What exactly is the point of the band Anal Cunt?

Molloy

Anal Cunt is barely listenable to me, even though I'm into bizarre genres like sludge and funeral doom. In fact, their music seems more like a joke than a serious attempt at music. What is their deal, exactly? Are they poking fun at grindcore/noisecore fans, much as Andy Warhol poked fun at fans of tasteless modern art? Or is there something I'm not getting here?

They were shit (their vocalist died in 2011), but I think that was the point. I've heard their live shows were incredibly fun for all the wrong reasons. Also, I find it hard to hate a band with song titles like One Man Ghetto, Hitler Was a Sensitive Man, I Snuck A Retard Into A Sperm Bank, I Ate Your Horse, Windchimes Are Gay, You Look Adopted, Limp Bizkit Think They're Black But They're Just Gay, and so much more.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

'More imposing a question is surely why this thread made the deep and meaningful section?' ...are you implying that the hugely influential and deeply spiritual hymns of Seth Putnam and his holy men are not 'deep and meaningful'? Didn't you feel your heart sing during the first notes of 'You Got Dateraped?'. Oh yeah, they were stupid. Hilarious though.

The AxCx raison d'etre: Freedom of expression through transgression. Fire up some Blasphenaut or Agoraphobic Nosebleed if you prefer a more measured stroke.
Anal Cunt contains cherry notes, having been cellar aged in a Carpathian cask for three years...It's a good year and a vintage, but all the same the dryness could perchance be off-putting to the neophyte with a paucity of experience with vintages from this region...I detect a certain smoothness which might be a result of the grapes used, which are made using the unique Mode Inutile developed in the southwestern region of Belgium...The general tableau to be extrapolated from these broad and varied traits is of a unique experience that must be experienced by anyone professing a knowledge of grindcore.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: What exactly is the point of the band Anal Cunt?

Anal Cunt has an album called picnic of love with soft folk songs about friendship and happiness. Seth sings in a clean falsetto tone. And just look at the front cover, How can anyone call this band a comedy act? (I looked at the preview of the post; I'm not really sure how else to attach the photo, so there you go.)
That's exactly why they should be called a comedy act. Have you heard the album? It's hilarious. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

• 10 months later...

Fuckin' Seth Putnam...AC sucks. At least not my fancy. I thought they were going for shock value, but I stumbled across one of Putnam's bands called Vaginal Jesus, & I think they're a serious white power band...makes revisiting Anal Cunt even less enjoyable knowing that Seth Putnam might actually be serious...