What's on your mind?

Apoc

Looks like I'm gonna see Melt Banana in November and possibly Obituary this coming month. Never have seen Obituary' date=' though I've been into them since Cause Of Death - which I still think is their best album. I know one of the bands that's opening for them. Should be a good time. And I just found out that a band I knew a few years ago, called Pyrrhon, got signed to Relapse recently! I didn't even know they were still around. Things are happening all around me![/quote'] I've been into Obituary since The End Complete. It's fav and their best. Cause of Death would've sucked if not for James. They're a band I'd love to see before they quit and/or I die. I'm stoked to see Helloween this month.

Re: What's on your mind?

I liked End Complete ok' date=' but felt like it was a more poppy version of Cause Of Death, and I agree that James Murphy's solos improved that album a lot. I didn't like the band quite as much without them. Obituary was a high school favorite, I don't play them too much anymore, but I'd like to see them since I never have.[/quote'] Yeah, The End Complete is similar to Cause of Death (minus the brilliant lead work), but almost like a less vicious, more sedated version. It's still okay, but it doesn't get me fired up like Cause of Death or Slowly We Rot. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, The End Complete is similar to Cause of Death (minus the brilliant lead work), but almost like a less vicious, more sedated version. It's still okay, but it doesn't get me fired up like Cause of Death or Slowly We Rot. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
The End Complete was one of the best (and one of the first) American doom/death albums of the 90's. The slow simplistic riffs the minimalistic drumming and demented vocals are just awesome. Cause of Death was Obituary trying to hard to compete with their contemporaries on their turf. The End Complete is a logical conclusion to Slowly We Rot.

The End Complete was one of the best (and one of the first) American doom/death albums of the 90's. The slow simplistic riffs the minimalistic drumming and demented vocals are just awesome. Cause of Death was Obituary trying to hard to compete with their contemporaries on their turf. The End Complete is a logical conclusion to Slowly We Rot.
Nah, The End Complete is Cause of Death on tranquilizers. It's okay, but I start yawning a couple of minutes into it. I'm not sure how CoD was Obituary "competing with contemporaries on their turf" when nobody else in Florida was playing slow Celtic Frosty jams like them. You could compare them to bands like Autopsy, Cianide, and Winter from other scenes, but Obituary was around longer and dropped CoD before most of those "competitors" even had an album out. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Nah, The End Complete is Cause of Death on tranquilizers. It's okay, but I start yawning a couple of minutes into it. I'm not sure how CoD was Obituary "competing with contemporaries on their turf" when nobody else in Florida was playing slow Celtic Frosty jams like them. You could compare them to bands like Autopsy, Cianide, and Winter from other scenes, but Obituary was around longer and dropped CoD before most of those "competitors" even had an album out. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
I get bored with CoD after the second track. I have a very hard time listening to that album all the way through. TEC on the other hand keeps me engaged and wanting more. If there's any problem with it, it's too short. CoD couldn't end fast enough. I've almost sold CoD a few times because it's the one Obituary album I rarely listen too. Yes James Murphy is a god but not even he could make that album rock like he did with Cancer, Death and Testament. Like I said, it's American doom/death at its finest. Cianide was generic death metal and Autopsy only had two good albums. TEC blows both away in every way possible.

I get bored with CoD after the second track. I have a very hard time listening to that album all the way through. TEC on the other hand keeps me engaged and wanting more. If there's any problem with it' date=' it's too short. CoD couldn't end fast enough. I've almost sold CoD a few times because it's the one Obituary album I rarely listen too. Yes James Murphy is a god but not even he could make that album rock like he did with Cancer, Death and Testament. Like I said, it's American doom/death at its finest. Cianide was generic death metal and Autopsy only had two good albums. TEC blows both away in every way possible.[/quote'] Not a chance, James Murphy is only one good facet of the album, it also features their best riffs, songs, vocals, and energy. Cianide was doom/death, you just happen to have their one death metal album. Autopsy is a great contender for old Obituary though. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

That was a running joke for a while FA' date=' seems once again they've forgotten their vows :D[/quote'] He doesn't even look at me anymore, and I never feel sexy. I get my hair done up nice, I play some kickin metal jams, I get us burritos, and all he can do is drool over that bitch Buffy on TV. FML. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Man cycling training was both outstanding and awful tonight. Back after four weeks out with injury and illness. Get through the warmup no worries, then I'm told what the efforts for the night will be...kilos (1 kilometer at maximum effort). Kilos suck at the best of times but when you're just returning from a lengthy hiatus they're ten times worse. How much worse you ask? well my night ended with me puking into a bin.

Helloween was pretty cool and I like their new album, much more than Rabbit Don't Come Easy but it's lacking something. Perhaps it's the straight forward headbanging songs they used to make. This album was pretty much all arena anthems and while they are alright, they are best in moderation. Plus the leads are pretty sloppy. I'm not saying they suck by any means, but watching what they do and seeing how simplistic some of it is really changed my opinion of them. This album is certainly trying to be a simplistic & fun rocker, unlike Better than Raw and the Dark Ride which were just awesome power metal CD's. They put on a hell of a show too. I'd see them again.