Utopian Society

BlackFuckingMetal666

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all we need to stop being divided by race. All the racism going around these days is not helping. Personally as long as there are people, I think there will be crime. There is no way to totally get rid of it. You just need to protect yourself and your family.

It sounds nice, But I don't know if I would want to live in a place were everything was neutral, would there be a place for metal in a society where we all got along? How would we have decent debates about things we disagreed with if we all agreed with each other, To be honest I think humans are wired to break the law and hate - as they are to love and be law abiding.

Re: Utopian Society I don't believe a utopian society to be possible. The largest things standing in the way are not racism, sexism, etc..., but greed and fear. As long as we only desire better things for ourselves, how could we possibly build a society in which everyone's best interests are in mind? And also, how can we trust that others will look out for us when we fear them because they are different? Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with the others on this, It wouldn't be possible. Greed for power and territory wouldn't go well with a removal of all borders which would be a necessity for a Utopian society. Some men and women will simply use others generosity to their own gain. And some just want to watch the world burn. From chaos life came, and in chaos it will end.

Well way to turn this into a depressing thread hahaha. As for the argument, I believe we can train ourselves to accept differences and Vanessa I'm not saying we can't disagree I'm saying we would all get together and discuss the best option for each decision. As for fear, fear is a natural response when dealing with the unknown. It's not about reacting or not reacting to fear it's how you react. When I see a scorpion, tarantula, or a snake I don't not try to kill it or run away from it I try to learn about it and it's habitat. When dealing with something you know nothing about you you learn about it you don't suppress it. At least that's the way I feel.

Every Utopian dream results in a Dystopian reality. It is incredibly foolish to think the flawed species called human beings could ever peacefully co-exist with each other in a world free of corruption, hatred, illness and starvation without global genocide. The most terrifying of imaginary beasts is naught but laughable when compared to the horrors man commits against man.

The human race is more like a sickness then a species we are forever fighting amongst ourselves and this will never change. The only possible manner by which a Utopia could arise is the extinction of the human race thus giving nature a chance to kick in and bring forth another species of higher intelligence which would hopefully get things right.

The human race is more like a sickness then a species we are forever fighting amongst ourselves and this will never change. The only possible manner by which a Utopia could arise is the extinction of the human race thus giving nature a chance to kick in and bring forth another species of higher intelligence which would hopefully get things right.
I used to think the same thing, now I realized that humanity in but in the infant stage of evolution. In the period of say 1000 years I believe we will be a lot closer towards a Utopia. However this will only happen if we tackle some of the problems you mentioned earlier and attempt to bring piece to at least 1 part of the world. We must start by removing things that cause these problem such as governments, natural resources, war etc etc. All of these problems are solvable with the right amount of thinking power involved. It's not impossible, improbable yes but not impossible.

There will be no human race in 1000 years time we will have destroyed ourselves long before then and rendered the planet virtually inhabitable this is a fate which is inescapable. The diseased cells continue to attack healthy cells infecting them in a never ending cycle of destruction until finally the body, no longer able to sustain itself, withers and dies. In this case the body is the huan race and the diseased cells are those prone to violence and hatred. Those who would perpetuate war, famine and disease to line their pockets. I have no faith in humanity just as I have no faith in religion.

The Utopian Society is a religious superstition. In the book Utopia by Thomas More, the government was ruled by the principles of Christ, and atheism was forbidden. Clearly, the Utopian Society is a guise of early antidisestablishmentarianism. Evolution has been cluttered by natural theology and deist philosophy. Darwin was too obsessed with a god-like species to be a true agnostic, as he claimed. The concept of Utopia holds religious implications of heaven on earth. If a true atheist were involved in the evolution revolution, eugenics wouldn't exist. Superstition visits nothing but pain and sorrow upon mankind. Humans are better off accepting nature "as is".

