suggestions

A7X stoner ftw

Hey yall. I'm brand new here, and thought I'd contribute in a unique way. Let's all contribute to this thread. Everybody post a different metal band, not repeating anything anyone else has posted. This way we can all discover new music that we might enjoy. I'll be sure to list each band that's been posted here in this original post. It will be in alphabetical order. I'll update intermittently. RULES TO POST: 1. Label extremely offensive/racist/gory material as NSFW when applicable. 2. Try to post a youtube video, link their facebook music player, bandcamp, or equivalent. 3. Unsigned band? POST THEM! 4. You may comment about bands that have been posted but lets keep it friendly! 5. No Asking Alexandria... Actually I'm kidding. But seriously, no Asking Alexandria... 6. Is it a really well known band? POST THEM ANYWAYS! 7. Don't post a band that's already listed. 8. HAVE FUN!!!! BANDS:

(Experimental Grindcore)
(Melodic Doom Metal) Baal Gadrial (Melodic Black Metal)
(Progressive Death Metal) Behind The Scenery (Melodic Death Metal)
(Progressive Metal) Chthonic (Blackened Death Metal)
(Unblack Metal)
(Experimental Grindcore/Cybergrind) Grown Below (Doom/Sludge Metal)
(Heavy Metal/Hard Rock)
(Symphonic/Orchestral/Folk/Melodic Death Metal) Ignite The Night (Rock/Rap)
(Technical/Brutal Death Metal)
[Canada] (Technical Death Metal) Myrddraal (Black Metal)
(Deathgrind)
(Gotchic/Doom/Sludge)
(Progressive Metal)
(Technical/Brutal/Blackened Death Metal)
(Blackened Technical Death Metal)
(Death Metal)
(Progressive Metal)
(Atmospheric Death/Black Metal)
(Doom Metal)
(Mathcore/Fusion Jazz)

I assume he's talking about some of the racist black metal bands... @ btbam91, it's not a terrible idea, but that's basically what a lot of our threads turn into anyway; and saying you don't want anyone to post anything "hateful" is pretty restrictive in itself, considering how hate-filled and angry a lot of metal music is. Not to mention, it's subjective. We've had a few discussions recently about different people's thresholds for what they can tolerate, in terms of lyrical content that they disagree with. Please feel free to jump in on any of those, it's nice to hear other people's opinions.

@Alabaster I was going more along the lines of stuff like Arghoslent where the band advocates racism. I'm merely trying to keep people from getting super offended lol. Being angry or politically driven is obviously a part of a lot of metal (just look at Job For A Cowboy, "I masturbate on the scripture [talking about the constitution]" is an incredibly anti-governmental stance), but that's not what I was insinuating at all. Just the racist stuff! Plus yeah, nazi oriented music tends to be a big taboo. lol.

Not to mention' date=' it's subjective. We've had a few discussions recently about different people's thresholds for what they can tolerate, in terms of lyrical content that they disagree with.[/quote'] Yeah, my lyrical tastes differ substantially from others on this forum. For example, I don't like most death metal lyrics, they come across as disgusting, but that's the point. Necrophagist and early Suffocation almost exclusively use gore as subject matter, but I realize that's sort of a genre paradigm and it's just to be expected. Anti-Christianity comes off to me as beyond hateful and into the realms of hilariously juvenile as far as lyrics are concerned, but that's simply something I have to deal with in quite a lot of metal music. Some of these bands aren't too bad but I'll never buy from them because I'm not interested in paying someone to make smart remarks about something they don't understand - but maybe other people aren't as sensitive. I wouldn't limit the recommendations by lyrical content - I think most of the folks on this forum are mature enough simply not to listen to something if they don't like the lyrics.

I'm sure you can find somewhere on here to post suggestions (e.g what are you listening to or rate the song, video etc.) I find that most like to talk/banter about kindred tastes and thus the segregated genre threads. Do you not find navigating through the forum enjoyable?

Yeah' date=' my lyrical tastes differ substantially from others on this forum. For example, I don't like most death metal lyrics, they come across as disgusting, but that's the point.[/quote'] I can agree with this, but at the same time, sometimes I just enjoy jamming out to something cause instrumentally is a phenomenal song. I'll also listen to the stereotypical just-got-broken-up-with metalcore stuff, and stuff that makes no sense at all sometimes. I'm a sucker for catchy shit. One thing I don't get is the "satanic" thing though. I can never listen to bands such as Deicide. It's just like... why? What are you trying to accomplish with this image? But that's just me. Some of my favorite lyrics are the political ones though. Some bands really think things out and flesh out their ideas really well. JFAC's album Ruination is a good one, and Molotov Solution's Insurrection is also a good example. But then again, my tastes are all over the place!

Hey yall. I'm brand new here, and thought I'd contribute in a unique way. Let's all contribute to this thread. Everybody post a different metal band every day, not repeating anything anyone else has posted. This way we can all discover new music that we might enjoy. I'll be sure to list each band that's been posted here in this original post. It will be in alphabetical order. I'll update intermittently. RULES TO POST: 1. No racist/hateful bands (Nazi metal, homophobic material, Anal Cunt, etc.) 2. You must post a youtube video, link their facebook music player, bandcamp, or equivalent. 3. Unsigned band? POST THEM! 4. You may comment about bands that have been posted but lets keep it friendly! 5. No Asking Alexandria... Actually I'm kidding. But seriously, no Asking Alexandria... 6. Is it a really well known band? POST THEM ANYWAYS! 7. Don't post a band that's already listed. 8. HAVE FUN!!!! BANDS: Behind The Scenery (Melodic Death Metal)
This is frankly the most ridiculous post I have ever seen! "Yay everybody I am new, all tell me your music NOW! DO IT, DO IT NOW! And by the way do it by these rules or else! GRR!" Not having fun. No sir, not me.

