Anger Thread!

RelentlessOblivion

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah' date=' one of those top predators that was foolishly introduced by your government to deal with vermin, only to completely destroy the existing ecological balance and ravage the countryside, becoming far worse than the native "vermin" ever could have been? Yeah, I read about those.:D[/quote'] Kinda sucks, I mean the Umbrella Corporation already went through bureaucratic hell just to get a franchise in Australia and now this happens.

My short rant: Black Friday. As if Thanksgiving wasn't bad enough - the typical American practice of whitewashing the truth with a symbolic ritual of fake gratitude that's long since descended into one more excuse for drunken gluttony - we've got Black Friday, which now starts sometime Thursday night. That's right, it's even MORE disgustingly American! Disrupt the one good thing about Thanksgiving: the opportunity to share in a bit of communal time with your family/friends/other loved ones. Leave that dinner early, sucker, and come wait in line! We have all this cheap shit from China, and guess what? We made it EVEN CHEAPER! That's right, asshole, you now have the privilege of risking death by trampling to purchase some more crap you didn't even know you wanted until the fucking circular came out last week, but now, oh, you can't afford not to buy it, so come on in!!! Even at these "steep discounts" we're still turning a profit, and hey, profit is good for everyone! So go ahead, pitch a tent in front of Best Buy while your saner relatives are still on their second helping of turkey, secure in the knowledge that you're part of a true American community. Yes, it's fuckwits like YOU that make this country what it is. Happy Shopping!!!:D

the one good thing about Thanksgiving: the opportunity to share in a bit of communal time with your family/friends/other loved ones.
I typically do this - and take the time to be grateful for what I have on Thanksgiving as well. I hate Black Friday too because it makes people think about Christmas right after Halloween because God forbid we have a holiday centered around gratitude to mediate the gluttony, avarice and self-entitlement. Thanksgiving is actually my father's favorite holiday because it's the only one that doesn't seem to have a burgeoning commercial side. Technically Christmas ought to be a time of joy and gratitude as well, but unfortunately its accompanying crass foulness has been turned into the main theme of the holiday. Even Christmas carols are getting commercially buggered by pop stars who don't mean a bloody word of what they're singing.

Re: The Rant

My short rant: Black Friday. As if Thanksgiving wasn't bad enough - the typical American practice of whitewashing the truth with a symbolic ritual of fake gratitude that's long since descended into one more excuse for drunken gluttony - we've got Black Friday' date=' which now starts sometime Thursday night. That's right, it's even MORE disgustingly American! Disrupt the one good thing about Thanksgiving: the opportunity to share in a bit of communal time with your family/friends/other loved ones. Leave that dinner early, sucker, and come wait in line! We have all this cheap shit from China, and [i']guess what? We made it EVEN CHEAPER! That's right, asshole, you now have the privilege of risking death by trampling to purchase some more crap you didn't even know you wanted until the fucking circular came out last week, but now, oh, you can't afford not to buy it, so come on in!!! Even at these "steep discounts" we're still turning a profit, and hey, profit is good for everyone! So go ahead, pitch a tent in front of Best Buy while your saner relatives are still on their second helping of turkey, secure in the knowledge that you're part of a true American community. Yes, it's fuckwits like YOU that make this country what it is. Happy Shopping!!!:D
black-friday.jpg Also, in a related case of molarchy, K Mart has decided to be open for regular business hours on Thanksgiving, taking it one step farther than all of the midnight madness jackasses. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Also, in a related case of molarchy, K Mart has decided to be open for regular business hours on Thanksgiving, taking it one step farther than all of the midnight madness jackasses. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
That is indeed malarkey. Also: tomfoolery, shenanigans, and just plain batshit craziness. I'm over it already.

I'm tired of pop psychology. From what I can tell, pop psychology tells us that malcontent is a disease that needs to be cured with narcotics and intercourse, and then condescendingly claims that this is somehow a compassionate outlook while completely ignoring whether the complaint is actually true and valid. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of the world, or I'm just too immature to understand, but this strikes me as misguided and immensely frustrating. The whole field seems to result in a poisoning the well fallacy directed against anyone deemed too much of a depressing, foul-tempered killjoy by society. Ironically these killjoys will in all probability find the concept of a shooting rampage terminating in suicide a lot more appealing once finding out that society considers them a pathetic joke and that nobody will take them seriously.

