Now...?

NTNR

Eating - Nothing Drinking - Water Listening - The fan Doing - Cooling down, it's incredibly hot outside. Thinking - I'm really sick of hearing about pot. To the point of anger in fact. I've never done it and never plan on doing it. Not everyone likes it. There's nothing redeeming about it. If you're life is so horrible that you need to take it then you should just kill yourself. There's no reason to live if you need something like pot to get through your life.

NTNR, first, your argument works equally for any drug, which makes you either straight edge or a hypocrite. Second, if you've never used pot then you don't know what it's like, so where do you get off making such judgments on the people that do use it? I'm sick of ignorant hypocrites, to the point of anger in fact. :(

NTNR, first, your argument works equally for any drug, which makes you either straight edge or a hypocrite. Second, if you've never used pot then you don't know what it's like, so where do you get off making such judgments on the people that do use it? I'm sick of ignorant hypocrites, to the point of anger in fact. :(
I've never done a drug in my life, nor have I ever been drunk. I'm not straight edge, that's just another hate group (in my state at least) I just live a life of sobriety. I don't have to try it to know I don't like it. I've never jumped in front of a speeding car to know I probably wouldn't like it. I am sick of it. Sick of hearing about it and people speaking about it like it's god. I've read about it and spoken with enough people who do it to know it's bad.

it's personal choice Mike' date=' that's what everything comes back to, never done pot, might try it some day, that doesn't mean my life is horrible. You've chosen a life of sobriety and that's fine but that doesn't mean you get to condemn everyone who doesn't follow the same path.[/quote'] I'm speaking out about this now because I'm sick of hearing people talk about it. I'm sick of reading about weed culture. There is so much more to life than fucking drugs. If you're going to do it keep it to yourself. I hope you don't do it if/when you're confronted with the decision. Just because somethings there doesn't mean you have to do it and I'm really just gut fucking sick of people ramming it down the throats of all within ear shot. That's all I'm going to say about it.

if the opportunity came up and I did knock it back that wouldn't be the first time I've refused the offer of narcotics in my life, I'm a little curious about marijuana largely because it's a naturally occurring substance and from what I can tell it's less harmful to the body then alcohol (assuming moderation of course)

I'm speaking out about this now because I'm sick of hearing people talk about it. I'm sick of reading about weed culture. There is so much more to life than fucking drugs. If you're going to do it keep it to yourself. I hope you don't do it if/when you're confronted with the decision. Just because somethings there doesn't mean you have to do it and I'm really just gut fucking sick of people ramming it down the throats of all within ear shot. That's all I'm going to say about it.
I totally agree, and I have the same complaint with regards to sex. BAN's experience with marijuana doesn't bother me, precisely because he doesn't do this kind of thing. From what I can tell there's a lot more to his character than just that. The stoners I've met (outside the forum) are lazy and stupid people with a remarkable amount of arrogance and condescension, a natural result of lack of control over one's ego when one belongs to a small group. They seem to have a martyr complex about the whole thing. I think metal stoners just skip over the sanctimony and straight to the enjoyment (or the music, in the case of Cathedral) but I've seen an awful lot of more-enlightened-than-you sentiment from the stoners I've met.
You've chosen a life of sobriety and that's fine but that doesn't mean you get to condemn everyone who doesn't follow the same path.
If he has a good reason, I don't see why not. For my part, I'm tired of people being told that they can't judge other people's behavior. Those who exhort anyone to let their critical faculties atrophy in the face of 'keeping things chummy' (as if criticism will somehow break friendships) are doing exactly the same rubbish to that person, by judging that person's choice to criticize. If they want to keep an equilibrium, maybe they ought to become conscious of how their own actions affect others - again, something that they tend to command others to do but never bother practicing themselves.

Re: Now...? It's easy to preach when you don't know shit about a given subject and/or have no experience with it. Having an opinion is one thing, becoming a holier than thou asshole is another thing entirely. It doesn't work for you? Fine. Great. Gluten doesn't work for some people, but you don't hear me ramming your pizza habit down your fucking throat. Lactose doesn't work for some people, why the fuck does it matter? If you don't like hearing about something, don't pay attention to it, nobody is forcing you to listen. Mormons do it all the time, they just don't watch some channels instead of bitching about content that others enjoy. It's not like everything on TV and the radio is in Spanish, there's stuff out there for everyone, plenty to occupy your interest without worrying about things that don't have any influence on you. I just saw a tampon commercial on TV, now I'm going to go start a riot because I shouldn't have to watch that shit if I'm never going to use it... Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm very jaded on this subject due to having more then my fair share of judgement heaped upon me for my choices in life specifically relating to alcohol. My home town has the "affectionate" nickname City of Churches, a nickname given because there are more churches in the city then anywhere else in Australia. On more then one occasion this has lead to members of one church group or another protesting outside drinking establishments because they serve alcohol. I even recall one instance where one of these people actually entered the pub to chastise all who were drinking. I don't have a problem with people's choices in life, I may not agree with said choices but if everyone thought and acted the same way life would be boring, all I want is for people to not constantly try and impose their chosen lifestyle onto everyone who has a different one. If someone's lifestyle isn't hurting you or the people you care about what right do you have to intrude in an attempt to force change?

I'm not going to debate this any further, as debate has no point at all. People never change their position because of debate, they just get madder. But, NTNR, you do remind me that I really just don't like most people, have no reason to attempt communication with any of them, and no reason to have friends.

I'm not going to debate this any further' date=' as debate has no point at all. People never change their position because of debate, they just get madder. But, NTNR, you do remind me that I really just don't like most people, have no reason to attempt communication with any of them, and no reason to have friends.[/quote'] How have I skipped this? Perhaps because I don't really see the point in fighting about such a thing. As long as you don't harm anyone with what you are doing and you're fine with yourself, why not. I do agree that in order to discuss something you should have at least some experience with what you are talking about. Mine is almost insignificant. I think you'll be fine if you smoke weed with moderation&your brain won't shrink immediately. Even if it does, it is your choice. Parker, I don't think that discussing things doesn't change one's opinion. Good arguments that made sense helped me see things in a different light on many subject. Such things are important for growing&creating an opinion of your own. Actually I think that the opinion you have on a subject should not be unchangeable as a rock, but on the contrary, one should listen, discuss, read - it is something that helps you have a more complex&complete vision instead of making you mad.

I'll echo everyone's sentiments about not worrying about things that don't affect you. That's basically the point of what I was getting at, though I was having a bit of a meltdown regarding something else entirely when I posted that diatribe. Nobody ever said not to have an opinion or not debate about stuff, just that it boils down to personal choice, and there's no reason to demonize something or someone because of their choices that will never have any influence on your life.

And with that: Eating - Carrots Drinking - Water Listening - To the fan (no one turned it off last night) Doing - Typing Thinking - I'm thinking about getting the complete works of H.P. Lovecraft today. I've found I rather like what little I've read thus far.

I didn't meen to get, "huffy," I was just making an honest post: I don't like people, attempting to communicate with others is pointless and absurd, and most suposed friends stab you in the back. I'm going to the psych ward now, unless I just kill myself instead.