Anger Thread!

RelentlessOblivion

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell, the gf has arranged a birthday party for her sister at our house and that means all the racist, drunken, immature and frankly abhorrent dross that usually appear at these events for her family will rock up and make a scene inevitably. I am already threatening to stay away and not bother traveling home that weekend. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I thought you had your basement prepared for situations like this. Your cats will miss you :sad:

Cyclists who don't know how to keep a bunch tidy. Seriously if you don't know what you're doing don't form a bunch with other people who don't know what they're doing it's dangerous for you, dangerous for cyclists who DO know what they're doing, and for those around you. On top of that it gives us all a bad reputation and encourages motorists to do wrong by cyclists. How can you allow a bunch to break apart and take up THE ENTIRE ROAD? To get around these morons we almost had to cross the white line and head up the wrong side of the road. One of them then decided he wouldn't take being passed by a tandem so almost caused an accident swinging outside the bike lane and sprinting past us. The shame he must have felt when we passed him again not even a minute later...

probably going to catch a lot of shit for this but, whatevs.  My rant is people who are shouting "homeless vets before refugees!".
 I've gotta say, people who devalue refugee lives just sicken me. They're people too, real actual humans suffering in ways unimaginable, and the people who are shitting on them are fat, lazy, entitled oo-rah shitheads who don't have a clue how EASY they've got it in suburban 'Muricah. These people are paranoid about poor, brown skinned muslims invading their country and making them uncomfortable, and their "vets before refugees" chant just highlights what closet bigots and xenophobes they are.  I'd be refreshing to see one of them actually cop to it and admit they're racist, myopic, self-centered shits who are terrified brown skinned people and think all muslims are terrorists.

Second, Vets are not angels. they didn't 'save our life' or 'give us freedom'.  My grandfather is a marine and my father was in the Navy, I'm no stranger to the nobility of the role but I'm no stranger to the fact that many of them are average people following orders, not saints.  They deserve adequate care and benefits too, ALONG SIDE of refugees, the poor, the mentally ill, the disabled, etc. Compassion shouldn't be doled out in a f*cking priority. Every human life is deserving of it, in equal measure.  What's more, the US can actually afford to care for vets, take in tens of thousands of refugees, and so much more -- but the shitheads in government will see to it that our tax dollars are squandered endlessly for military efforts we never should have started.

And I get where these people are coming from. "lets take care of our problems at home before we worry about those brown muslims on the other side of the planet, we've got enough problems of our own".  These people don't realize how culpable the US is for the instability in the middle east, and the rise of ISIS was due to our own miscalculated efforts in Iraq, and the refugees who have nowhere to go ARE OUR PROBLEM.

Go on, shoot me now. -__-

I agree with both of you. I've seen the various memes and impassioned rhetoric reverberating across Facebook think-space for the past few days. It's a lazy non sequitur, a cheap wedge that's designed to promote partisanship. I think the articles from 2014, about Republicans voting against a veterans' aid bill, are resurfacing in response to that. There have been many compassionate and well-measured responses to the refugee crisis, they just get drowned out in the noise online. 

My two penneth. We are too transactional as human beings, certainly in our interaction with one another. We have developed some bizarre awards interpretation engine that means (as Ghouly alludes to) we now have to qualify a fellow humans need before determining their right to something. The example of the vets is a good one, the media play their fantastic game of blaming the shortcomings of meeting social needs of people on immigration. Immigrants are deemed "less" needy because they never served and killed for their country so should be isolated away from the resources they so desperately (and clearly) need. Humans are dicks! Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

What gets me is the people saying every male refugee is a coward or a terrorist. Placing yourself in great danger by fleeing persecution is not cowardly. Implying that they don't deserve compassion because they "didn't fight back" or "made no attempt to improve things" is absolutely stupid.

Risking your child's life (and your own) by crossing open sea, often in little more than a dingy, to give your child the chance to live without fear of persecution or death at the hands of terrorists is one of the bravest and most selfless acts I have ever heard of.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It sounds like we're all on the same page. Whether or not we are responsible for this specific crisis, the fact remains that we're talking out of both sides of our mouths as a nation. We're just fine with having our troops march all over a nation's sovereignty and blowing up whatever we feel like, but that's only as long as it's their shit getting wrecked. We couldn't be bothered with the inconvenience of helping these people out if it meant that we actually had to open up our borders and coexist with them, because they're good enough for us to kill and boss around, but not good enough to actually help. Yes, VA benefits are fucked (my grandpa died of lymphoma due to Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam, but his healthcare was taken away by the army while he was dying from a disease that they gave him), but that's no excuse for us not to take care of the problems that we at least give lip service to caring about abroad as a reason for unwarranted invasions and military actions.

Aside from the human tragedy, the thing I find most distressing is how many public figures see this situation first (or only) in terms of the balance of political power here at home. They're using the crisis to generate conflict and polarize voters. Having people taking "sides" and bitching about things is exactly what they want. This idiocy on social media has efficiently hijacked the discussion and fooled people into thinking the refugee crisis is a national security threat.

Aside from the human tragedy, the thing I find most distressing is how many public figures see this situation first (or only) in terms of the balance of political power here at home. They're using the crisis to generate conflict and polarize voters. Having people taking "sides" and bitching about things is exactly what they want. This idiocy on social media has efficiently hijacked the discussion and fooled people into thinking the refugee crisis is a national security threat.

This has been their tactic for ages, drawing imaginary party lines across conflicts that people are more emotional and less logical about to pit them against each other. It has served as an impressive distraction in our ADHD generation to allow them to get away with whatever they want while all observation is directed at non-issues and firing blows across supposed party lines. It's all a farce.

After spending an entire morning of our hard earned weekend fixing the Dragon in Law's tv and installing her Amazon Fire she throws a fucking fit saying how she never wanted anything other than normal tv. I had to walk out before I caused WWIII. The girlfriend does so much for her and usually gets responses like today's.

12 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

We got the usual grovelling phone call apology last night.  Blaming her "medication making her tired".  Oh that would be the same medication that you are not supposed to drink on but you picked up a bottle yesterday when we took you shopping?

This termagant reminds me of the mom in Arrested Development if she were phenomenally stupid in addition to all of her other serious shortcomings.

12 hours ago, MacabreEternal said: We got the usual grovelling phone call apology last night.  Blaming her "medication making her tired".  Oh that would be the same medication that you are not supposed to drink on but you picked up a bottle yesterday when we took you shopping?

This termagant reminds me of the mom in Arrested Development if she were phenomenally stupid in addition to all of her other serious shortcomings.

I miss that show, and the mom was the only one to keep her career going on a high note with continuing on to Archer.