Sign in to stalk this  
Requiem

Post your metal collection photos

Post photos of your various collections here! 

Here are three shots of my black metal collection. The first is the whole thing, but i've also included two closer shots that should be clearer when zooming in etc.  

Entire Black Metal CD collection: 

BM_CDs_All.jpg

Top half:

unnamed_BM_Cds.jpg

Bottom half: 

BM_Cds_Bottom.jpg

6 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

Ha, timing is everything, all my shit is in boxes sealed up for the move.  Nice idea for a thread though.

It kind of is, but no one wants to talk about my collection! 

All that pain I went through to put the photos up. I think I'll follow FA's advice and upload them to a hosting site first and hopefully avoid any more pain. To photograph the main collection though is going to cause me hell so I won't do it unless this thread picks up. 

I love going through other people's album collections. I find them fascinating and cool, but a lot of people really don't get excited about it. 

27 minutes ago, Requiem said:

All that pain I went through to put the photos up. I think I'll follow FA's advice and upload them to a hosting site first and hopefully avoid any more pain. To photograph the main collection though is going to cause me hell so I won't do it unless this thread picks up. 

I love going through other people's album collections. I find them fascinating and cool, but a lot of people really don't get excited about it. 

I am in the process of logging my collection into Excel for no other reason than the personal joy of my own enforced bureaucracy.

6 hours ago, MacabreEternal said: Ha, timing is everything, all my shit is in boxes sealed up for the move.  Nice idea for a thread though.

I can't see too many specifics because of the resolution, but I can tell what a few of them are. What I can't discern is the order though.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

On 19/02/2017 at 9:36 AM, BlutAusNerd said:

I can't see too many specifics because of the resolution, but I can tell what a few of them are. What I can't discern is the order though.

Have changed original post to be more about any particular collection. I've given up trying to post my whole CD collection. 

46 minutes ago, Requiem said:

EDIT: I can get them onto a hosting site but can't get them on here. I'm fucking useless at this shit and I give up. *digital smash as I leave the room*

You should be able to copy and paste either the URL of the photo, or the IMG code which most hosting sites generate. 

Here's my collection of music and miscellany from Norwegian legends Mayhem. Includes a copy of a collection of letters sent from Euronymous to the legendary Acon, the promoter in Turkey who put on the show in 1990 that was closed down by the police, as well as passports from Dead and Euronymous. Also includes a copy of 'Grand Declaration of War' signed in person by Maniac, Hellhammer, Blasphemer and Necro Butcher when they came to Australia on that tour. EDIT: SPECIFIC INFORMATION REGARDING THE CONTENTS OF THIS COLLECTION CAN BE FOUND ON LATER PAGES OF THIS THREAD WITH A RE-POST OF THIS PICTURE. 

mayhem_collection_may_17.jpg

Here's my collection of music and miscellany from Norwegian legends Mayhem. Includes a copy of a collection of letters sent from Euronymous to the legendary Acon, the promoter in Turkey who put on the show in 1990 that was closed down by the police, as well as passports from Dead and Euronymous. 

Mayhem_Collection.jpg

That's impressive.

I'm missing at least one t-shirt in this photo, which is annoying, and I took this photo a while ago so I might be missing one or two other things. At any rate, this is my Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne collection. I know this is laughably little compared to some out there, like the guy who runs black-sabbath.com, but I get excited by it. Just imagine a couple more things along with it. 

Ozzy_Sabbath.jpg

Would love to see some other people's collections if they have some pics! I know it's a hassle to get them out and photograph them, but it would be cool to see what other people have.  

2 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

I known I've posted it elsewhere, but here's a shorter my band room.IMAG0715.jpg

That's a real wall of CDs! I'd love to trawl through them. Have you ever dragged out a favourite band and taken a photo for posterity? 

Would be cool to see one of your favourites.

2 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said: I known I've posted it elsewhere, but here's a shorter my band room.IMAG0715.thumb.jpg.473753e3a3368ff1790cfa35b2b452ac.jpg

That's a real wall of CDs! I'd love to trawl through them. Have you ever dragged out a favourite band and taken a photo for posterity? 

