What's on your mind?

Apoc

But the upgrades WERE necessary. We were having some real issues with aggressive malware or something along those lines which forced the changes. This place hasn't seen huge numbers since that month where NTNR and I went head to head and racked up like 1000 posts each. Wonder if there's a way to contact some of the old regulars just to remind them this place still exists...sure would be nice to get Idlewilde, Strategos, NTNR, Shadow, MetalMaiden and a few of the other "originals" back on here.

When did anyone last hear from Mindy, Mere or Dave? I haven't seen anything from them for a little while now (admittedly I've been a bit lax with posting myself).

I've seen a bit of Dave and Mere. Mindy said she was really busy and needed a bit of a break. I'm sure they'll all be back around at some point. 

I agree that the recent changes negatively impacted activity here, but as Relentless says, they were necessary. The old version of the site wasn't secure. I'm coming to prefer the new platform. 

I like the new forum better myself. There were some long relatively quit periods before that recent shakeup. Clearly people will come and go, that is just natural. I'm not sure what to say about the metal theme vs. the social aspect put there is some issue there form a community building perspective. Folks would come for the metal and stay to be social I guess.

...And there goes what little remained of my sanity :D

Anyways on my mind is the mounting excitement I'm feeling in spite of myself over new MDB and Maiden records dropping soon. Part of me knows the new Maiden record probably won't be any good but I live in hope - the hope that Maiden have one truly great album left in them so they can go out on a winner. MDB on the other hand I can approach with much less trepidation as A Map Of All Our Failures was very good indeed and the band seldom disappoint.

In spite of the fact that I actually didn't think Jurassic World was much good as a film it has managed to accomplish something. My interest in dinosaurs, particularly the raptor family, would appear to be rekindled. You know from the age of six to about 12 my dream was to be a paleontologist? That's probably not normal for a little kid hey?

Hopefully, unlikely though, seems the overwhelming majority of new members post a handful of times then vanish without a trace. I suspect BANs n00b eating beard may have something to do with it...

What can I say? It's voraciously hungry and can sense weakness, and I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy watching it while it hunts and feeds... Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The 110 usually refers to an amp with a single 10 inch speaker. Considering I have an old bass amp in the loft from the eighties that is still in working condition I would've thought that your amp should still be working fine after 6 years. Do you know if there are any amp technicians nearby, or a music shop that might know where to find one?

It actually turned out to be a problem with the lead I was using. The "buzzing" and volume loss were a result of signal dropping in and out because of that issue. Borrowed a spare lead from my neighbour and everything's working fine. Now that everything's in working order again I can enjoy the crystal clear tone of the Les Paul once again.

Glad it's going well! I have no idea what's up with mine, it felt almost normal until last week and then swelled up again with no warning. I guess I'm old...  I have an appointment to get my teeth checked out soon, which is really great. One thing at a time. 

I wouldn't say it going well.  Its still a bit swollen and has quite a bit of inflammation in it. 

So does my hip, which actually hurts worse than my knee now.  Doctor prescribed me a topical NSAID called Voltaren, which works, but only for about an hour and then the pain comes back.

Its only been six and a half weeks since I was on the operating table though.

Have you ever been tested for Gout?

My dad had it in his knees and it would show up without warning pretty much every time.

Have you ever been tested for Gout?

My dad had it in his knees and it would show up without warning pretty much every time.

That's not a bad idea, but the initial problem was overuse followed by a work injury. It healed up a couple of years ago and then I hurt it again running.  Pretty sure I'd need surgery to get it back to what it used to be. 

Man Bandcamp is proving good for coming across new music...it's like Myspace crossed with Amazon/Napster recommendations and way easier to use. I've got 16 tabs open to different albums, and I already discovered two new groups.