Jump to content

Post your metal collection photos


Requiem
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, FatherAlabaster said:

Someone who didn't know you well might be forgiven for thinking you were obsessed.

I'm actually wearing the Mayhem hoody right now, so you could be right...

I just find everything about the Mayhem story fascinating, even more so than my Sabbath/Ozzy fascination. The way the band got together in Ski in a very non-metal environment, the letter writing era, the travelling around by train and the crazy stories, Metalion's involvement, the personalities of Dead and Euro, the Helvete store, the 'scene', the suicide and murder, the different line-ups, their live shows, their merch, the huge wealth of old photos and personal anecdotes, even their logo. And of course the amazing music over the years. It's just an intriguing narrative that spans 33 years and counting....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/5/2017 at 1:00 AM, Requiem said:

Great post. Sorry I missed it until now. 

At one point Ozzy claimed that he wrote the 'Bark at the Moon' album with one finger on a piano, oh the lies.

Apparently Jake E Lee wouldn't hand over any of the riffs he wrote for 'The Ultimate Sin' until Sharon gave him a proper lock-in contract so that he could get credit and payment. At least he got those things but then booted out. I have a feeling if memory serves that Bob Daisley wrote all the lyrics for 'Bark at the Moon' for a one off payment. So yeah, the 'All songs by Ozzy Osbourne' foolishness is a total nonsense on that album as he didn't write a damn thing. Imagine the nerve, trying to tell the press that he wrote all those incredible guitar riffs with one finger on a piano. Even in a drunken haze how could anyone disrespect the songwriter and themselves to that extent. 

Then they wouldn't pay Phil Soussan properly for 'Shot in the Dark' on 'The Ultimate Sin'. I mean, it just goes on and on...

It just amazes me how much of a sociopath Sharon is, and how much of a goddamn walk-over Ozzy is. Everyone blames Sharon, and that's ok on some level because clearly she is the mastermind, but Ozzy follows around like a damn dog. How could he even consider those buffoons Rob Trujillo and Mike Bordin re-recording the drum and bass on the first two albums?? How any of that got off the ground at all, by the participants, the record label, and Ozzy, is just beyond me. It makes me angry, even today. 

Skully, have you got Bob Daisley's book 'For Facts Sake'? If you don't have it, please get it. It's incredible and exposes all the details of these matters. 

 

 

I need that Daisley book, thanks! At least my girlfriend bought me the Pearcy book. Will read it in July/August lying on the beach... Need a holiday. Bad.

As for the Ozzy and Sharon dynamics... I think Ozzy is an emotionally impaired selfish fuck who genuinely cares for people but has an attention span of like 16 seconds before his brains (or whatever it is that pulls his strings) force him to act like a crazy motherfucker and drop his pants, take a public dump, or attempt some other fucked up shit like peeing on monuments or snorting ants or chewing bats and the like. I wouldn't say he is (or used to be) deliberately bad, he simply couldn't be bothered by the consequences of any of his actions. He might feel guilty or regret for a moment or two... but he would always wash away his sins with alcohol and recreational drugs. He spent a whole life numbed to the point of becoming totally dumb! I don't blame Oz. He has a simple, yet somehow tormented and restless soul.

Pete Way of UFO has a new book out. I read an excerpt that got published in the latest issue of the UK magazine called Classic Rock. It's about his bass playing days in the Ozzy band. Crazy anecdotes, as usual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Skull_Kollektor said:

I need that Daisley book, thanks! At least my girlfriend bought me the Pearcy book. Will read it in July/August lying on the beach... Need a holiday. Bad.

As for the Ozzy and Sharon dynamics... I think Ozzy is an emotionally impaired selfish fuck who genuinely cares for people but has an attention span of like 16 seconds before his brains (or whatever it is that pulls his strings) force him to act like a crazy motherfucker and drop his pants, take a public dump, or attempt some other fucked up shit like peeing on monuments or snorting ants or chewing bats and the like. I wouldn't say he is (or used to be) deliberately bad, he simply couldn't be bothered by the consequences of any of his actions. He might feel guilty or regret for a moment or two... but he would always wash away his sins with alcohol and recreational drugs. He spent a whole life numbed to the point of becoming totally dumb! I don't blame Oz. He has a simple, yet somehow tormented and restless soul.

