What's on your mind?

Apoc

What's on my mind: My album is two songs away from being finished. It's coming together well and I'm pretty stoked about it. I hope to see it released through Oak Knoll Productions early next year. I'm in the process of putting together a live band' date=' as well. I've just started a thread about it here with links to three of my newer tracks. I've also posted all of the demo tracks for the new album, as well as the entirety of my last album, "Ingrate", on my soundcloud profile. It's melodic death metal with some black metal and progressive influences. Check it out and let me know what you think!
I didn't know Oak Knoll was still in business. Crazy! That's cool that you're almost done with your album. It's always a wonderful feeling of accomplishment when you complete something that powerful. I'm happy my wife found the missing recorder. Good things should start happening!!

I don't think they ever actually went out of business. My understanding was that Jeremy had just stopped releasing stuff for a while. He's got two kids, so that's two full time jobs already! But he released the last two BH albums and we've stayed in touch. He expressed interest when I sent him a couple of demos earlier in the year, and I've been sending him everything as it's completed.. So, we'll see how it goes. I'm really proud of what I've got together so far and I'm hopeful that things will work out. Good luck with your recording! I've been listening to your Soundcloud stuff a bunch recently.

Re: What's on your mind?

I don't think they ever actually went out of business. My understanding was that Jeremy had just stopped releasing stuff for a while. He's got two kids, so that's two full time jobs already! But he released the last two BH albums and we've stayed in touch. He expressed interest when I sent him a couple of demos earlier in the year, and I've been sending him everything as it's completed.. So, we'll see how it goes. I'm really proud of what I've got together so far and I'm hopeful that things will work out. Good luck with your recording! I've been listening to your Soundcloud stuff a bunch recently.
I got an email from soudcloud saying that you are following us, but it didn't download properly, so I'm not sure what else it said. I still haven't checked out your band yet and I really have no good excuse as to why, so I'll have to remedy that. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Heh. You don't need an excuse. But, with your knowledge of metal these days, I'd be especially curious to hear your opinions. I've been out of the loop and only recently realized how dead Myspace is - it was our main promotional outlet for years. But if I can change a diaper and build a deck, I can get my songs up on the new sites and start reaching out to people.

Heh. You don't need an excuse. But' date=' with your knowledge of metal these days, I'd be especially curious to hear your opinions. I've been out of the loop and only recently realized how dead Myspace is - it was our main promotional outlet for years. But if I can change a diaper and build a deck, I can get my songs up on the new sites and start reaching out to people.[/quote'] I really don't keep up with modern metal all that much. I'm a young guy that showed up after much of my favorite music was already said and done, so I've spent 10 or so years trying to gain traction on 40 years worth of metal. I'm always trying to catch up, and new releases are usually the ones that get left out in favor of older stuff. I'm on a couple of other forums though, and most of the guys on those forums do focus on new stuff. I tend to check out what they post, and if I really dig it, I'll bump it up to the top of the list. Otherwise though, I wouldn't say that I have my ear as firmly pressed to the ground of the modern era as most. I'm getting my oil changed now, but if it's still slow when I get back to the office, I'll be checking out Black Harvest. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

You might dig the song that my screen name is from. It's up on the Soundcloud page. Definitely the doomiest thing I've gotten to record' date=' and one of my oldest - the album came out two years ago but the recording is from 2004.[/quote'] I certainly did, the melodies were excellent. I haven't made it to the others yet, but that track was great. Any copies for sale? Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Going to drive a rig on the freeway either tomorrow or Thursday and I'm not gonna lie I'm scared shitless, I've had only about 2 days on the road driving and now I have to go onto the freeway. FUCK!!! Well lets hope I make it back with the truck in one piece. Other than that I must say it's being going pretty well overall though.

So YOU'RE that guy I'm always wondering about on the highway, like "what the fuck is this guy doing behind the wheel of a truck"... :D It'll be great. Good luck. Glad to see you back, figured you were busy for the past few days. How are you liking it?
hahaha Thanks for the words of inspiration, and I have been very busy, this is apparently an advanced class which I didn't know about till yesterday. Makes sense though considering i had my permit within two days of being here. It's a lot of work but within 2 weeks they will get you your class A, which is nice but it basically leaves no time for goofing around or rest, it's all study study study. I don't mind but it's the fact that ya don't get enough time with the instructors. However it's looks like I can pass this with enough studying. I test on this coming Friday, don't know if I should be happy or worried hahaha. But all in all I like it and it's given me a new respect for truck drivers since I see what they have to go through on a daily basis and believe me truck driving aint all fun and games it'a a lot of work and driving with no leeway from the police the company you work for or from DOT(Department of Transportation). If your on the road when your not supposed to be or you don't update your logbooks daily DOT will have you ass in the grinder within the hour. It's a LOT of work just to drive a truck and that's no joke.

