bit limiting.

Essentially that is uploading. It's copying the image from the originating site to this site and given that each user only gets a small amount of space each image takes up that space.

If you copy the address instead of the image it's not using up your limited space.

That 24 k is have you have left out of whatever the total was. If you could find an image smaller than 24 k the next time you try to add an image the number would be smaller.

You need to either delete images which you should be able to get to via your profile, or jsut hot link them with the web address.

5 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

Essentially that is uploading. It's copying the image from the originating site to this site and given that each user only gets a small amount of space each image takes up that space.

If you copy the address instead of the image it's not using up your limited space.

That 24 k is have you have left out of whatever the total was. If you could find an image smaller than 24 k the next time you try to add an image the number would be smaller.

You need to either delete images which you should be able to get to via your profile, or just hot link them with the web address.

But I've pasted a shitload of images in two and a half years, hundreds of them, not even Mb's but Gb's worth of images. if they were counting towards some unknown limit I think I would have reached that limit ages ago. And there's no attachments on my profile, I just checked. I've never saved any of the images to upload them as attachments, I just copied and pasted them.

9 minutes ago, AlSymerz said:

Seems when I use the copy method that it tells me I'm using the storage space of the forum

9cc1d15b72dadb16c22d454f00030d2f.jpg.d5d9ca89e43d585de54fdfbb0619fde3.jpg

And it appears in my attachments section.

Where is this attachments section? I don't have that. I've just clicked on everything there could possibly be to click on in my profile, and there was no attachments section.

If I don't copy the image and copy and paste an address it just links the image and says nothing about uploading or using space.

Of course the image must be on the web if you use hotlinks.

2 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

Where is this attachments section? I don't have that. I've just clicked on everything there could possibly be to click on in my profile, and there was no attachments section.

Top right corner should be your name and avatar. If you click on it a menu appears and maybe the second option of the menu is My Attachements

30 minutes ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

German Bolt Thrower worship

That's a whole lot of metal awesomeness crammed into four words. I'm down. I'll give it a try as soon as I finish...

NP: Tombstalker - Age of Darkness

▶︎ Age of Darkness | Tombstalker | BORIS RECORDS (bandcamp.com)

a3723904820_10.jpg

Bout what you'd expect. Love the guitar tone here.The track "Titan Warlord" even opens up with a little punkish intro that fits perfectly.

7 hours ago, GoatmasterGeneral said:

What's with the no more posting of pictures? Is this 24.208 Kb file size limit a new thing, and if so, why? It's gonna suck here without any pictures. Think of poor Serpico, that's all he ever posts are pictures of album covers so now he can't. 

Machetazo - Ruin, Spain 2013

Machetazo - Mundo Cripta, 2008

Then how do you explain For Those About to Suck? That album blows!! 

Long time, no talk, Mr. GG!  I actually love that album.  I'd rank it #5 in their catalog, as my top 5 are:  1) Let There Be Rock, 2) Back in Black, 3) Highway to Hell, 4) Powerage, 5) For Those About to Rock.  From various reviews I've read, it does seem like that album wasn't incredibly well-received at the time of its release.  Although, how would anything that had to follow "Back in Black" have been expected to be well-received?  Perhaps in hindsight, "For Those About to Rock" is remembered a bit more fondly, although of course I can't speak for everyone!  I do think Brian Johnson actually sounded the best he's ever sounded on "For Those About to Rock".  The couple of albums that came after this one - "Flick of the Switch" and "Fly on the Wall" - are also huge favorites of mine.  But hey, I love every album they've put out, so I could just insert the whole catalog into these comments!

Hope your week is off to a great start, my metal brethren! 

3 hours ago, JamesT said:

Perhaps in hindsight, "For Those About to Rock" is remembered a bit more fondly, although of course I can't speak for everyone!  I do think Brian Johnson actually sounded the best he's ever sounded on "For Those About to Rock".  The couple of albums that came after this one - "Flick of the Switch" and "Fly on the Wall" - are also huge favorites of mine.  But hey, I love every album they've put out, so I could just insert the whole catalog into these comments!

The actual song For Those About to Rock is one of the greatest anthems ever penned. The rest of the album is unremarkable. I mean, it's still AC/DC so better than most and I've listened to it a million times, but weaker than anything since the original High Voltage.

I've always had a soft spot for Fly on the Wall. Flick of the Switch was always the one that I considered the most bland, right down to the artwork. But, it's still AC/DC so better than most and I've listened to it ...half a million times.

Fly_On_The_Wall.jpg

I have never used the "copy image link" function before. It works!

3 hours ago, JamesT said:

Long time, no talk, Mr. GG!  I actually love that album.  I'd rank it #5 in their catalog, as my top 5 are:  1) Let There Be Rock, 2) Back in Black, 3) Highway to Hell, 4) Powerage, 5) For Those About to Rock.  From various reviews I've read, it does seem like that album wasn't incredibly well-received at the time of its release.  Although, how would anything that had to follow "Back in Black" have been expected to be well-received?  Perhaps in hindsight, "For Those About to Rock" is remembered a bit more fondly, although of course I can't speak for everyone!  I do think Brian Johnson actually sounded the best he's ever sounded on "For Those About to Rock".  The couple of albums that came after this one - "Flick of the Switch" and "Fly on the Wall" - are also huge favorites of mine.  But hey, I love every album they've put out, so I could just insert the whole catalog into these comments!

Hope your week is off to a great start, my metal brethren! 

I don't listen to AC/DC records to hear Brian Johnson. Problem is there aren't any good songs on For Those About to Cock. None. Even the title track radio hit sucks. 1983's Flick of the Switch was a much better album, I always really liked that one, which also happens to be the last AC/DC record I ever heard.

My week is not off to a good start JT, my fridge is broken, the compressor won't stay on. Makes a buzzing noise every few minutes for about 5 seconds and then turns off with a click. Watched a bunch of youtube videos, I think it's a relay switch or a capacitor or something. Gonna have to get it fixed, I don't do electrical shit. I need to get my buddy and his volt meter up here. In the meantime I have all the frozen stuff in another little freezer I have in the other room, but now that one's totally packed full of food and I don't know if it'll be able to get properly cold without enough airflow. My milk and perishables from the fridge are in a plastic container on the shed roof right outside my bathroom window as it's 35° outside today, perfect fridge temp, while it's 58° inside my fridge. Headed out to my sister's house in a few minutes here to grab her mini fridge she's offered to lend me til I can get mine fixed. Just really glad I have that other freezer since I just went food shopping Sunday night and then discovered the fridge was not cold and the frozen stuff was melting when we woke up Monday morning. Without that extra little freezer I would have lost all of that meat and stuff I just bought.

NP: Vexev - Sanguinem in Abyssum Irent, Italy

6 minutes ago, JonoBlade said:

The actual song For Those About to Rock is one of the greatest anthems ever penned.

This statement is patently false. The song is shyte. They just wrote it for an excuse to blow off cannons onstage.