Pete Way of UFO has a new book out. I read an excerpt that got published in the latest issue of the UK magazine called Classic Rock. It's about his bass playing days in the Ozzy band. Crazy anecdotes, as usual.

No one seems to blame Ozzy, not even Bob Daisley.

I just think on some level he has to be held at least partly responsible for hiding away behind foolish behaviour and alcohol. Obviously he has a drinking problem that is beyond his personal control and I'm not going to be one of those people who says "Why don't you just drink less?", but at the same time, all the backstabbing that he let go on of his friends... It's like, damn Oz. 

I only say all this out of love for Ozzy Osbourne. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Skull_Kollektor said:

Well said, I totally agree! Being out of control doesn't prevent you from being liable of your misconducts and negligences.

I don't even know if this sentence makes sense in English, but I assume the message gets through anyway.

It's a great sentence and its meaning is loud and clear. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Had quite a big tape collection when I first got into metal (which shows my age), then by the time I properly got back into it we were well into the digital age. So I don't have as many original CDs as I'd like, but I'm trying to remedy that...

CDs1.jpg

Oh, and can you tell I like Scream Bloody Gore at all?

Framed_Death_Scream_Bloody_Gore_original 

Death_Hoodie.jpg 

Death_Bobblehead.jpg 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Vampyrique said:

Keeping the thirst alive! My Theatres des Vampires collection. Forgot to include a couple of items and haven't cared to buy anything recent by them as I prefer TdV when they had their original singer. 

zl1xidu.jpg

Obr5KO4.jpg

Formidable! (said in French). I don't own a single Theatre des Vampires release. I guess I should check a few out. Knowing my taste, do you have any recommendations? That candlestick, by the way, is tres formidable! 

Also, did you see the photos in this thread (on page one and two) of my black metal collection, Mayhem collection (with info), Black Sabbath/Ozzy collection and Paradise Lost collection? As for what the Countess thinks about my menacing menagerie of metal musical movements, let's just say it's not in her blood and therefore she'll never understand. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Requiem said:

Formidable! (said in French). I don't own a single Theatre des Vampires release. I guess I should check a few out. Knowing my taste, do you have any recommendations? That candlestick, by the way, is tres formidable! 

Also, did you see the photos in this thread (on page one and two) of my black metal collection, Mayhem collection (with info), Black Sabbath/Ozzy collection and Paradise Lost collection? As for what the Countess thinks about my menacing menagerie of metal musical movements, let's just say it's not in her blood and therefore she'll never understand. 

 

Theatres des Vampires are not for everyone. They are basically built on Italian horror films, black metal, gothic metal, death rock, opera and vampire novels. Some people call them cheesy but they’re one for theatrics and basically follow in the foot steps of King Diamond (despite not sounding anything like KD). Not sure how to post youtbe videos here but I provided some links.   

 

Iubilaeum Anno Dracula 2001 is an EP similar to Bloody Lunatic Asylum. It includes the greatest homage ever delivered to Count Dracula in the song Dracole Waide! Love never dies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RatoKtPBIW0

 

Suicide Vampire is their most vicious release whilst also being their most operatic and catchy very much like a musical. It’s Argento-esque in its delivery and appreciation for Italian horror cinema.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIOmrDlxy-4

 

Bloody Lunatic Asylum is my favourite. It shows the many facets of the band. Every song is different including a great cover of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. Incredible atmosphere! Till the Last Drop of Blood!    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvZrZICjg0M

 

@Requiem

And yes, only recently did I venture into this part of the forum and check out your collection photos. Excellent stuff. You've got quite an outstanding Paradise Lost and Ozzy collection too! 