I've never driven a big rig, closest I've ever come was a 22' truck for moving and later for the landscaping company. But, I did work at a truck stop for a while and saw firsthand how miserable some of those guys were. There were a few cool ones that really seemed to work at having a personal life and keeping in shape. Be one of the cool ones! Honestly, even though I hate driving, it's something I had considered in the past, as a way to just escape for a while. You seem like a bright guy, I'm sure your test will go great.

Going to drive a rig on the freeway either tomorrow or Thursday and I'm not gonna lie I'm scared shitless' date=' I've had only about 2 days on the road driving and now I have to go onto the freeway. FUCK!!! Well lets hope I make it back with the truck in one piece. Other than that I must say it's being going pretty well overall though.[/quote'] Are you in UT yet? My cousin did long haul for about 4 years in the 90's and hated it. He works for one of the local companies now (I can't recall the name). If you're in UT you should meet up with Ban and I tomorrow at the Esoteric gig.

hahaha Thanks for the words of inspiration' date=' and I have been very busy, this is apparently an advanced class which I didn't know about till yesterday. Makes sense though considering i had my permit within two days of being here. It's a lot of work but within 2 weeks they will get you your class A, which is nice but it basically leaves no time for goofing around or rest, it's all study study study. I don't mind but it's the fact that ya don't get enough time with the instructors. However it's looks like I can pass this with enough studying. I test on this coming Friday, don't know if I should be happy or worried hahaha. But all in all I like it and it's given me a new respect for truck drivers since I see what they have to go through on a daily basis and believe me truck driving aint all fun and games it'a a lot of work and driving with no leeway from the police the company you work for or from DOT(Department of Transportation). If your on the road when your not supposed to be or you don't update your logbooks daily DOT will have you ass in the grinder within the hour. It's a LOT of work just to drive a truck and that's no joke.[/quote'] I run a delivery company, so I definitely have an idea of what you mean. We don't run any big rigs, but we do have 2 26' bobtails 26000 gvw, and I end up driving them a fair bit. People will act like complete fucking morons with you when you're in a big vehicle, when it should be respect. Whether or not the truck driver is fucking up doesn't matter, people need to realize that if there is an incident, your vehicle has only a fraction of the mass of that truck, and you're the one that will be injured/killed. I've had people go into oncoming traffic just so they didn't have to drive behind me, risking the lives of others because I can't accelerate as quickly. Fuck them. If you just remember how fucking moronic other drivers will be around you (and they will, there is no avoiding it), you should be fine. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Are you in UT yet? My cousin did long haul for about 4 years in the 90's and hated it. He works for one of the local companies now (I can't recall the name). If you're in UT you should meet up with Ban and I tomorrow at the Esoteric gig.
I won't be in Utah till the middle of next week at the soonest. It would cool if yall could find out if there's any shows around then. I try to meet up when I can since me and the trainer might have to do a 34 hour reset.

I run a delivery company, so I definitely have an idea of what you mean. We don't run any big rigs, but we do have 2 26' bobtails 26000 gvw, and I end up driving them a fair bit. People will act like complete fucking morons with you when you're in a big vehicle, when it should be respect. Whether or not the truck driver is fucking up doesn't matter, people need to realize that if there is an incident, your vehicle has only a fraction of the mass of that truck, and you're the one that will be injured/killed. I've had people go into oncoming traffic just so they didn't have to drive behind me, risking the lives of others because I can't accelerate as quickly. Fuck them. If you just remember how fucking moronic other drivers will be around you (and they will, there is no avoiding it), you should be fine. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
I hate that, even in the truck i use that says student driver people still act like idiots and they always try to pass me on my blind right side and then honk and get pissed off when they get into an accident. I'm gonna be driving a 53' refrigerated trailer(they call'em reefer drivers :) haha love that name). People don't realize how hard it is to drive something with 53' of trailer behind it.