Metalforum fest meeting next summer ?

Idlewilde

OK it's sure that for this summer it's too late for festival organisation. As far as I understood you never had a meeting guys! It's time for it to happen!!! It's far-fetched for next summer, but better earlier than too late. I know I could meet a total lack of enthusiasm, but I have to try it! Let's meet on a fest next summer! I suggest cheaper and easy to reach destinations for a metal fest. I personnally could not go out of Europe, but as far as I know many of us are European. A few of my suggestions-Masters of Rock, Wacken, Hellfest, Metal Days? Just an opinion-If we want to meet it shouldn't be so much about the bands, more like about the festival spirit! I have personally seen most of the bands I want to see live, so I don't really care if there is this and that on one festival and not on another. Only band I really care about seeing a lot is Gamma Ray :D But i've seen them 4 times already as well :D I love Wacken. It gives a lot of possibilities for people to hang around together. Plus Germany is ok as a location, it won't be so hard for us to reach it. So, opinions? Please be motivated about it! It'll be great if we can make it happen!

Well, Sure, Im probably on my way to one of them anyway, Pretty damn tired of Wacken thou. Metal Days is the best location ive been to. But it was called Metalcamp at the time. But i Agree, Germany is a middle point in Europe at least. only takes me 10 hours to Wacken for example.

Well, Sure, Im probably on my way to one of them anyway, Pretty damn tired of Wacken thou. Metal Days is the best location ive been to. But it was called Metalcamp at the time. But i Agree, Germany is a middle point in Europe at least. only takes me 10 hours to Wacken for example.
Good! Now we're two. I've never been to Metal Camp but for me it's very comfy since it's close to Bulgaria :)

Good! Now we're two. I've never been to Metal Camp but for me it's very comfy since it's close to Bulgaria :)
I was there in 09, and had tickets for 2010 but our bustrip was cancelled so never happend. Really liked the nature surrounding that place. And people were really friendly. English was not a problem either. which can be in Germany. at least from my experience.

I don't know I never had troubles in Germany but I speak a little bit of German so if someone looks at me in a weird way I try to put up a sentence in German and normally it works. At least in Bulgaria most of the young people speak English, so I wouldn't expect troubles there either.

well I'd love to of course given my situation that does make things more complicated i.e. it would probably help if I met one of the group at an airport you have no idea how difficult it is travelling in your own country when you're vision impaired let alone overseas, HellFest or Wacken top my to-do list

well I'd love to of course given my situation that does make things more complicated i.e. it would probably help if I met one of the group at an airport you have no idea how difficult it is travelling in your own country when you're vision impaired let alone overseas' date=' HellFest or Wacken top my to-do list[/quote'] Well I doubt that's an issue having in mind that at least one of us will come with an airplane!At least if we do Wacken or Hellfest I'm with a plane for sure so we'll just have to coordinate the flights. If we go for Metaldays we can still think of something! Hellfest is also great for me since I have friends from France that go there every year and I speak French :)

I've always wanted to go to one of those big European festivals, but living in the US, it costs quite a bit just to get to Europe. I've never even made it to any of the bigger US festivals, like Maryland Death Fest, it would be nice if there were some that weren't so far away from me. I'm hoping that once my house repairs are done, I can start saving up enough to make some of these trips. Besides a festival, I've just always wanted to go to Europe and never have.

I've always wanted to go to one of those big European festivals' date=' but living in the US, it costs quite a bit just to get to Europe. I've never even made it to any of the bigger US festivals, like Maryland Death Fest, it would be nice if there were some that weren't so far away from me. I'm hoping that once my house repairs are done, I can start saving up enough to make some of these trips. Besides a festival, I've just always wanted to go to Europe and never have.[/quote'] Well, we're talking about next year....so who knows? Perhaps you'll still manage to do something.Although I know how money-consuming house-repairs are! I still have so much stuff to fix on my appartment..

Well it's hard to do anything central since Murph lives in Australia. On the other hand, I suppose he is able to travel pretty readily... From what I can tell the most central location where a metal gig is likely to happen would either be Hellfest or something on the East Coast of the United States. ProgPower, anyone? :D

Ok till now from what I see I'm going for Hellfest. Instead I get a pretty amazing salary increase I wouldn't be able to cross the ocean even if I put aside something every month:)I can get on so-so well in France in terms of orientation, and I can see to pick up Murph. Plus I've never been to hellfest

I should also probably mention that my summers won't be free for the next two years and probably another four years after that. :( Such is the consequence of taking a course of study that requires a lot of job experience... anyhow, maybe I'll be able to get good work after I get my bachelor's and then I can see what my timetable looks like.

Well ive seen so many bands I dont really choose festival just for them anymore, Hellfest is on my list of festivals i havent been to yet. And as long as we are talking about doing this in Europe its not really a problem for me.
You damn Europeans, everything is just so close together over there.

Now if only there were some sort of metal cruise that set out from Amsterdam, went to Philadelphia and then traveled through the Panama canal to Adelaide. Perhaps we ought to be agitating for some kind of Metal Concorde so as to pick up everyone in short order and drop off at Metalcamp or something.

Actually going to the Metal cruise fest is one of my metal dreams:) But it costs so damn much that I have to save a lot in order to make it work! Iceni I hope that you can get yourself a free couple of days in order to be able to come, same goes for you Murph :) It will turn out great if we can really make it. Rob, it is the same for me, I am so very spoiled with all the fests and concert...Sofia became such a popular destination for bands! But Hellfest is an unknown festival experience for me.