I am curious to know about some of the books. How is the Mayhem book The Death Archives that you had ordered? And what are those black metal books on the lower left of the photo? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Vampyrique said:

Theatres des Vampires are not for everyone. They are basically built on Italian horror films, black metal, gothic metal, death rock, opera and vampire novels. Some people call them cheesy but they’re one for theatrics and basically follow in the foot steps of King Diamond (despite not sounding anything like KD). Not sure how to post youtbe videos here but I provided some links.   

 

Iubilaeum Anno Dracula 2001 is an EP similar to Bloody Lunatic Asylum. It includes the greatest homage ever delivered to Count Dracula in the song Dracole Waide! Love never dies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RatoKtPBIW0

 

Suicide Vampire is their most vicious release whilst also being their most operatic and catchy very much like a musical. It’s Argento-esque in its delivery and appreciation for Italian horror cinema.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIOmrDlxy-4

 

Bloody Lunatic Asylum is my favourite. It shows the many facets of the band. Every song is different including a great cover of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. Incredible atmosphere! Till the Last Drop of Blood!    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvZrZICjg0M

 

I remember now doing a youtube sweep of them some time back. I'm now listening to the 'Bloody Lunatic Asylum' album. I'm willing to give them a good go. Most of what I'm hearing is pretty cool so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Requiem said:

I remember now doing a youtube sweep of them some time back. I'm now listening to the 'Bloody Lunatic Asylum' album. I'm willing to give them a good go. Most of what I'm hearing is pretty cool so far. 

They got compared to Cradle of Filth a lot (hence why I became a fan in the first place) but I always thought the two were very different despite sharing some commonalities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Cradle of Filth collection. I don't own any shirts, and the one DVD I own I forgot to include in the picture. Their image and the tomfoolery has always bothered me, but (most of the music) does it for me. 

Cradle_Collection.jpg

 

Non-black metal CD collection, although there are probably about 20 CDs spread out between my car and a couple of stereos. To view my black metal collection please proceed to page 1 of this thread. 

CD_Collection_Total.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Cradle of Filth collection. I don't own any shirts, and the one DVD I own I forgot to include in the picture. Their image and the tomfoolery has always bothered me, but (most of the music) does it for me. 
Cradle_Collection.jpg
 
Non-black metal CD collection, although there are probably about 20 CDs spread out between my car and a couple of stereos. To view my black metal collection please proceed to page 1 of this thread. 
CD_Collection_Total.jpg


I see Dusk and her Embrace ‘Original Sin’ in there....thoughts??
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, True Belief said:

 


I see Dusk and her Embrace ‘Original Sin’ in there....thoughts??

 

Vampyrique and I have waxed lyrical about it over in the Cradle Filth thread in the Gothic Metal forum. Head over and catch up on the latest authoritative opinions on it. Basically I think it's cool and fun but it's not a shadow on the original. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

From the vaults at Castle Requiem.

Hear the voices of medieval Karelian peasants as they live their lives through the Kalevala; soar with the wings of eagles over blue seas; climb the mountain inside yourself and listen to the skull of a bear. Amorphis collection:

 

Amorphis_photos.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is my Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes collection. I have been meaning to post a picture of it for a while, as it took a lot of hunting to collect all of it. Many international orders contributed to this!

 

Vinyl:

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes self-titled l.p. (limited to 120 copies) with lyrics book

-"YSY" 7in ep (limited to 200 copies) with poster

 

CD:

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes/Konflict

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes/Xenophobic Ejaculation (limited to 300 copies)

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes/Thy Sepulchral Moon

 

Tape:

-"Detritivorous Kamigami" demo/collaboration tracks

-"Buddha Composted Pond" ep (limited to 188 copies)

-Reek of the Unzen Gas Fumes/Ravendark's Monarchcal Canticle (limited to 40 copies)0703d758395e6eb8883f0ebe208900c1.jpg

 

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • Join Metal Forum

    joinus-home.jpg

  • Our picks

    • Whichever tier of thrash metal you consigned Sacred Reich back in the 80's/90's they still had their moments.  "Ignorance" & "Surf Nicaragura" did a great job of establishing the band, whereas "The American Way" just got a little to comfortable and accessible (the title track grates nowadays) for my ears.  A couple more records better left forgotten about and then nothing for twenty three years.  2019 alone has now seen three releases from Phil Rind and co.  A live EP, a split EP with Iron Reagan and now a full length.

