What's on your mind?

Apoc

I really would like to strap on a go-pro and let yall have a live feed of the utter shit i stir up each week. Mostly because if I were to tell you here I'd sound full of shit. 

And yeah, that isolation thing didnt go so according to plan. Im okay with it though!

Yesterday I watched this new HBO documentary on Sinatra called All or Nothing at All, and it was absolutely great. I'm a huge fan of the american standard crooners and such, I could talk for days on it. Definitely my favorite genre next to metal and rap (IMO it was the canvas rap was painted on) and I thought this one did an amazing job at detailing Frank's personal life while still focusing on the music and how it all came to be. Never realized it but I personally found parts of his early life and career incredibly relatable, very well worth a watch for anyone.

I really would like to strap on a go-pro and let yall have a live feed of the utter shit i stir up each week. Mostly because if I were to tell you here I'd sound full of shit. 

And yeah, that isolation thing didnt go so according to plan. Im okay with it though!

Yesterday I watched this new HBO documentary on Sinatra called All or Nothing at All, and it was absolutely great. I'm a huge fan of the american standard crooners and such, I could talk for days on it. Definitely my favorite genre next to metal and rap (IMO it was the canvas rap was painted on) and I thought this one did an amazing job at detailing Frank's personal life while still focusing on the music and how it all came to be. Never realized it but I personally found parts of his early life and career incredibly relatable, very well worth a watch for anyone.

'When I was seventeen, it was a very good year..'  Frank was great, hehe, my dad and i will watch this, he plays him everyday  :) 

A whole week without wifi at my hotel and then caravan park (hotel had wifi but wasn't secured so i wasn't touching that with a bargepole) has done me the world of good - minimal Facebook, limited Instagram and no spam emails to check.  Also mean't that I had no music to stream other than what was on my phone so it has been a quiet week, had a few good walks out tho which was refreshing after driving 8 and a half hours on Monday to get to the client.  Managed to to get to where the gf was staying with her family for Friday and spend the night with her - thankfully her family had left that morning - with a nice ocean view.  We made it home yesterday in record time and still have managed to have a proper weekend to boot.

When palm muting you place your palm on the string/s and then play the note. You mute with your picking hand unlike a regular mute which is performed using the fretting hand. The closer your palm to the body of your guitar the less muted notes will sound. Hope that helps and doesn't sound insulting at all 'cause that would be awkward.

Do you bass players not palm mute? Makes me wonder what other techniques you might find tricky at first. Which Priest songs are you learning anyway? I can remember the start of Breaking The Law and up to the pre-chorus of The Hellion/Electric Eye (wish I could do better but hey I can work on that).

Many bass players do, but I never learned how. I never had any formal lessons for bass and made it up as I went along (I never even learnt how to hold the damn thing). There are some things I am excellent at and some areas where my skills are severely lacking.

As for the Judas Priest thing, I'm currently looking at "You've got another thing coming" and a few other bits here and there. Halls of Valhalla is a little out of my comfort zone but is good fun.

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/j/judas_priest/halls_of_valhalla_tab.htm

Just be careful with tab sites they aren't always entirely accurate and not all tabs are complete. You can more or less work it out if you're familiar with the song and it isn't too complex but for something like Coroner or Death tabs will likely be much less useful unless you've bought an official tab book authorised by the band.

This past weekend my band officially got kicked out of the slaughter house where we have been practicing. It sounds pretty metal to practice in a slaughter house, but it kind of sucked really. It was a small room with terrible lighting and a concrete floor. It kind of smelled funny as well. It is going to be a sauerkraut factory now with a miso sublet in the very room we practiced in, so no more metal, it's all to be given over to lactofermentation. We have big plans though, so don't worry about us. All the same the drummers kit is stacked up in an old dairy barn and we are out of commission for the time being. We are lined up to play at our friends wedding in October, which will be our first performance. We are no where near ready, but is there not plenty of time?

Not necessarily. I would think the sudden absence of caffeine would play havoc with your hormones as your body tries to compensate. It will likely take some time for your body to adjust from restful sleep with caffeine to a routine without it. Not that I'm an expert or anything.

Anyway this Friday just got real interesting. I'm no longer cooking (grr) because my brother and his girlfriend are now joining us for dinner. In fact it's my brother, his girlfriend, her baby from a previous relationship, my girlfriend, her guide dog, and possibly my other brother so packed house.

Not necessarily. I would think the sudden absence of caffeine would play havoc with your hormones as your body tries to compensate. It will likely take some time for your body to adjust from restful sleep with caffeine to a routine without it. Not that I'm an expert or anything.

Anyway this Friday just got real interesting. I'm no longer cooking (grr) because my brother and his girlfriend are now joining us for dinner. In fact it's my brother, his girlfriend, her baby from a previous relationship, my girlfriend, her guide dog, and possibly my other brother so packed house.

That sounds like it could really suck. No privacy possible, huh? Good luck, in any case. 

Yeah, well we'll see, might have a couple hours with no one around. Whatever happens happens I guess.

Interesting side note: things have actually been a lot better at home recently. Kind of makes me nervous 'cause experience has taught me that shit is likely to kick off big time soonishly.