Post your metal collection photos

Requiem

1 hour ago, Balor said:

Here is my Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes collection. I have been meaning to post a picture of it for a while, as it took a lot of hunting to collect all of it. Many international orders contributed to this!

Vinyl:

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes self-titled l.p. (limited to 120 copies) with lyrics book

-"YSY" 7in ep (limited to 200 copies) with poster

CD:

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes/Konflict

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes/Xenophobic Ejaculation (limited to 300 copies)

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes/Thy Sepulchral Moon

Tape:

-"Detritivorous Kamigami" demo/collaboration tracks

-"Buddha Composted Pond" ep (limited to 188 copies)

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes/Ravendark's Monarchcal Canticle (limited to 40 copies)0703d758395e6eb8883f0ebe208900c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

That's crazy! I'm so jealous right now hahaha. Congrats on completing it!

10 hours ago, Balor said:

Here is my Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes collection. I have been meaning to post a picture of it for a while, as it took a lot of hunting to collect all of it. Many international orders contributed to this!

Vinyl:

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes self-titled l.p. (limited to 120 copies) with lyrics book

-"YSY" 7in ep (limited to 200 copies) with poster

CD:

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes/Konflict

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes/Xenophobic Ejaculation (limited to 300 copies)

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes/Thy Sepulchral Moon

Tape:

-"Detritivorous Kamigami" demo/collaboration tracks

-"Buddha Composted Pond" ep (limited to 188 copies)

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes/Ravendark's Monarchcal Canticle (limited to 40 copies)0703d758395e6eb8883f0ebe208900c1.jpg

Very nice, Balers. Nice mix of media there too. That kamikaze (I presume) pilot image is cool. 

I need to post the updated Mayhem collection photo. Actually I need to take another shot because I’ve got another CD that isn’t in last months photo on the Mayhem thread. 

Actually maybe I’ll wait until ‘Daemon’ comes out and then take a fresh photo. 

Bloody hell, the gaining of the collection is simple, it’s the constant vanity photos that kill me hahaha. 

6 hours ago, Requiem said:

Very nice, Balers. Nice mix of media there too. That kamikaze (I presume) pilot image is cool. 

I need to post the updated Mayhem collection photo. Actually I need to take another shot because I’ve got another CD that isn’t in last months photo on the Mayhem thread. 

Actually maybe I’ll wait until ‘Daemon’ comes out and then take a fresh photo. 

Bloody hell, the gaining of the collection is simple, it’s the constant vanity photos that kill me hahaha. 

The Kamikazi pilot is the grandfather of the band's guitarist, he died in battle during World War II.  The ep was composed in his honor.

Which version of Daemon do you plan on purchasing?  There are some nice bundle deals/limited editions available in the US.

15 hours ago, Kilian_Leon said:

That's crazy! I'm so jealous right now hahaha. Congrats on completing it!

Thanks, but it is far from complete!  I am still missing a version of their first demo, and also need to track down a copy of the split with Der Sturmer/Command/Fogged by Fleshflies.  The split lp with Via Dolorosa and Massenvernichtung looks nice too. 

Do you like Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes?

I've been listening to their ST and their 2018 EP "Buddha Composted Pond" and I love the sound so far. What would you recomend from them?

I am glad that someone else is enjoying their music too! All of their material is great. Personally, I would recommend the "Detritivorous Kamigami" demo with the collaboration tracks and the split with Xenophobic Ejaculation. The XE split is hard to find now, but the demo was just reissued. The split with Konflict is really good too.

17 hours ago, Balor said:

The Kamikazi pilot is the grandfather of the band's guitarist, he died in battle during World War II.  The ep was composed in his honor.

Which version of Daemon do you plan on purchasing?  There are some nice bundle deals/limited editions available in the US.

Thanks, but it is far from complete!  I am still missing a version of their first demo, and also need to track down a copy of the split with Der Sturmer/Command/Fogged by Fleshflies.  The split lp with Via Dolorosa and Massenvernichtung looks nice too. 

Do you like Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes?

I’m really going to have to check out these bands you rave about. The story behind the kamikaze guy is awesome. 

As for ‘Daemon’, I’m probably going to buy a foolishly large and complex package. I haven’t really looked into it yet. Once it’s out I’ll buy the best version I can find at the cheapest price on eBay. 

• 3 months later...

I just picked up Darkthrone's - 'The Wind of 666 Black Hearts' rehearsals release from 2017, and thought, I've got a fair bit of Darkthrone stuff. Here it is:

AEE3-E881-8-D18-45-DB-A5-B9-EFA5-D1-A57-

Here's what I've got: 

Soulside Journey (absent!!)

A Blaze in the Northern Sky

Under a Funeral Moon

Transilvanian Hunger (Norsk Arisk version)

Transilvanian Hunger

Panzerfaust

Total Death

Hate Them

Sardonic Wrath

Preparing For War (best of)

Frostland Tapes (all the demos + Goatlord)

Darkthrone Holy Darkthrone (tribute)

The Wind of 666 Black Hearts (rehearsals for A Blaze in the Northern Sky and Under a Funeral Moon)

True Norwegian Black Metal hoodie

True Norwegian Black Metal longsleeve

Transilvanian Hunger short sleeve but I've cut the sleeves off

Transilvanian Hunger flag

• 2 months later...