      Notable addition to the ranks for the current throng of releases is former Machine Head sticksman, Dave McClean.  Love or hate Machine Head, McClean is a more than capable drummer and his presence here is felt from the off with the opening and title track kicking things off with some real gusto.  'Divide & Conquer' and 'Salvation' muddle along nicely, never quite reaching any quality that would make my balls tingle but comfortable enough.  The looming build to 'Manifest Reality' delivers a real punch when the song starts proper.  Frenzied riffs and drums with shots of lead work to hold the interest.


      There's a problem already though (I know, I am such a fucking mood hoover).  I don't like Phil's vocals.  I never had if I am being honest.  The aggression to them seems a little forced even when they are at their best on tracks like 'Manifest Reality'.  When he tries to sing it just feels weak though ('Salvation') and tracks lose real punch.  Give him a riffy number such as 'Killing Machine' and he is fine with the Reich engine (probably a poor choice of phrase) up in sixth gear.  For every thrashy riff there's a fair share of rock edged, local bar act rhythm aplenty too.

      Let's not poo-poo proceedings though, because overall I actually enjoy "Awakening".  It is stacked full of catchy riffs that are sticky on the old ears.  Whilst not as raw as perhaps the - brilliant - artwork suggests with its black and white, tattoo flash sheet style design it is enjoyable enough.  Yes, 'Death Valley' & 'Something to Believe' have no place here, saved only by Arnett and Radziwill's lead work but 'Revolution' is a fucking 80's thrash heyday throwback to the extent that if you turn the TV on during it you might catch a new episode of Cheers!

      3/5
      • Reputation Points

      • 10 replies
    • I
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/52-vltimas-something-wicked-marches-in/
      • Reputation Points

      • 3 replies

    • https://www.metalforum.com/blogs/entry/48-candlemass-the-door-to-doom/
      • Reputation Points

      • 1 reply
    • Full length number 19 from overkill certainly makes a splash in the energy stakes, I mean there's some modern thrash bands that are a good two decades younger than Overkill who can only hope to achieve the levels of spunk that New Jersey's finest produce here.  That in itself is an achievement, for a band of Overkill's stature and reputation to be able to still sound relevant four decades into their career is no mean feat.  Even in the albums weaker moments it never gets redundant and the energy levels remain high.  There's a real sense of a band in a state of some renewed vigour, helped in no small part by the addition of Jason Bittner on drums.  The former Flotsam & Jetsam skinsman is nothing short of superb throughout "The Wings of War" and seems to have squeezed a little extra out of the rest of his peers.

      The album kicks of with a great build to opening track "Last Man Standing" and for the first 4 tracks of the album the Overkill crew stomp, bash and groove their way to a solid level of consistency.  The lead work is of particular note and Blitz sounds as sneery and scathing as ever.  The album is well produced and mixed too with all parts of the thrash machine audible as the five piece hammer away at your skull with the usual blend of chugging riffs and infectious anthems.  


      There are weak moments as mentioned but they are more a victim of how good the strong tracks are.  In it's own right "Distortion" is a solid enough - if not slightly varied a journey from the last offering - but it just doesn't stand up well against a "Bat Shit Crazy" or a "Head of a Pin".  As the album draws to a close you get the increasing impression that the last few tracks are rescued really by some great solos and stomping skin work which is a shame because trimming of a couple of tracks may have made this less obvious. 

      4/5
      • Reputation Points

      • 4 replies
×
×
  • Create New...