This is frankly the most ridiculous post I have ever seen! "Yay everybody I am new, all tell me your music NOW! DO IT, DO IT NOW! And by the way do it by these rules or else! GRR!" Not having fun. No sir, not me.
To be honest, that was my first reaction as well, but I think we've all got more to gain by helping btbam understand how this forum works. It takes time and patience to wade through all the pages of suggestions, and get to know people with similar tastes - like you and I, for instance - who you can trade more relevant recommendations with. His tastes seem fairly uncommon among our group and he might have some good stuff to add. Hopefully it clicks.

An example of the differing thresholds thing: you think Anal Cunt are hateful' date=' I don't. Their lyrics are just so OTT and obviously tongue-in-cheek, they definitely don't represent the serious views of the band.[/quote'] I know they aren't serious, I have them in my music library to play jokingly with some fellow friends. The reason I didn't want people to post them is because some people don't understand that they aren't serious, as shown in many of their live videos where people in the audience attempt to physically attack Seth Putnam. Come on man, don't be so cynical. I'm just trying to contribute in a nice way. I'm not demanding people post "all of their music now," I'm just trying to get some fun band name sharing for the benefit of everyone regardless of genre or record label status. I mean, do you enjoy finding new bands to listen to or not? I'm being friendly here, please don't be the opposite of that.

This is frankly the most ridiculous post I have ever seen!
So you haven't seen the Military and Police - Must Read!! thread then.
Not having fun. No sir' date=' not me.[/quote'] Judging from your posts I don't think that's ever been the case...:D I think at one point you admitted to enjoying early Soviet history, but that's about it in the fun department.

Just the racist stuff! Plus yeah, nazi oriented music tends to be a big taboo. lol.
I never thought I was going to say this but why are other types of hatred ok but racism isn't? Not that you should consider racism to be something positive, but you make it seem like hatred towards religion (this is the 'I never thought I was going to say' point), women, whatever else? It's like you're saying "oh, you can hate Christians, that's fine with me, but you can't hate Asians!"

I never thought I was going to say this but why are other types of hatred ok but racism isn't? Not that you should consider racism to be something positive' date=' but you make it seem like hatred towards religion (this is the 'I never thought I was going to say' point), women, whatever else? It's like you're saying "oh, you can hate Christians, that's fine with me, but you can't hate Asians!"[/quote'] Thank you so much, I agree entirely. I suspect the logic is that theology and politics in particular are things that people choose rather than things people are born with. In other words, one can't help it if they're born Indonesian but they can choose whether to be Sunni Muslim. However, this contains the implicit assumption that the individual would choose not to be Indonesian had they the chance to do so, which suggests that being Indonesian is a lesser state of being - which is racist in and of itself. In my experience racism is predicated on the assumption that people of a certain race act in a certain way, which means it's a way of criticizing somebody's actions without necessarily disliking them personally. It's fine if people want to level a criticism of my views but it annoys me that it's racism in particular that's seen as so malignant, when insulting someone for the choices they've made seems much more personal and vilifying than a general blanket statement about melanin content.

Thank you so much, I agree entirely. I suspect the logic is that theology and politics in particular are things that people choose rather than things people are born with. In other words, one can't help it if they're born Indonesian but they can choose whether to be Sunni Muslim. However, this contains the implicit assumption that the individual would choose not to be Indonesian had they the chance to do so, which suggests that being Indonesian is a lesser state of being - which is racist in and of itself. In my experience racism is predicated on the assumption that people of a certain race act in a certain way, which means it's a way of criticizing somebody's actions without necessarily disliking them personally. It's fine if people want to level a criticism of my views but it annoys me that it's racism in particular that's seen as so malignant, when insulting someone for the choices they've made seems much more personal and vilifying than a general blanket statement about melanin content.
Well even though I'm not very fond of religion I don't support hatred of any kind, towards anyone. Just because I didn't have great experience with religious people that like to push their fate to extremes, doesn't mean all religious people are crazy. Insulting someone for their choices is more personal, but I see it more logical, in a way. Not that I personally find it logical, I just say it might be a general opinion. Racism is based on prejudice that are completely unreasonable and in most cases not true. I think a metalhead should be the first one to understand how stupid discrimination is. I can't speak for your country, but here, if you walk around dressed in black with dark make up and strange t-shirts, people don't look at you very nicely. So to be faced each day with that kind of reasonless judging should make you realize that you really can't judge a book by it's covers. And it really makes me angry to see a metal fan who is close minded.

Iceni: the current high profile of racism, on the list of societal ills, is the product of decades of hard work by a lot of people to combat pernicious, deeply entrenched xenophobia. And it's still very much a real problem beneath the surface in every place I've lived. You, out of any of us, should know better than to take it out of context.