I'm tired of pop psychology. From what I can tell' date=' pop psychology tells us that malcontent is a disease that needs to be cured with narcotics and intercourse, and then condescendingly claims that this is somehow a compassionate outlook while completely ignoring whether the complaint is actually true and valid.[/quote'] Most mental illness isn't considered a disease but a disorder and having someone really close to me who is a schizophrenic, and whose brain also does not produce the chemicals for happiness, I feel pretty strongly that mental illness is something that is very much overlooked, shamed, trivialized and people are left to fall through the cracks. Sure, it's okay to be a grump, or a malcontent, or a dissenter, or a curmudgeon -- those traits in an of themselves are not disorders or diseases which need narcotics or sex to solve. And I do feel like western society is a bit obsessed with the constant need to 'find happiness'. Some people never do find it. That is life. I guess to wrap up my point, a lot of people who operate normally and seem like high-functioning adults who happen to fall on the not-so-happy side, or seem to be quite a malcontent, are often actually suffering from real medical disorders and are either ignored, belittled, falling through the cracks, ashamed, or unable to get adequate psych help. Psychology has taken huuuge leaps in the last 10 years, and mental illness is getting the attention it truly deserves. There are so many approaches to helping these people, and yes, sometimes medication. But there are non-chemical related solutions, as evidenced by how France has been handling children with ADD, vs. the USA. I am really interested in non-pharm approaches to healing these people. Okay I'll stop blabbing now! LOL. You just touched on a point I find very interesting.

I'm tired of pop psychology. From what I can tell, pop psychology tells us that malcontent is a disease that needs to be cured with narcotics and intercourse, and then condescendingly claims that this is somehow a compassionate outlook while completely ignoring whether the complaint is actually true and valid. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of the world, or I'm just too immature to understand, but this strikes me as misguided and immensely frustrating. The whole field seems to result in a poisoning the well fallacy directed against anyone deemed too much of a depressing, foul-tempered killjoy by society. Ironically these killjoys will in all probability find the concept of a shooting rampage terminating in suicide a lot more appealing once finding out that society considers them a pathetic joke and that nobody will take them seriously.
I'm just quoting this so you can't take it down before your rampage. The world will want to know why... :D

Just to clarify, I was complaining more about the idea that someone is considered mentally ill when they complain, not that the mentally ill are poorly treated, although I don't doubt that's the case as well.

I'm just quoting this so you can't take it down before your rampage. The world will want to know why... :D
The world will make its own conclusions, most of them wrong. I'm fairly sure most people my own age have a poor opinion of me, so I'm in little danger of suddenly realizing that. I'm pretty socially lazy at this point since I've already given up the ghost on forming meaningful friendships with anyone. I'm lucky to have one friend at all. My hope is merely to get a job that uses my major skills, has a point, a decent wage and doesn't suck. That's enough reason for me not to give up just yet. ...I really should write lyrics about this.

Re: The Rant

Most mental illness isn't considered a disease but a disorder and having someone really close to me who is a schizophrenic, and whose brain also does not produce the chemicals for happiness, I feel pretty strongly that mental illness is something that is very much overlooked, shamed, trivialized and people are left to fall through the cracks. Sure, it's okay to be a grump, or a malcontent, or a dissenter, or a curmudgeon -- those traits in an of themselves are not disorders or diseases which need narcotics or sex to solve. And I do feel like western society is a bit obsessed with the constant need to 'find happiness'. Some people never do find it. That is life. I guess to wrap up my point, a lot of people who operate normally and seem like high-functioning adults who happen to fall on the not-so-happy side, or seem to be quite a malcontent, are often actually suffering from real medical disorders and are either ignored, belittled, falling through the cracks, ashamed, or unable to get adequate psych help. Psychology has taken huuuge leaps in the last 10 years, and mental illness is getting the attention it truly deserves. There are so many approaches to helping these people, and yes, sometimes medication. But there are non-chemical related solutions, as evidenced by how France has been handling children with ADD, vs. the USA. I am really interested in non-pharm approaches to healing these people. Okay I'll stop blabbing now! LOL. You just touched on a point I find very interesting.
My uncle suffered a breakdown when he was 18 and has been schizophrenic and OCD ever since. We mostly just see him at family gatherings, but his situation has always been a reality to me since I was a kid. He has been medicated on copious amounts of drugs for a long time, and they have certainly not improved his situation, and have likely made him worse. Drugs are not the solution, they make him a bit more docile and easy to deal with on a day to day basis, but I feel they've actually contributed in the long-term decaying of his mind. Drugs are not made to fix problems, they are made to medicate. They either dull or treat a symptom, but are designed to cure the root cause of the issue, as curing the problem would take away the income stream from the pharmaceutical company. The answers don't lie in that industry, the problem would be more permanently and effectively handled by psychology/counseling and proper nutrition (the body cannot manufacture the proper chemicals and hormones without the proper raw materials), which is mostly lacking in our factory food world. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

We have an ad campaign down here promoting the support of people with mental illness which I think would only be necessary if people weren't completely ignorant of it. Astonishing how in 2013 people with real problems such as mental illness can still be treated like hypochondriacs. Mental illness is something which has affected me on a personal level having twice endured clinical depression. I'm happy to report I've made it through mostly unscathed though there is still a great deal of residual self doubt from my most recent bout with it.