What's on your mind?

Apoc

Today is pay-day bitches. Barring a terrible mistep on my part calling the final score of the superbowl I'm pretty much a lock to win 200 in my primary league, as well as having a significant number of spots in two square-pools, 300 each. If I get obscenely lucky this will be my fund for all the trips I plan to take in the next few months. WOO!!

Thank you for sticking around this long -Mere- :D I've been looking forward to today ever since my girlfriend gave me the voucher for skydiving a few days after Christmas. Now how will I manage to take a midair selfie?
The tandem instructors that you jump with have cameras strapped to their wrists, and they'll film it for you and give you a copy of you want to pay extra for it.

So today is my one year anniversary of joining the forum. I want to thank you guys for accepting me and my weirdness and making me feel right @ home like a good dysfunctional family does. Seriously though' date=' you guys are awesome and I'm looking forward to another great year here :D[/quote'] Right on Mere, glad you're still here. I haven't forgotten about our email chain, I've just been swamped. Another anniversary is coming up, that of the anniversary of my daughter's birth, and stuff has been pretty crazy at work too with training a bunch of new people.

So today is my one year anniversary of joining the forum. I want to thank you guys for accepting me and my weirdness and making me feel right @ home like a good dysfunctional family does. Seriously though' date=' you guys are awesome and I'm looking forward to another great year here :D[/quote'] This post has extra meaning because this entire response has been typed one handed as the cat was hanging off the other arm attached to his favourite toy. Dysfunctional and multi-tasking, yep our forum rules! I like it here, work doesn't always aid in regular visits as much as I would like but mostly the time I spend here is well spent. Mostly I admire the collective way we deal with knobheads with facts, honesty, gifs, memes and well thought out responses. Treat yourselves to a group hug on me!

The lass got back from the hospital about an hour a go and has never been better, and her ankle is actually at the right angle. I also just started the motor on my Godfather's motorcycle for the first time in 14 years, runs like a dream... but the exhaust sounds like a wet fart, I guess that will be the next thing to fix. I don't suppose anyone knows where I could get parts for a Norton Dominator in the UK?

Also what happened to the mildly amusing thread we were so busy mocking yesterday?
As amusing as it was at first, I'd like to restore from such a devastating blow to my hope in humanity's fate. I'm also thinking of tomorrow. Really not looking forward to eight hours of cultural analysis in school.

Right on Mere' date=' glad you're still here. I haven't forgotten about our email chain, I've just been swamped. Another anniversary is coming up, that of the anniversary of my daughter's birth, and stuff has been pretty crazy at work too with training a bunch of new people.[/quote'] Hey thanks! :D And no worries, take your time, I totally understand you have a busy schedule/life and realize I left you A LOT to absorb lol I can't believe your daughter is turning one soon. That year just flew right by!

This post has extra meaning because this entire response has been typed one handed as the cat was hanging off the other arm attached to his favourite toy. Dysfunctional and multi-tasking, yep our forum rules! I like it here, work doesn't always aid in regular visits as much as I would like but mostly the time I spend here is well spent. Mostly I admire the collective way we deal with knobheads with facts, honesty, gifs, memes and well thought out responses. Treat yourselves to a group hug on me!
Wow, with one hand? I can't even tell. That is special :rolleyes: lol We're glad you're here too :D *hugs*

It's awesome that Midi is a hermaphrodite, without diversity this forum would be pointless. I felt sorry for who ever posted that crazy thread. If it was not a joke then it was likely the result of way too much uppers that will make a person paranoid (I guess it's a long list of drugs that can do that sort of thing really). Hopefully it was temporary. It seemed too orderly and precise to be real insanity, if that makes sense. I'm not a psychiatrist or anything like it, but that would be my guess.

So should we therefore feel bad for mocking that individual? 'Cause I kinda don't.
Sorry, I was not trying to make you feel bad. Actually though, I think it's OK to mock them in the case where they drove themselves temporarily paranoid with recreational drug use. For one thing it would be temporary, for another it's their own fault, and beyond that it's worthy of ridicule to go wacko on the web because your high on drugs since it cations others against posting drug crazed crap. Real craziness is a lifelong debilitating horror, and ridicule should be reserved for those in a position of power, so making fun of truly crazy people is something you should feel bad about doing. Until you can tell me what the deal was with the severe pain cop inserted devices poster I can't help you determine if your mocking of them was ethical or not. I can tell you that Midi is clearly the power elite here on the metal forum, and is therefor fair game for ridicule, so have at it. Sorry Midi, it's not personal, but you are the man. The man/something-more, which again, is awesome on a diversity level.