Top 5 Worst Bands

SBird94

We have a top 5 favourites/best bands, but I haven't yet found out which bands you guys truely hate! What is your list of the top 5 worst bands? 1.Sleeping with sirens 2. Asking Alexandria 3. Pierce the vail 4. Skrillex (not a band but dubstep is shit anyway) 5. Blood on the dancefloor And most modern rap groups and artist's suck.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I despise most metalcore, all deathcore, most grindcore and any band which claim to be metal but clearly are not (such as avenged sevenfold). Outside of that most modern pop music, hip hop, reggae and techno/dubstep/whatever the fuck people are calling it these days. As such compiling a top five is nigh on impossible

I'm not sure if this is limited to metal or not, so I'm just gonna do a metal-related one (note the word 'related') and a non metal-related one. Metal related: 1. Falling In Reverse (though their newer stuff with the terribly-implemented elements of pop and rap make for some mega lulz) 2. Bullet For My Valentine (yeah, ok, a good gateway to heavier music for some, but fucking horrible music!) 3. Dragonforce (annoying and cheesy as hell) 4. Halestorm (urgh.... they're associated with metal and 'heavy' music way more than they should be, considering they're pretty much Nickelback with a more attractive singer and slightly ​heavier guitar sound- this so-called 'post-grunge' thing just grates on me so much I want to start stabbing babies) 5. Helloween (like drowning in a sea of fromage... lightweight and just too fucking cheerful, really; not what I want from heavy music!) Non-metal related: 1. Michael Buble (now I don't mind some of the old school jazz/swing- especially the Christmas stuff- but I cannot put into words my hatred for this puppy-dog eyed wanker... he's so sickly sweet and sanitised it's the musical equivalent of a cup of weak milky tea or an hour watching Michael bastarding cunting Mcintyre) 2. Nickelback (I do have a guilty pleasure for a couple of early tracks- my sister used to play them a lot as a kid and I think they now give me a childhood nostalgia sort of thing- but post-grunge is just so fucking terrible and this is probably the worst of them all!) 3. Kings of Leon (dull, bland indie music with the emotional pallet of Kirsten Stewart's face) 4. Coldplay (same as Kings of Leon- it's sad that this is what passes for 'alternative' music these days) 5. Adele (not because I think she's one of the worst artists per se, I just cannot comprehend how so many idiots think she's a breath of fresh air in the pop scene and that her lyrics are somehow deep, thought-provoking and unique- they're just the same old bollocks about missing your boyfriend, blah blah fucking blah! And, again, the music is safe and bland as hell: actually hell is too exciting a place to associate with this drivel)

Most definitely not! :P And that's not levelled specifically at Helloween; I have yet to hear any power metal that does anything for me. Who knows? Maybe the day will come. I love Dio, who I guess was the precursor to the genre in many ways, but I dunno. Dio's lyrics might have been a little ridiculous and there was a *good* cheese to what he did, but power metal took these aspects too far imo, at the expense of the 'edge' that I feel all metal should have. How people can whine about Lamb of God not being 'troo' metal but still listen to stuff like Helloween and consider that to be 'troo' is beyond me.

Adele is far from crap, I'd argue she's one of the best pop acts out. Hardly a compliment on her originality, she's definitely not bringing anything new or bold to the pop scene - but I can at least listen to her material without wanting to execute someone.I suspect she comes across as a breath of fresh air merely by virtue of the fact that she doesn't use autotune. 5) Soulja Boy/Black Eyed Peas - these two groups stand out as paragons of the pop-rap malaise that has afflicted music for the past few years. There are plenty of other artists in the genre but they definitely stand out as two of the laziest and most utterly irritating groups I've ever heard. 4) Train - an archetypal 'white guy with acoustic guitar' band, but again one of the worst. Their lyrics are awful and incoherent most of the time, and when they do make sense they're fairly unpleasant. Their music is bland and inoffensive and that is the most irritating thing about them. Imagine Dragons, Jason Mraz and OneRepublic are all good examples of what ostensibly sensitive men listen to, but Train lean pretty heavily on that aspect of their music. 3) Nicki Minaj - Lady Gaga is an amateur at peddling ugliness compared to Nicki Minaj. At least Lady Gaga has made some effort to write very catchy songs, and occasionally some decent lyrics, but Minaj practices a comprehensively ugly approach to music that is completely repulsive. The only reason she isn't lower is because she just sounds monumentally, offensively stupid rather than actively malicious. 2) Khanate - I've heard dissonant music I like - Blut Aus Nord, Talanas, Abyssal, Akercocke, Drottnar - but I still can't stand this band. I've described them as the sound of aural torture before and I haven't heard anything from them that makes me want to change that assessment. Their take on ambient is lazy, sparse and lacks the kind of dedication present in MoRT. Granted, they no longer qualify as me least favorite band - mainly because their lyrics aren't awful - but they've definitely earned a place on here. 1) brokenCYDE - someone had the brilliant bloody idea to combine the breakdowns of popular deathcore with the compositional and musical stylings of 3OH!3. This results in a malicious, disgusting and entirely repulsive listening experience that qualifies as probably the worst music I've ever heard.