It is ironic then that the removal of religion could be the only possible way man could foster peace across this planet. Throughout history our bloodthirsty species has sought to rid itself of those with different beliefs and differing spiritual opinions through countless wars and crusades. Religion causes so much pain in spite of its outward appearance as a body which alleviates suffering. The truth is without religions promoting hatred of one another humanity would actually be able to craft a lasting peace. Such peace would leave countless researchers free to explore cures for the most horrific of diseases and solve famine and poverty. This would never happen of course as the human cancer is not wired this way. I suddenly realise that my opinion of my own species is very, very low indeed no wonder people consider me to be somewhat of a downer to be around

This doesn't mean we can't change. I understand that humanity is a repeated failure however so am I, I've been screwing things up most of my life yet here I am going back to college to be a paramedic. I know this is on a far smaller scale, but the point is that we can't just give up. I am agnostic and personally believe that people can believe in a god without religion. The first thing we can to do is simply accept people who are different. That one simple step can start us on the path to something great for humanity. I know it's not as simple as it sounds as this is changing the aspect of a human mind which has been conditioned to hate what it can't understand. I understand your views and lack of ability to believe in mankind but I will NOT give up. I do not believe in god I believe in the possibility of having humanity reach epic proportions and expanding out across the entire galaxy, IF we get our shit together. This can be accomplished even though it will be very difficult. I'm not willing to give on humanity just yet it's the only thing I have left.

Human beings are incredibly inept entities. Thousands of years of so called evolution have still not seen us manage to hone self-advancement without doing so at the expense of others or the environment. As humans we are very short sighted and rarely see beyond the visible landscape or even try to plan ahead, we are poor at strategy and despite our supposed technological advancement it is not common for us to use that development and knowledge to our advantage. We spend decades debating topics without every making any real progress on them. We learn nothing from our mistakes and conflicts that are decades (or even centuries) in scope continue to rumble on without any possible resolution. We are selfish as a race and only show any humanity when faced with mass tragedy or insurmountable odds. The time to change all this is long gone. We may appear to have evolved as a race but the harsh reality is that we are not far removed from caveman still. Society exists on judgements based on race, gender, sexuality, media values and peer group pressure. The stereotypes I come across every day and the stigma surrounding people with mental health problems and learning disabilities is terrible, no amount of work seems to truly overcome this "safe zone" that people shut themselves in whereby anyone who doesn't fit a norm cannot possibly be a part of "normality".

I understand that humanity is filled with mistakes and I agree that we are still but caveman but I cannot agree that our chances are long gone I will not give up on humanity as long as I live. As long as I breath I will continue to try to advocate change and advancement among the human race. Sooner or later we will come to a fork in the road at which point we as humanity will face immediate extinction or survival and at that point I think we will surpass all human expectations.

I advocate for change, as well. Most people are absorbed in a narcissistic consumer culture more interested in hearing about Lady Gaga than the issues. When people are willing to walk or bicycle to the corner store instead of burning fossil fuels, things might change. When people are concerned for the welfare of the elderly and disabled, rather than celebrity relationships, things might change. When saving the resources of the planet becomes more important to people than popping another child out of the womb, things might change. I fear most people only care about sex, money, and the latest gossip. When you tell them war, poverty, global warming, and suffering is real they lose interest. 68% of voters believe global warming is a conspiracy. Logic can be used to adapt to the environment, but the majority of this species abuses it to destroy the environment.

I advocate for change' date=' as well. Most people are absorbed in a narcissistic consumer culture more interested in hearing about Lady Gaga than the issues. When people are willing to walk or bicycle to the corner store instead of burning fossil fuels, things might change. When people are concerned for the welfare of the elderly and disabled, rather than celebrity relationships, things might change. When saving the resources of the planet becomes more important to people than popping another child out of the womb, things might change. I fear most people only care about sex, money, and the latest gossip. When you tell them war, poverty, global warming, and suffering is real they lose interest. 68% of voters believe global warming is a conspiracy. Logic can be used to adapt to the environment, but the majority of this species abuses it to destroy the environment.[/quote'] Thank you, it's people like you that know about the problems of the world and choose to do something about or even want to do something about that give me hope and allow me to put my faith in humanity.

recognition of mans flaws is fine but it simply isn't possible for those select few willing to strive for a better world to influence the behaviour of the selfish majority.
Then it is time to stop relying on trying to influence people and force them to see the truth. When people have cataracts the get corrective eye surgery and fix the problem. It's just like cancer you cut it out so we need to do the same.