What's on your mind?

Apoc

Re: What's on your mind?

I'm very glad there was all this doom on here - It's very good study music because you don't have to keep switching songs. I've come to love Forest Stream' date=' Solstice, October Tide, Funeral, Revelations Of Rain and Doom:VS so far. Pity shirts are few and far between.[/quote'] Yeah, I definitely need more doom shirts myself. Right now I think I only have Candlemass, Cathedral, Daylight Dies, Novembers Doom, Virgin Black, and an Avernus longsleeve.

I know Evoken' date=' October Tide and Solstice have shirts available and the designs look good. However, it is annoying that they aren't available on Amazon. Still though, a Solstice longsleeve would be awesome... :P[/quote'] I don't wear longsleeves as often as I would like to. I love the winter and cold weather, and even when the snow is falling you'll usually see me in short sleeves and either a jacket or hoodie, as once I go inside the sleeves usually overheat me.

Re: What's on your mind? One of the employees at the school cafeteria today criticized me for not listening to much besides metal. He seemed to be saying it was better to keep an open mind, except that he openly admitted to eschewing metal because it 'wasn't his thing'. He said the usual 'I listen to all kinds of music' spiel...which always seems to be code for 'except any metal whatsoever'. For some weird reason, when I made it plain that I didn't like much else because most of everything else 'wasn't my thing', and that I nonetheless appreciated the technicality of some of the bands he mentioned he acted as if that wasn't a valid reason for not listening to it. :roll: Not that it was much of an argument anyhow, every single time I tried to make a point he mainly reacted by being flabbergasted. Oh, and he thought Myrath sounded like Nine Inch Nails. :|

Re: What's on your mind? had someone on the bus today start talking to me about music after he saw my Nevertanezra shirt (it's a lovely sunny day so why not wear it) when it became clear to him Nevertanezra are a metal band he started talking about how much "harder" it is to write even a bad pop song as opposed to the supposedly ease of writing good metal songs, and every time I tried to make a point to the contrary he criticised my "musical ignorance" some people just can't take it when people disagree with them

had someone on the bus today start talking to me about music after he saw my Nevertanezra shirt (it's a lovely sunny day so why not wear it) when it became clear to him Nevertanezra are a metal band he started talking about how much "harder" it is to write even a bad pop song as opposed to the supposedly ease of writing good metal songs' date=' and every time I tried to make a point to the contrary he criticised my "musical ignorance" some people just can't take it when people disagree with them[/quote'] That's when you should've said: "It's better to be thought of as a fool and keep your mouth shut, then to open it and remove all doubt." and then turned your music player on and ignored him. :mrgreen:

when it became clear to him Nevertanezra are a metal band he started talking about how much "harder" it is to write even a bad pop song as opposed to the supposedly ease of writing good metal songs' date=' and every time I tried to make a point to the contrary he criticised my "musical ignorance" some people just can't take it when people disagree with them[/quote'] The funny thing is that I was talking with a colleague of mine about starting a metal radio show, since that's one of the extracurricular activities available here. This colleague thought it'd be nice to have a more metal show since he himself was restricted to a handful of traditional metal and glam bands by way of demand. When this other non-metal-fan fellow got involved in the conversation he seemed to think it was a bad idea since I had to pay attention to how many people would actually be listening. :lol: Wasn't really one of my considerations, especially since I didn't expect to get paid for it.

Re: What's on your mind? DevilDriver is an odd band. They could be great if they simply changed vocalist and got rid of the chump who writes their lyrics, because it's those two things that completely destroy their metal cred. They can write great material, so if they just got a vocalist who could actually growl consistently and wrote lyrics without making recourse to expletives as often they could, they might be able to escape sounding like some awful synthesis of Decapitated and Five Finger Death Punch.

I actually want to start a similar project, the only exposure metal is given here is a one hour slot on an underground radio station once a month and yet I see so many people walking around uni or in the ciry wearing metal shirts and in the cd store complaining about the lack of quality metal bands available there

I actually want to start a similar project, the only exposure metal is given here is a one hour slot on an underground radio station once a month and yet I see so many people walking around uni or in the ciry wearing metal shirts and in the cd store complaining about the lack of quality metal bands available there
Once a month? Good heavens. I know there is more demand in this polis at any rate, but I'm very wary of giving up my time to do anything.

Re: What's on your mind? There is a "metal" radio show here in Utah, it's on one night a week for 3 hours, but they mostly just play modern metalcore/deathcore crap. On a 3 hour radio show, they maybe play 5-10 songs I can enjoy. Our drummer used to do a radio show on the same station in the 90's, and now he's trying to get that show back, otherwise I might be knocking on their doors to try to get a slot.

why can't I stop listening to black metal? seriously since Wednesday it's all I've listened to' date=' it's all I want to listen to, does that mean I'm going to hell? lol[/quote'] I get those times for all different genres, I'll change it away for an album or two and then go right back. I just came off of doing this with death metal a few months ago, now I've been hitting a variety of black, power, thrash, and doom metal.

• 2 weeks later...