Re: Top 5 Worst Bands

@JBaker I've always felt the tr00 vs non-tr00 argument to be completely stupid. With regards to power metal it isn't all sugary sweet bands like Helloween/Gamma Ray these bands just tend to be more prevalent.
Indeed, one listen to the old works of bands like Savatage, Fates Warning, Jag Panzer, Helstar, Running Wild, Riot, etc..., can show that power metal used to be powerful. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Top 5 Worst Bands

5) Soulja Boy/Black Eyed Peas - these two groups stand out as paragons of the pop-rap malaise that has afflicted music for the past few years. There are plenty of other artists in the genre but they definitely stand out as two of the laziest and most utterly irritating groups I've ever heard.
Shit Iceni, better watch what your saying when Murph's around, bashing on his favourite rap band like that! :D

Cerebral Bore - Honestly to me they're just boring as fuck. Lacuna Coil - Aside from their cover of Enjoy the Silence, I can't stand th Burzum - Honestly his early stuff was pretty cool but Umskiptar just sucked. I don't really hate any bands besides that, other than the obvious BVB, Botdf, and all those shitty mainstream rappers. But I felt like there was no need in saying those.

Lacuna Coil - Aside from their cover of Enjoy the Silence, I can't stand them. I don't really hate any bands besides that, other than the obvious BVB, Botdf, and all those shitty mainstream rappers. But I felt like there was no need in saying those.
Definitely agree on Lacuna Coil, Christina Scabbia has become more famous for her bikini bod than her actual vocal talent. That's just as well, though, as she didn't have much singing ability to begin with. You're right, I forgot BVB. I saw a kid wearing one of their shirts at a speech tournament and I actually laughed...then I gave him a wedgie and took his lunch money. :D

Definitely agree on Lacuna Coil' date=' Christina Scabbia has become more famous for her bikini bod than her actual vocal talent. That's just as well, though, as she didn't have much singing ability to begin with. [/quote'] Not a big fan of their style, but I saw them on tour (I think with Moonspell) for the album that came out before Comalies, and I was impressed by their energy. Scabbia was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, shared the stage with the other band members, rocked out, sang all her own parts, and in general they all sounded pretty good. I saw them again at the same venue after Comalies came out, and I was surprised and disappointed. It looked like some marketing type had gotten his filthy hands on them. Scabbia was wearing a red dress and making flirty eyes at audience members, basically posing in front of the band the whole time, and there were a few times where they had male and female pre-recorded backing vocals going while neither of them was actually singing - they were just headbanging on stage while the vocals were coming out of the speakers. Awkward to say the least. Not to mention the Comalies material really sucked. That's when I lost any remaining respect for them. You did not!:D

I did snicker to myself' date=' but no wedgie. :([/quote'] Next time, keep it real. Cut his BVB shirt off with your karambit, give him a wedgie, take his money, and trip him as he's running away. When he starts crying, throw the shirt back in his face while saying something contemptuous like, "Here, clean yourself up, you look terrible" with a New york Italian accent.

Next time' date=' keep it real. Cut his BVB shirt off with your karambit, give him a wedgie, take his money, and trip him as he's running away. When he starts crying, throw the shirt back in his face while saying something contemptuous like, "Here, clean yourself up, you look terrible" with a New york Italian accent.[/quote'] South Africans are plenty intimidating... "Voetsek, mah boy. And wipe that kak off your face, ey?"

Adele is far from crap' date=' I'd argue she's one of the best pop acts out. Hardly a compliment on her originality, she's definitely not bringing anything new or bold to the pop scene - but I can at least listen to her material without wanting to execute someone.I suspect she comes across as a breath of fresh air merely by virtue of the fact that she doesn't use autotune.[/quote'] Yeah. As I say I've heard a lot worse, I just find her almost completely unremarkable and I find it sad that some people are so uninterested in delving into music beyond what's in the charts/on the radio that someone like Adele seems like an exciting breath of fresh air by the simple fact she doesn't rely so heavily on autotune.

@JBaker I've always felt the tr00 vs non-tr00 argument to be completely stupid. With regards to power metal it isn't all sugary sweet bands like Helloween/Gamma Ray these bands just tend to be more prevalent.
Well, that's how I've felt about the power metal I've heard. I've heard Helloween and Dragonforce. When I was studying French I wanted to find some good French metal (already being into some French hip hop/rap) so went to the 'French metal' radio on last.fm and it was mostly power metal on there. It was fucking awful! So, all these experiences have turned me off from the genre. Might give a few of the bands you mentioned a chance, though I'm not expecting to like them much. Still, keep an open mind and all that...

And lets not forget Justin bieber' date=' one of the worst "musicians" on the planet. Not only does he make terrible music, he is also a massive douche. I hope that news about him retireing is true.[/quote'] To be honest I don't really see the point in 'hating' something that everyone else hates and acknowledges is a pile of wank. I'd rather express my distaste for things that get an easy ride from lots of people... hence why I didn't mention BOTDF or Bieber (everyone knows they're fucking shit) but did go for things considered to be more 'credible' like Helloween and Adele.

When I was studying French I wanted to find some good French metal (already being into some French hip hop/rap) so went to the 'French metal' radio on last.fm and it was mostly power metal on there. It was fucking awful!
Vraiment? J'ecoute a plus de groupes francais, mais ils jouent tech-death ou melodic black metal, en general, et ils sont magnifique.