Rate and Slate

Shadow

Wow, 20/10? No shit. That's awesome. I had very good vision when I was a kid, and it's still good enough for me to drive without glasses, but I'm a lot more comfortable with glasses or contacts - lots of astigmatism. A really scary thing happened to one of my co-workers - she permanently lost vision in one eye overnight due to "closed-angle glaucoma". Pressure built up and cut off the blood flow to the optic nerve. She didn't even know there was a problem. Yeesh.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rate and Slate

Rating - never having to be the designated driver :D
Being the first out of my mates to get my license I have been the designated driver most of the time for the past year and a half soon the curse will be lifted :D I have friends in their 20's without a license haha Rating - While my parents are gone for the weekend I have to drive my sisters around to get to work, they both start an hour apart from each other, I have to drive there then back and drive again. Slating - good weather today, should gather my mates around to play a good game of backyard cricket.

Careful not to injure yourself mate Cricket Australia might call you up to replace the next player they rest XD
Hahaha I'll try not to pull a hammy. With all this backyard cricket experience I think I might be able to get a place in the team ;)

Re: Rate and Slate Rating - My buddy that's in the Navy always gives me stuff when he gets deployed, I've received TVs, game consoles, cameras, all kinds of stuff. This time he left me with his collection of Magic: The Gathering cards, of which there are many rare and sought after items that I could sell for a good chunk of money (probably over $1000 in just rare stuff). Slating - This gift has sort of reignited my interest in the game, and now I don't know what to do. On one hand, I would like to start up again, but I don't really have time, and could make a fair bit of money selling both what he has and what I have. Not sure what to do. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - My buddy that's in the Navy always gives me stuff when he gets deployed, I've received TVs, game consoles, cameras, all kinds of stuff. This time he left me with his collection of Magic: The Gathering cards, of which there are many rare and sought after items that I could sell for a good chunk of money (probably over $1000 in just rare stuff). Slating - This gift has sort of reignited my interest in the game, and now I don't know what to do. On one hand, I would like to start up again, but I don't really have time, and could make a fair bit of money selling both what he has and what I have. Not sure what to do. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Does it have sentimental value to you? The money you'll get from selling it will go quickly, and you won't get the cards back. I've always been sorry when I've sold stuff like that, but I'm a sentimental fuck.

Sounds like it would appeal to our friend JBaker! :D
Or just to Europeans in general, those ungrateful self-important sophisticates. Ah, j'avait sex encore? C'est le vivre quotidien - toujours j'ai un femme, ces putes ne me laissent seul...

Does it have sentimental value to you? The money you'll get from selling it will go quickly' date=' and you won't get the cards back. I've always been sorry when I've sold stuff like that, but I'm a sentimental fuck.[/quote'] I used to play a lot when I was younger, I started in middle school and stopped a couple of years ago. I don't have any of the shit I started with, as I got much better and started winning and placing in tournaments and started acquiring good stuff, but I've only ever advanced that collection, never diminished it. Maybe I can't get rid of them because I'm a collector at heart, I thought it would be easier to get rid of my friends stuff since it wasn't really mine, but now all I want to do is play again. I've been reading about how the formats have evolved, and I remember how much fun it was, I just don't know when I would have time for another hobby. I just look at many of these cards that I have player's sets of (4 is the max you can use of any one card) and see that they're going for $20-80 each on eBay, and it's pretty tempting. Between his and mine I could probably make $2000-3000 selling them. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

That's a lot of money. I'm sure it would come in handy between the baby and everything else you're doing. Do you have something else (like your new album) that you could really use it for? I always find gifts a lot harder to think of as commodities that way, but if there's something in particular that's really special to you - more so than the cards - or if your family needs the money, then I think you should go for it.

That's a lot of money. I'm sure it would come in handy between the baby and everything else you're doing. Do you have something else (like your new album) that you could really use it for? I always find gifts a lot harder to think of as commodities that way' date=' but if there's something in particular that's really special to you - more so than the cards - or if your family needs the money, then I think you should go for it.[/quote'] I'm currently exploring options of how to part with them to see if it becomes real. I think eBay could net me the most overall, but it would probably take longer to get what I wanted out of them. It also poses the concern of shipping, as sending these could be tricky to maintain their condition, but I guess people do it all the time, I'll just have to figure out how. I found a site that sells and buys the cards, and their rates didn't seem too bad, there's just only certain things they want, others they have a full stock of. I may try to get a quote from a local store but I've heard of many people getting ripped off doing that. I don't know, it's a tough decision for me. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

You'll do way better on eBay than you would at a store. Sending cards should be easier than mailing CDs, too. If you're going to sell them, better off getting the most you can, rather than just something quick and convenient. My two cents, anyway. I liked Magic but not enough to buy into it in a big way, and I ended up getting a lot more into Rage. It was fun times, but not as viable as Magic, and it didn't outlast my teenage years. The only card game I play anymore is gin rummy.

You'll do way better on eBay than you would at a store. Sending cards should be easier than mailing CDs' date=' too. If you're going to sell them, better off getting the most you can, rather than just something quick and convenient. My two cents, anyway. I liked Magic but not enough to buy into it in a big way, and I ended up getting a lot more into Rage. It was fun times, but not as viable as Magic, and it didn't outlast my teenage years. The only card game I play anymore is gin rummy.[/quote'] I've never heard of Rage, but there have been a ton of card and tabletop games that didn't last for too long. I can't believe MTG has been going for over 20 years now, and it just seems to keep growing. It is always changing and there are tons of different strategies, which is a great deal of the appeal. I just can't believe how valuable some of this stuff is now, I couldn't have fetched nearly as much for these when I stopped playing a few years back. I never paid a ton for cards, but I must have made some good trades, as most of the stuff I held on to seems to have only grown in value. Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

I used to be into the yugioh card game back in high school. I was pretty good at it and made some clever trades with friends. About five years ago I sold my deck and netted $500. Big mistake I could net double that now if I still had the cards.
I used to have over 1000 yugioh cards when I was 12 and I lost them all in an unfortunate camping accident, I took them camping and it rained all night. The rain got to tbe cards and drenched them completely, I was devastated for weeks. That day I learned to never take valuable things camping.