Sign in to stalk this  
deathstorm

Most anticipated albums of 2017

2016 saw a year great albums  being  put out a lot of our favorite bands like wormed  gorguts etc now this up to date version of most anticipated  with the year 2017  over kill has new record hitting February in 2017 so does immolation has new one out the same month  and  so does aversions crown  so does sepultura  as well so what albums are you looking forward in 2017 

Immortal (or what's left of them) hit the studio in Jan 17.  Will be interested to see what this turns out like now the main songwriting force has gone, but let's not forget how unforgettable and lacking in imagination the Abbath record was!

Immolation's new record drops in Feb 17 and from the track I heard recently it sounds alright.

Lock Up (ex Napalm Death, Brutal Truth, Dimmu Borgir and Inner Sanctvm members) drop their record in March 17.

12 hours ago, True Belief said:

New Saturnus, new Kreator..

I just started a thread partly to do with Saturnus in the Gothic Metal forum. I'm going to get that forum going if it kills me. 

I'm looking forward to: 

Saturnus

Dimmu Borgir

Cradle of Filth

Immortal (without Abbath!)

Satyricon (to see if Satyr has learnt from his terrible, terrible mistake last time around)

Both Sólstafir and Nokturnal Mortum will come with a new one. In the case of Nokturnal Mortum it has been fucking 7 years since Voice of Steel has been released. If it will any close to Voice of Steel, I already know my favorite record of 2017.

I have high hopes for the new albums from Artificial Brain and Afterbirth, who now share a vocalist. Mutilation Rites and Wiegedood have some new stuff coming, other members here may be interested in upcoming Wolfheart and Mournful Congregation, and I'm hoping Akercocke follows through on their reunion.

On 12/21/2016 at 11:30 PM, MacabreEternal said:

Immortal (or what's left of them) hit the studio in Jan 17.  Will be interested to see what this turns out like now the main songwriting force has gone, but let's not forget how unforgettable and lacking in imagination the Abbath record was!

Immolation's new record drops in Feb 17 and from the track I heard recently it sounds alright.

Lock Up (ex Napalm Death, Brutal Truth, Dimmu Borgir and Inner Sanctvm members) drop their record in March 17.

For some reason I always though Demonaz wrote everything but turns out he's just been the lyricist. I've got to be honest I'm not a big fan of their later stuff. I know they were all well received and sold well but for me I lost interest after Blizzard Beasts a bit. I felt like they lost their bite. Pure Holocaust is one of my favourite black metal albums though so something along those lines would be welcome.

On 24/01/2017 at 10:39 PM, SkySwallower said:

For some reason I always though Demonaz wrote everything but turns out he's just been the lyricist. I've got to be honest I'm not a big fan of their later stuff. I know they were all well received and sold well but for me I lost interest after Blizzard Beasts a bit. I felt like they lost their bite. Pure Holocaust is one of my favourite black metal albums though so something along those lines would be welcome.

immortal are definitely a band of two halves. I actually like both eras of Immortal. The first albums up to 'Blizzard Beasts' are good, but not exactly great - at least in my opinion. 'Battles in the North' and 'Pure Holocaust' are definitely very good albums, and the first album has a lot of atmosphere. 

Personally I think I prefer the Abbath era a little better, although I listen to it less frequently for some reason. 'At the Heart of Winter' is the band's masterpiece I reckon, and 'Sons of Northern Darkness' is a good one too. Then again, 'All Shall Fall' and 'Damned in Black' are pretty boring. 

So Immortal in general are pretty hit and miss for me. I have all their albums in my collection on c.d, but I usually only listen to 'PH', 'Battles' and '..Winter' these days. I'm finding it really hard to get interested in either Demonaz or Abbath's latter day works. 

Just now, deathstorm said:

Kisnor it's just a demo album with all demos from 1986 it's not a new studio album

Sounds like a cash grab, then... I would love to hear Warrel Dane back on top of his game, but I won't hold my breath.

I bet you'll dig the new Virulent Depravity, though, that should be out soon.

36 minutes ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Sounds like a cash grab, then... I would love to hear Warrel Dane back on top of his game, but I won't hold my breath.

I bet you'll dig the new Virulent Depravity, though, that should be out soon.

Me too I whould like Warrel Dane  back on his game too I will check them out  kisnor  thanks for the recommendation 

God Dethroned (who had broken up) will release a new one in May. This is great news, their last two being career highlights (Passiondale from 2009 an absolute standout of melodic death metal).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Overkill record is out... bloody me for ordering it at a local record shop to show support to the owner... Love the guy, but it's not in store yet! My fault... Cannot wait!

Yeah I've had it since last Friday. Dunno....not really grabbing me yet I've read some glowing reviews. Production though is much much better on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunless has an early stream of their new album up today, and it's pretty fucking cool. I know some people are getting burned out on the Gorguts/Ulcerate/DSO-style explosion of the past few years, but there are some really good sounds here; they seem to be carving their own path rather than just aping techniques and tonality. I'm looking forward to the actual release.

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/full-album-stream/dissonant-skronkitects-sunless-return-with-an-early-stream-of-urraca