suggestions

A7X stoner ftw

If we are suggesting new bands, then I guess I will properly introduce our band! Hello we are Sinful Tranquility, we write our own music and it rocks! Our main genres are Nu-Metal, Alternative rock, punk and grunge. Check out this video, you might like what you see! Lost At The Crossroads (final version) - YouTube
I'm just speaking for myself, but I'd rather not see self-promotion in here. I feel like if this thread is going to work, it'll be about sharing music we enjoy, regardless of genre, for open discussion. Self-promotion could kill it pretty quickly. We already have a whole sub-forum for that. As regards your song, I can applaud the energy that you put into making it. I don't want to discourage you from making music. I'll be blunt, though: regardless of my taste in the genre, there are a lot of flaws, especially in the mixing and the vocal performances. Nothing about it sounds fully developed yet. There's a lot of work to be done on your sound, your recording techniques, and your vocal abilities in order to get your point across more effectively. In my opinion the song structure and lyrics are similarly undeveloped. I think the most productive thing you can do at this point is to keep practicing, in all areas, and keep recording yourselves. Focus less on promotion and more on writing good songs. It takes a lot of work over a lot of time, and there's no magic formula. Good luck!

As regards your song, I can applaud the energy that you put into making it. I don't want to discourage you from making music. I'll be blunt, though: regardless of my taste in the genre, there are a lot of flaws, especially in the mixing and the vocal performances. Nothing about it sounds fully developed yet. There's a lot of work to be done on your sound, your recording techniques, and your vocal abilities in order to get your point across more effectively. In my opinion the song structure and lyrics are similarly undeveloped. I think the most productive thing you can do at this point is to keep practicing, in all areas, and keep recording yourselves. Focus less on promotion and more on writing good songs. It takes a lot of work over a lot of time, and there's no magic formula. Good luck!
Wow, looks like my sketches got off pretty easy...

Wow' date=' looks like my sketches got off pretty easy...[/quote'] I don't want to be discouraging. But saying "hey man, nice job" is misleading and counterproductive. And, there's a big difference between presenting unfinished sketches and presenting something that's intended to be a finished product. I've done plenty of horrible recordings, especially when I was younger, and I'm glad that not too many people heard too many of them. And I benefited from the practical advice I got, as well as learning how to deal with some harsh criticism. The bottom line for these guys is that they need to work at it. Hopefully they'll find that process rewarding, grow reasonably quickly, find their own voice, and write good songs.

And I benefited from the practical advice I got' date=' as well as learning how to deal with some harsh criticism.[/quote'] Well, that has certainly been true for me, maybe I should show you some of the other drawings I made since I got your advice. Otherwise, I was trying to be sarcastic. Maybe I needed a smiley face.

Careful' date=' with his diet I expect his heart can't take a lot of abuse. [img']http://metalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif
Oh, go die in a hole and take your dissonance and compositional dynamism with you.
You know' date=' just to rub my happy in his face. =P[/quote'] If this was the usual reaction of the opposite sex to my demeanor I'd be more popular than Robert fricking Pattinson.

I agree with FatherAlabaster. Let's leave self promotion out of this, and focus more on bands we listen to and enjoy. If anything, post bands that influence you, just don't self promote yourself as i do think it will kill the energy we have in this thread. Also, I don't know if you guys missed the last two bands I posted or not, but I'm surprised nobody has said a word about them.

Re: Let's Help Each Other Discover NEW BANDS.

I agree with FatherAlabaster. Let's leave self promotion out of this, and focus more on bands we listen to and enjoy. If anything, post bands that influence you, just don't self promote yourself as i do think it will kill the energy we have in this thread. Also, I don't know if you guys missed the last two bands I posted or not, but I'm surprised nobody has said a word about them.
I don't like either of the last 2 bands you posted, but I'll still give those songs a try. I've just been busy, a new baby will do that to you. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

@ btbam91, I listened to the songs you posted. I thought Becoming the Archetype had some good stuff going on in the first half of the track - I liked some of the melodies and textural variation. I even liked the high vocals! Unfortunately it was hidden amidst bog-standard melodeath, and the piano thing into the outro sounded like a wasted opportunity to me. The melody/chord progression through there didn't feel "elegiac"... it just sounded like the lullaby stuff my wife puts on to sooth my kid when it's bedtime. The outro was the same - not "triumphant" so much as trite and cheesy. It felt like shameless song-padding for extra length. BTBAM, I could appreciate from a technical standpoint, but I didn't find too many of the parts compelling. I didn't mind the frenetic arrangement, although I can see how people could call them "confused" - one might be missing the point looking for comprehensible emotional content in there. I could listen to it again and potentially get more out of it. At first blush, it didn't do a lot for me, and I didn't like any of the vocals. It would take a lot of work for me to get into them. Overall I like the structural ambition on display in both bands, even if the nuts and bolts didn't appeal to me.

Finally got around to checking out those 2 from btbam91. That BTBAM track sounded much more coherent than the other stuff I've heard from them, and some of the music I did enjoy, other parts felt too indulgent and removed focus from the rest of the song. I also hate the vocals, both the cleans and the screams sound awful to me. The same can be said of the other song, as some of the more proggy guitar lines and the piano breaks were enjoyable, but the deathcore vocals and riffs were horrid. So, in conclusion, I liked both more than I thought I would, but still nowhere near enough for me to call them enjoyable.

I guess I should contribute some more: heTzAezCkIY sUeD2V_Yxr4 Nuclear Death were a pretty underground death/grind act from the late 80's/early 90's. They're also one of the most depraved and vile sounding bands I've ever heard, with a genuinely murky and fucked up sound that I've never really heard from any other band. The drumming and riffing is frenzied, yet gloomy, as are the guitars, and Lori's vocals are absolutely unhinged. The only problem is the sound quality, these recordings aren't very good, but what do you expect from Wild Rags in the early 90's? Turn it up loud, and let these songs creep you the fuck out.

You weren't kidding about the sound quality. Not an easy listen by any stretch of the imagination but the music itself more then makes up for that. Baal Gadrial Blya9UW6hIk Baal Gadrial are a melodic black metal band from New South Wales. The vocals are completely unintelligible for the most part and it's not the most original material ever but it's decent enough in my books.