suggestions

A7X stoner ftw

Iceni: the current high profile of racism' date=' on the list of societal ills, is the product of decades of hard work by a lot of people to combat pernicious, deeply entrenched xenophobia. And it's still very much a real problem beneath the surface in every place I've lived. You, out of any of us, should know better than to take it out of context.[/quote'] I was referring to racism as a method of discrimination, not as a social phenomenon. I'm well aware of the difference and I'm well aware of the effect it has as a social phenomenon.

I was referring to racism as a method of discrimination' date=' not as a social phenomenon. [/quote'] I don't think you can separate the two. Intellectually, sure, but not practically speaking. It's discrimination as a social phenomenon. It's not perceived intellectually or philosophically by the people I know who've suffered from it. The worst part, from conversations I've had with people, is growing up wondering if the people who hate you are right.

Re: Let's Help Each Other Discover NEW BANDS. Back on topic, I'm surprised at how much shit this is getting. I actually think it's a good idea, one band per day highlighted by various posters in whatever style they choose. I'm all for the topical discussions, nobody is saying to do away with those, but let's be honest, have any of you actually gone through all of the video lists I've made? Lists are great and have their purpose, but giving one band at a time a random chance, as opposed to wading through a sea of recommendations could have some potential. Of course there will be redundancies, but it's not as though they don't already exist in other places on here. I say we give it a go, could open some doors up for some people. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I think it's more a reaction to the "rules" being strictly applied by the OP then to the idea of the thread itself. I agree the idea itself has some potential. So let's get this party started. Oh yeah ok I am never saying that again. Myrddraal aMmehUWAqfg Myrddraal are a black metal band based in Canberra, Australia. I know not the first place that springs to mind when thinking of black metal. I've been trying to find physical copies of their material for some time now and I'm having little luck.

Re: Let's Help Each Other Discover NEW BANDS. I'm not super keen on the terms myself, but I have no problem putting a disclaimer or "warning" of the content, but it could just be listed in a brief synopsis of what we're about to hear. Other than the restrictive part though, I'm down. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Hold your horses there, Relentless, we owe the OP a listen through his song. I wasn't particularly blown away by it; to my ears it sounded like a cross between later Dark Tranquillity and Opeth, but not really an inventive one. I liked some of the riffs, but for the most part it was stock melodeath without a lot of energy. The vocals didn't do a lot for me either. But it sounds like stuff that would appeal to some other posters here, and it's well-played and well-recorded.

I'm not super keen on the terms myself, but I have no problem putting a disclaimer or "warning" of the content, but it could just be listed in a brief synopsis of what we're about to hear. Other than the restrictive part though, I'm down. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Ban I do a horns up lookup. There is always. A. Vo profile block up and also I got this strange. Message with span class every once in a while I post. Is there a way u can. Take care of this for me

None of my posts from earlier went through.. They "require a moderator to approve them" for whatever reason.. Don't quite know why that is. I don't even know if this one will go through, but I've been ATTEMPTING to stay in the conversation.. Also I didn't mean ONLY one thing posted per day lol I just was hoping people would come back to post more.. The more the merrier.

Re: Let's Help Each Other Discover NEW BANDS.

None of my posts from earlier went through.. They "require a moderator to approve them" for whatever reason.. Don't quite know why that is. I don't even know if this one will go through' date=' but I've been ATTEMPTING to stay in the conversation.. Also I didn't mean ONLY one thing posted per day lol I just was hoping people would come back to post more.. The more the merrier.[/quote'] Just emailed you back about that, it's a weird glitch in the system, not sure why it happens. It doesn't seem to continue for any one user after the first couple of times. They should still be visible on my end, when I find them, I'll fix it so they can be seen. As far as the OP goes, I believe it says everyone can post a band per day, unless I have read it incorrectly. I would assume that this is the case, otherwise it would say anyone (or any "one" ) and only taking on one band per day might be a bit too slow going. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Let's Help Each Other Discover NEW BANDS.

Hold your horses there' date=' Relentless, we owe the OP a listen through his song. I wasn't particularly blown away by it; to my ears it sounded like a cross between later Dark Tranquillity and Opeth, but not really an inventive one. I liked some of the riffs, but for the most part it was stock melodeath without a lot of energy. The vocals didn't do a lot for me either. But it sounds like stuff that would appeal to some other posters here, and it's well-played and well-recorded.[/quote'] I liked the melodies, but otherwise I'm inclined to agree. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Let's Help Each Other Discover NEW BANDS. My submission: fVJNAObGWlY The Chasm, my favorite death metal band. There may be albums I would place higher than some of theirs, but they're just so fucking consistently powerful that they deserve the top spot. The drumming is excellent, the vocals varied and passionate, and the guitars and bass are magnificent. The songs progress in epic fashion, the atmosphere is one of dark triumph, yet the melodies and leads have a melancholic, cosmic air to them. Just amazingly well written, aggressive, beautiful, and original death metal, and never with any missteps, all of their albums kill. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, you did not exaggerate. If I had to level one complaint it would be that it progressed a mite slowly on the beginning, but otherwise it was extremely well done and kept my attention well. The rhythm sense did wonders for keeping the song barreling ahead.

My submission: The Chasm, my favorite death metal band.
Excellent pick. Haven't heard of these guys before. Usually I'm not too fond of most bands hailing from south/central america, but these guys are pretty damn good. I'm gonna throw another one at you guys real quick:
Obscure Sphinx. A pretty damn good Doom/Sludge Metal band in my opinion. This a full album stream for you to enjoy if you so choose. I recommend you skip around the video a bit though. Some great moments on this record.