What's on your mind?

Apoc

Nice. I hope it tasted as good as the image is
I don't imagine that you get many California beers in Europe, but if you dig dark malts and a monstrous hop character, then I would suggest checking it out. Many of their beers showcase that demon character on their artwork, but this one and their ruination IPA are among my favorite regulars, despite not being able to buy them in my state.

I don't imagine that you get many California beers in Europe' date=' but if you dig dark malts and a monstrous hop character, then I would suggest checking it out. Many of their beers showcase that demon character on their artwork, but this one and their ruination IPA are among my favorite regulars, despite not being able to buy them in my state.[/quote'] Do you like wild ales? I just tried a great one from New Belgium, I think it was called La Terroir. Very easy to drink, sour and somewhat hoppy. Wish I could get it in NYC.

Nine-and-a-half hours hanging with the girlfriend and her friends. Started as a picnic (for some reason)' date=' turned into a boat cruise, then ice-cream, then dinner, and in all that time there was no shortage of laughter or good conversation. Oh how I needed that.[/quote'] No shortage of laughter or good conversation? Wow, that would have been remarkable for two hours, let alone 9.5. How exactly do you find all these people who don't either bore you to death or inundate your soul with rage?

No shortage of laughter or good conversation? Wow' date=' that would have been remarkable for two hours, let alone 9.5. How exactly do you find all these people who don't either bore you to death or inundate your soul with rage?[/quote'] I don't really know. My guess is the universe has decided to pay me back for all the bullshit it sent my way over the first 23 years of my life.

Seems to be the hot topic lately. haha I do wonder why people have such issues with it truly. I do think it tends to be insecure men that hate it though.................(wwaaiiitttt for iitttttttt)!!!!!!
Nah, I do think you have a point. My guess is, secure men are either confirmed bachelors, 'players' or married men. They aren't scared of being chewed out or mocked, frustrated by their inability to find someone they like, disappointed by their own shortcomings, doubtful about their preferences, listless in their outlook, indolent in their actions, pessimistic about any potential opportunity, instantly rendered mopey, self-centered and miserable by the mere mention of romance, or just generally inclined to give up the ghost altogether.
'But there is a LARGE portion...' 'I once had a girl...'I don't doubt women (and men as well) like that exist' date=' I've actually debated with people like that in the past, but I don't think we should get ahead of ourselfs and assume the preportion of women (or feminists) who think like that is a particularly large one. I see it the same way I see religion in some ways. There are definitely hateful intolerant Christians, Mulsims etc. That doesn't mean those religions are *inherently* evil or that most people who follow them aren't decent people.[/quote'] Maybe I should detail some of my gripes with it. Funny you should bring up Scripture, because that's one of the reasons the movement is so hotly debated. Nobody seems to actually know what it is. There is no central feminist text. If there were, people could point to a verse and say 'see, it says here you are not permitted to be a dick.' but that's simply not the case. To be clear, I'm not griping about some of the serious extremists - but to be honest, their ideas stem from general sentiments not only widely held, but supported by research. For example, I think there's an idea afoot about trying to malnourish male children to make them weak, and/or to implement universal castration. From what I understand, both of these ideas are based on research about the general levels of aggression in both sexes among humans and animals. Huffington Post ran an article which claimed that feminism was responsible for the civil rights movement, among other unsupported claims: 23 Ways Feminism Has Made The World A Better Place For Men But most people won't support these ideas - not because they lack evidence, but because they're just not politically astute to uphold. The thing is, I don't see moderates chewing out the extremists for BS. And even if they did I wouldn't believe it. From what I've seen, feminism is political. I've seen people selectively quote Scripture to support any number of idiotic ideas in a pretty desperately cynical attempt to get people through church doors, so for a movement lacking a central text I can imagine the level of manipulation is at least equivalent. I have heard a lot of people saying that 'not all feminists are like this', and that 'feminism is only about equality' but for the most part these come off as vague platitudes that don't answer any questions, aside from being entirely unsupported allegations. Maybe my complaints are affected by being on a college campus. I keep hearing the term 'third-wave feminism' thrown around and maybe that's what's always filling my ears and making me want to go do very manly things like driving a monster truck off a ramp over some bears that are on fire. My biggest and most utterly insurmountable complaint is this: there is one idea that the vast majority of feminists, third wave and otherwise, seem to believe in: abortion on demand. That notion is entirely anathema to me.

im so far into the middle if bum fuck Arkansas my gps can't even find a road within 5 miles. on top of that the main road here was flooded so i had to take a bunch if residential streets and non truck routes just to get here. thanks city of Johnson AR for not even providing a detour you lazy fucking shitheads. oh and im sitting in a cave in the side of a mountain. the is the entrance i had to go through which is only 13'5''. my truck is 13'6''. i ended up having to dump the suspension to make it through. next is a meat plant 3.5 miles away. -_- sometimes i dislike this part of the country. Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

Yep' date=' why would they have any reason to change? It was clearly the easiest record of theirs to write as they put no thought into it, and it sold a ton of copies. Why fuck with success?[/quote'] I'm vaguely interested to hear the rest of it, just to see if it's the same kind of automatic pandering as the title track. Metalsucks was nutting all over it, and I usually hate what they like, and they said it was really consistent, so I'm assuming it's all garbage. And I'm neither surprised nor disappointed. It pisses me off when a predictable, mediocre album that scratches a superficial itch gets hailed as a masterwork. It was the same thing with Surgical Steel. The "returning kings" are "showing the new generation how it's done". Ugh. And then when I point out how conservative it is to some of my friends, they say, "ah man, it's Carcass, I don't want them to change it up too much!" I want my Wonder Bread to taste like Kleenex, dammit, not actual ingredients...

Metalsucks was nutting all over it' date=' and I usually hate what they like, and they said it was really consistent, so I'm assuming it's all garbage.[/quote'] Metalsucks is the Tumblr of the metal world, a bunch of self-important blowhards asking asinine questions in an echo chamber.

I'm vaguely interested to hear the rest of it, just to see if it's the same kind of automatic pandering as the title track. Metalsucks was nutting all over it, and I usually hate what they like, and they said it was really consistent, so I'm assuming it's all garbage. And I'm neither surprised nor disappointed. It pisses me off when a predictable, mediocre album that scratches a superficial itch gets hailed as a masterwork. It was the same thing with Surgical Steel. The "returning kings" are "showing the new generation how it's done". Ugh. And then when I point out how conservative it is to some of my friends, they say, "ah man, it's Carcass, I don't want them to change it up too much!" I want my Wonder Bread to taste like Kleenex, dammit, not actual ingredients...
Metalsucks sucks, so yes, I'm not surprised that they are fellating it.

Wow, today was a great day: I got called by a band for a try-out rehearsal this Sunday, a cafetaria gave every customer 1 free beer each time our national football/soccer team made a goal (we won with 6-0) and I tried to have a constructive conversation with a few guys who hold a grudge against me.

Not a very good day for me today. My boyfriend and I have not been on the best of terms I guess for a couple of months now' date=' and today he informed me he just wants to be friends for awhile........I am not very surprised though, since we spoke about me finding my own place for months now.[/quote'] Sorry to hear that Mindy, that is rough.