Heloo

Trollhammaren

Hi everybody, My name is Trollhammaren. I am 16 years old and female. I live in Australia but my background is European. I joined because I was bored and wanted to find a community of metalheads like myself. I have tumblr but sometimes that gets boring too. My absolute favourite band is Amorphis. Safe to say that I can sing along to all the songs and I love each album (even Far From The Sun, yes) I really dont have a sub genre that I can say that I listen to the most. I listen to a mix of different sub genres. Here is a random list of some of the bands I listen to: Amon Amarth, Arkona, Carach Angren, Ensiferum, Fejd, Finntroll, Galneryus, Heidevolk, HIM, Iron Maiden, King of Asgard, Korpiklaani, Lost Horizon, Protest the Hero, Slayer, Sonata Arctica, Turisas, Tyr, Wintersun I dont really listen to any popular music today unless it is on the radio in the car. So its pretty much metal all the way! I play a lot of playstation. Sometimes I will play until 3 am (when it is my school holiday). My favourite series is Assassins Creed and I have pre-ordered Black Flag. Some other notable favourites are Bioshock and Mass Effect. I have also started Dragon Age: Origins but now I cant play it because I have school. Add me on PSN. My username is Aminoring Kiitos!

Hello and welcome. You have no idea how refreshing it is to see another Aussie around here. Cool to see you like a variety of bands as well. We've got a pretty cool group of people here. No major arguments or trolls just a bunch of cool people shooting the breeze about pretty much anything and everything. I hope you'll stick around and have a blast.

Nice to meet you too :) so' date=' what are your favourite bands?[/quote'] Well, as I wrote before my favourite band is Amorphis because it was what got me into metal. After them I would have to say Wintersun. Then in no order I will say that my other fave bands are Turisas, Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Amon Amarth and Tyr. I am basing this on how much I listen to these bands because I at least listen to one a day. Anyhow I also enjoy the music and I just find myself singing the songs in my head. While I am typing this reply I'm listening to Amorphis on shuffle lols Its really hard to say what my favourite bands are because I dont know what would qualify as being a fan. Do I need to listen to all the albums or know all the songs??? For example, I haven't listened to all Amon Amarth albums so can I really say that they are one of my fave bands? Sorry for all this philosophy-type shit. Anyway, how about you? What are your favourite bands?

Re: Heloo

You need coffee?;)
Think i'll be just fine withought thanks xD don't like coffee anyway :/ haha
Well, as I wrote before my favourite band is Amorphis because it was what got me into metal. After them I would have to say Wintersun. Then in no order I will say that my other fave bands are Turisas, Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Amon Amarth and Tyr. I am basing this on how much I listen to these bands because I at least listen to one a day. Anyhow I also enjoy the music and I just find myself singing the songs in my head. While I am typing this reply I'm listening to Amorphis on shuffle lols Its really hard to say what my favourite bands are because I dont know what would qualify as being a fan. Do I need to listen to all the albums or know all the songs??? For example, I haven't listened to all Amon Amarth albums so can I really say that they are one of my fave bands? Sorry for all this philosophy-type shit. Anyway, how about you? What are your favourite bands?
Well, out of yours I only know Amon Amarth, but they're awesome, by the way you don't need to listen to all the albums of a band for them to be your favourite, e.g. Motörhead have been my favourite band for roughly 4 years I think (Shit memory lol) i'm 16 now, so I think that's right, and I only started with a conpilation album my mum bought me and didn't get any of their other albums for a while. Other favourites of mine are; Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and Cathedral, I listen to a lot of bands but they are my most listened ones. Also, sadly I don't have playstation but I have Xbox, do you have Facebook?

Think i'll be just fine withought thanks xD don't like coffee anyway :/ haha Well, out of yours I only know Amon Amarth, but they're awesome, by the way you don't need to listen to all the albums of a band for them to be your favourite, e.g. Motörhead have been my favourite band for roughly 4 years I think (Shit memory lol) i'm 16 now, so I think that's right, and I only started with a conpilation album my mum bought me and didn't get any of their other albums for a while. Other favourites of mine are; Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and Cathedral, I listen to a lot of bands but they are my most listened ones. Also, sadly I don't have playstation but I have Xbox, do you have Facebook?
I'm sorry but I don't have Facebook (don't want to get addicted + i have school). The only social media I have is Instagram and Tumblr so if you want them I can give them to you. When I do get Facebook I will be sure to message you to get yours :)

A favourite band is any that you come back to regularly in my book. I mean I only have one or two albums by some of my favourite bands. Speaking of which those would be: Melechesh, Orphaned Land, Nevertanezra, Death, Blind Guardian, Mournful Congregation, Nile and Ulver.
I haven't listened to those bands yet but when I get the chance I will. The bad thing about Australia is that there arent many places which sell band related stuff. I was lucky to find a shop near the main shopping centre in my area which sells albums of my favourite bands, but they are expensive so I cant really buy many. I get jealous of these people living in Europe that have all these band shirts, albums and other merch. I only have two shirts and I had to get those from Ebay.

Oh tell me about it. Honestly I've given up on the local shops they never have any albums I want anymore, and the looks you get from the person behind the counter when you ask if they can order in an album, best to avoid all that. The other problem is gigs. We don't get enough major bands coming out here and the local gigs aren't promoted effectively either. Wish I lived in Melbourne or Sydney sometimes they seem to get gigs far more regularly then boring old Adelaide :D

This shop that I found had a really large collection of albums. That's where I bought the new turisas album which was only out like 2 - 3 weeks before. So I am a little bit happy. The worst thing is looking for band shirts because it seems like the only place you can get them is at the market. The problem is that they have all these shirts for screamo and core bands so I don't buy any because I don't listen to those type bands. I really want an Amon Amarth t-shirt but I guess that dream will have to wait. Man I am pissed because Amorphis came to Melbourne this month but I am under 18 so I could not have gone to the gig even if I wanted too. Korpiklaani also came this month but the same thing happened. Now I am hoping that if Wintersun ever comes to Australia I will be over 18 so I can finally see them live. Or any other band for that matter. I havent been to Adelaide but I heard they have a lot of churches :)