060386-BA-6-A9-E-4774-98-C7-3-AE4234-CC9

Updated Darkthrone collection. 

I've been going through a bit of a Darkthrone resurgence lately and finally picked up all the releases I felt I was missing. Most interesting is the 'Black Death and Beyond' release, with its huge book that includes a biography, rare photos and everything you could imagine about the band, as well as three disks that chronicle their three stages: Black (excellent), Death (good) and Beyond (dodgy). 

I also have a flag, a couple of versions of 'Transilvanian Hunger' including the notorious Norsk Arisk deleted version and some clothes that I wear to church. 

Edit: Just realised I've effectively double-posted, considering the very last post was also my Darkthrone collection. I'll change it up next time with a different collection! 

• 4 months later...
On 3/6/2020 at 3:20 AM, Requiem said:

060386-BA-6-A9-E-4774-98-C7-3-AE4234-CC9

Updated Darkthrone collection. 

I've been going through a bit of a Darkthrone resurgence lately and finally picked up all the releases I felt I was missing. Most interesting is the 'Black Death and Beyond' release, with its huge book that includes a biography, rare photos and everything you could imagine about the band, as well as three disks that chronicle their three stages: Black (excellent), Death (good) and Beyond (dodgy). 

I also have a flag, a couple of versions of 'Transilvanian Hunger' including the notorious Norsk Arisk deleted version and some clothes that I wear to church. 

Edit: Just realised I've effectively double-posted, considering the very last post was also my Darkthrone collection. I'll change it up next time with a different collection! 

All the albums you felt you were missing? You've probably discussed them somewhere else, but are you not a fan of the great Plaguewielder? Or albums like FOAD, Dark Thrones and Black Flags, Circle the Wagons?

14 minutes ago, Vampyrique said:

All the albums you felt you were missing? You've probably discussed them somewhere else, but are you not a fan of the great Plaguewielder? Or albums like FOAD, Dark Thrones and Black Flags, Circle the Wagons?

I'm not a fan of those albums, no. There are only so many Darkthrone 'heavy metal' cover band albums you can listen to before you shout, "Enough Gylve"! 

Besides, I already own the Celtic Frost albums that they've ripped off. 

5 hours ago, Requiem said:

I'm not a fan of those albums, no. There are only so many Darkthrone 'heavy metal' cover band albums you can listen to before you shout, "Enough Gylve"! 

Besides, I already own the Celtic Frost albums that they've ripped off. 

Even Plaguewielder? I think that one is unfairly maligned relative to the other mid-era albums.

14 hours ago, Vampyrique said:

Even Plaguewielder? I think that one is unfairly maligned relative to the other mid-era albums.

I guess I need to give it a few more listens then. In all honesty, it's been ages since I've even heard it (as in 15 years ages), so maybe it's not as bad as I recall. After all, one vampire can't be wrong. 

I'll buy the cool re-release I think. The new album covers are better than all of the old ones from the mid era. 

6 hours ago, Requiem said:

I guess I need to give it a few more listens then. In all honesty, it's been ages since I've even heard it (as in 15 years ages), so maybe it's not as bad as I recall. After all, one vampire can't be wrong. 

I'll buy the cool re-release I think. The new album covers are better than all of the old ones from the mid era. 

I haven't even listened to it in years either. I just know I enjoyed it. I don't mind the old album covers from that era; they're suitably unassuming just like the music.

On 7/27/2020 at 12:29 AM, Vampyrique said:

I haven't even listened to it in years either. I just know I enjoyed it. I don't mind the old album covers from that era; they're suitably unassuming just like the music.

Do either of us have time for unassuming music and artwork? 

Requiem listens to assuming music and views assuming artwork exclusively. 

1 hour ago, Requiem said:

Do either of us have time for unassuming music and artwork? 

Requiem listens to assuming music and views assuming artwork exclusively. 

No, not really.

I prefer pretension but only 9 times out of 10. That way when I unearth a forgotten gem I can pretend it's still fresh, unlike an overused cliche. Modest mid-era Darkthrone get can occasionally steal a spot on my iPod, but only at the expense of other Darkthrone albums.  

• 4 weeks later...

There's nothing more metal than Tolkien. In lieu of recent metal music collection photos, I thought I'd share some Middle-earth. 

3-E6-E32-A7-B4-FD-489-F-A234-6-DC9-A7481

Here's what I've got:

Three volume slipcase of 'The Lord of the Rings' books

Single volume edition of 'The Lord of the Rings' book

'The Silmarillion' book

'The Atlas of Tolkien' by David Day

Extended Edition DVDs of 'The Lord of the Rings' films with slipcases

Boxset of all three Motion Picture Soundtracks including cards

Summoning - 'With Doom We Come', 'Oath Bound', 'Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame', 'Stronghold', and 'Dol Guldur' CDs

Moongates Guardian - 'And In the Glade a Light Was Seen' CD

Emyn Muil - 'Elenion Ancalima' CD

Druadan Forest - 'The Lost Dimension' CD

I have several other albums from bands that write about Tolkien and who rip-off Summoning generally, but aren't specifically dedicated to 'The Lord of the Rings' 100% and hence are excluded from this collection. Pure Tolkien or death. (I also own 'The Hobbit' somewhere but I can't find it. Films suck, however, and aren't allowed across my threshold). 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...