Would be cool to see one of your favourites.

I may just do that if I get some time.

13 hours ago, BlutAusNerd said:

IMAG0715.jpg

This is the kind of space all forumites should aspire to having one day.  I am working on mine, at present it has a busted acoustic guitar in the corner a dartboard still awaiting mounting and a Xmas tree yet to make it the final step from the garage to the attic.  I do however have my Motorhead debut LP sleeve mounted and framed on the wall.  Just need to get my act together then will post some CDs/Vinyl pics although years of digital purchases have left my choices sparse.

3 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

This is the kind of space all forumites should aspire to having one day.  I am working on mine, at present it has a busted acoustic guitar in the corner a dartboard still awaiting mounting and a Xmas tree yet to make it the final step from the garage to the attic.  I do however have my Motorhead debut LP sleeve mounted and framed on the wall.  Just need to get my act together then will post some CDs/Vinyl pics although years of digital purchases have left my choices sparse.

Sounds like a metal den (of iniquity) in the making! Post some pics. Love the Christmas tree reference by the way. 

I'm not much of a collector of anything anymore; what with lack of space/money, I stopped caring. However, I love Swans and Angels Of Light - not "metal" no matter how many people try to shoehorn their albums into year end lists! I have yet to get into much of the "reunion" material. I don't own physical copies of anything new aside from "To Be Kind". Not pictured here are an ancient, decaying Filth t-shirt, a signed mini poster from the tour for the second Angels Of Light tour, and a handwritten note from Gira when he (very kindly) mailed me a copy of a live album to replace one I'd lost in a move.

20170403_104316.jpg

20 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

I'm not much of a collector of anything anymore; what with lack of space/money, I stopped caring. However, I love Swans and Angels Of Light - not "metal" no matter how many people try to shoehorn their albums into year end lists! I have yet to get into much of the "reunion" material. I don't own physical copies of anything new aside from "To Be Kind". Not pictured here are an ancient, decaying Filth t-shirt, a signed mini poster from the tour for the second Angels Of Light tour, and a handwritten note from Gira when he (very kindly) mailed me a copy of a live album to replace one I'd lost in a move.

20170403_104316.jpg

Sorry I missed this until now. This is awesome. The handwritten note would be really cool - I love stuff like that. Swans are one weird band, that's for sure. I actually picked up 'Children of God' in 1998 after Aaron from MDB claimed it as an influence and I really like. Cool collection of Swans/Gira stuff. 

23 hours ago, MacabreEternal said:

For now, the entrance greeting

!11e7a2006c847446f7306cfa7615ec33.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I can only imagine what sinful iniquities lie within! 

20170403_104316.jpg

This reminds me of how much catching up I need to do with this band...

1 hour ago, BlutAusNerd said:

This reminds me of how much catching up I need to do with this band...

I realized I'm actually missing the double disc "Various Failures" comp from this photo as well. It's a great place to start if you want to check out their late 80s-early 90s output, and even though I have the studio albums that most of the material was pulled from, it's got enough extras that it's worth having in its own right. I'd also highly recommend the "Swans Are Dead" double disc live album if you don't have that; there are some truly harrowing performances on there, with no frills. 

The top four discs are Angels Of Light. I see them as a continuation of Swans, a different animal perhaps, but they'd reinvented their sound several times already. The bottom four discs are side projects. I have to admit that I don't enjoy Jarboe's solo stuff.

Here's my Paradise Lost collection. *Just realised that 'Shades of God' is missing. Must be in my car. 

The great British gothic metallers are an institution both in the world of metal and in my home. The collection here includes a tour shirt from the Paradise Lost/MDB/Anathema show in London celebrating Paradise Lost's 20th anniversary in 2008 which I still wear from time to time. Also includes the 'Over the Madness' biographical documentary and four live DVDs including the orchestral show in Romania and the 'Draconian Times' live show in 2015. 

Paradise_Lost_Fixed.jpg